Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

A comment on Geico customer service...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default A comment on Geico customer service...

I would just like to state for the record that in a world where 15 minute to one hour plus wait times on the phone are the norm - and not even the bad - in terms of just about every business in every industry out there, Geico has absolutely shocked me in the past two years.

I've had Geico insurance for about two years now and when I dial their customer service phone number for any reason - and I have on many occasions at random times throughout the day, night, and weekends - the phone has not even RUNG one single time before a live customer service person picks up, eager to help me. I called today for something and I really just had to throw it out there because I'm always waiting for that machine or long wait, but it hasn't happened yet. Unbelievable. They literally pick up the phone before it even rings.

Now funny as it is, I haven't had any claims since I've had them so even though I'm praising their customer service, I've never actually needed to "use" them, although my girlfriend has for a fender bender that wasn't her fault and they handled it extremely well and professionally. Just a thought. Feel free to throw your experiences out there to contradict or reinforce my own. I just thought I should give credit where credit is due.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My experience is that Geico is not available in Massachusetts. Anyone else have this experience?

That may change now that insurance in Mass is sort of deregulated, other companies that wouldn't do business in Mass before are slowly moving in, but no Geico yet.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience with GEICO is that I'm 24 and too young to drive their company car as an adjuster and they told me after I took and past their tests! I'll try next year though. Nothing else to speak on them about.