Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

a/c question

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default a/c question

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...9#post10440719

if anyone in Tampa, or central Florida has a shop and can give me a better deal, or if anyone has done it before in the garage, i have $$$

how much should I expect to find a used or rebuilt compressor? does anyone have one laying around? Thanks guys!
Old 11-07-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jdoostil
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...9#post10440719

if anyone in Tampa, or central Florida has a shop and can give me a better deal, or if anyone has done it before in the garage, i have $$$

how much should I expect to find a used or rebuilt compressor? does anyone have one laying around? Thanks guys!
To help you out, my black TA's A/C compressor puked all its oil at 93k miles... I bought a CLEAN A/C compressor from a user here with 30k miles for 70 bucks. I sweat for a few months and then jumped on it when it popped up.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:52 AM
11 Second Club

dude you want nothing to do with a reman compressor for these cars there junk.. i sell automotive ac for a living and do work on the side.. i'm currently about to be moving into my new house in the apopka area.. if you can wait a while.. i surely can help you out..

Mike
Old 11-08-2008, 09:03 AM
11 Second Club

brand new GM compressor lists for 553.08 costs me 319.96
orfice tube 2.42
accumulator 30 bucks you always want to change this when you do the compressor.. it is the filter and dehydrator for the a/c system..

i'm assuming this is what they meant by hose assembly?

also if you pull the orfice tube and theres a bunch of metal on it.. you prob want to change the condenser also.. sometimes your ok with a good flush..

now a gm condenser through me is 235 bucks.. hopefully its not needed.. but unfortunatly sometimes it is..

as for not driving the car?? take the ac belt off.. you can drive it all you want..

i would do the job for around 500 and thats all brand new parts.. and i supply the 134a and oil..

Mike

Quick Reply: a/c question