Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

White T/A Bensalem PA, WS6 hood, exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White T/A Bensalem PA, WS6 hood, exhaust...

Hey guys, I looked at a white Trans Am (2000) today at a lot in Bensalem, PA. It's got a WS6 hood, long tubes, exhaust, strut tower bar, subframe connectors, and a mild cam...but the lot didn't have any info or records on the work that was done to the car. It was previously registered in Connecticut, so I was just wondering if by chance, the previous owner was on this site (or if anybody on here may know anything about it). The car threw a SES light as I was driving it, and he claimed it was an o2 sensor code (mehhh...).

Here's the link to the Autotrader that I found on it.

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/in...5&cardist=5456

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-03-2008, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

**2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula**6 Speed Manual**Leather**T-Tops**Monsoon Sound System w/12 disc CD Changer**Warranty**For more information please contact Al or Stan at 215-638-2420. This is a beautiful car inside and out from the paint to the interior. This vehicle runs and drives great. Won't last long!!

They have it listed as a formula and it has the front lip of a trans am. Run the vin and the rpo code to be sure
Old 10-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by httrdd
**2000 Pontiac Firebird Formula**6 Speed Manual**Leather**T-Tops**Monsoon Sound System w/12 disc CD Changer**Warranty**For more information please contact Al or Stan at 215-638-2420. This is a beautiful car inside and out from the paint to the interior. This vehicle runs and drives great. Won't last long!!

They have it listed as a formula and it has the front lip of a trans am. Run the vin and the rpo code to be sure
Yeah I did, it's not a formula. I'm not sure why it was listed that way...there's another one they're selling that's listed as the same thing.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im sure it wont pass emissions. make sure they give it new stickers if you buy it.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BoostedWS7
im sure it wont pass emissions. make sure they give it new stickers if you buy it.
Looked like it had stock cats...I'd probably have to get it inspected shortly after the purchase anyway since I'm in DE...
Old 10-04-2008, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

Borrow a hand held scanner and scan it. And ditto on making sure they give ya a new inspection sticker.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

u better jump on that or i might steel the car from ya
ps- all those dealers are 9 times outta 10 stupid when it comes to listing these cars, so im not surprised they listed a trans am as a formula. im lookin for a new one maybe... ive gotta lotta miles on mine and with those mild mods id love it...

update us if u get it or not
Old 10-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1BlackBeauty98
u better jump on that or i might steel the car from ya
ps- all those dealers are 9 times outta 10 stupid when it comes to listing these cars, so im not surprised they listed a trans am as a formula. im lookin for a new one maybe... ive gotta lotta miles on mine and with those mild mods id love it...

update us if u get it or not
Yeah, I was a little iffy on going up to check it out in the first place, but the guy I talked to knew a bit about cars it seemed, and pointed out the sub-frame connectors, and the fact that it sounded cammed (any other lot would've probably told me the idle was rough).

I'm 90% sure I'm picking it up...gonna call him again today, see if he replaced the o2 sensor, and throw him an offer. I'll keep you updated though.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Launching!

if im not mistaken a dealer cant sell you a car out there with a check engine light on... dont quote me on that though. pepboys a scanner and return it when your done. Make sure you get a few bucks knocked off too...
Old 10-09-2008, 12:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oberth1
if im not mistaken a dealer cant sell you a car out there with a check engine light on... dont quote me on that though. pepboys a scanner and return it when your done. Make sure you get a few bucks knocked off too...
Turns out the code was for an air check valve. Everything was taken care of and it's ready to go. I've got a scanner that I'm taking up for the final test drive, and hopefully purchase, on Saturday. I called him up and told him what I was willing to pay (cash) and they called back accepting the offer...so I'm very happy with the deal so far. I'll let you guys know how it goes, if there is any interest lol.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:56 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

That looks alot like jay (lowmaxamuta)'s car.. I wonder if he got rid of it, I haven't seen him on here in a LONG time. He had put a cam in his though.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
That looks alot like jay (lowmaxamuta)'s car.. I wonder if he got rid of it, I haven't seen him on here in a LONG time. He had put a cam in his though.
Any chance you could hunt down some pics for me? If not it's cool.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't have any to be honest, but I do remember his transam being white with a tan interior, and he had a set of black aftermarket wheels on it.

Car looks alot like his does/did.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I don't have any to be honest, but I do remember his transam being white with a tan interior, and he had a set of black aftermarket wheels on it.

Car looks alot like his does/did.
The portion of the rear bumper where it's cut out for the exhaust is also painted black...dunno if that helps at all.

And does he seem like the kind of person that would get a car repo'd? Turns out this one was. I'm kind of iffy on buying it, but regardless, I'm going to take a final look at it on Saturday.