Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

small claims? what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default small claims? what do you think?

Ok, heres the back story:

My ex gf and i had been together for ever and some, since high school. We planned a cruise together with a couple of my friends and we split the charge, i paid my portion in may and she paid her portion in september. She broke up with me at the end of september (wont go into details but there was another guy), and i tried to get a replacement on the cruise because she did not want to go anymore. She finally cancelled her payment today and I'm stuck footing the bill that we were both supposed to share. I'm going to legal services on campus about it, but is that a possible credit card fraud since it was a legit charge and now it was withdrawn? Do you people think that I have a good stance in a small claims setting to reclaim that cruise money (and other monies i can prove she owes me)? Give me all some feed back
Old 11-19-2008, 02:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think without paper, you're screwed and small claims court
is pretty iffy anyway (getting a judgement is one thing, but
collecting is another, an unwilling loser can drag it out a good
long time, cost you in fees, time and aggravation until you
just give up). Unless you're dealing with somebody who's a
stupid, solid citizen that is ready to pay up when the whistle
blows, small claims is probably more trouble than it's worth.
If it's a broke bimbo with a **** job who can just move out
of state, may as well call it an education.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would just write it off as a loss and move on to better things.Take this advice from someone who's been there done that. It's not worth the stress and there are way too many girls out there who can make you feel better about things.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You going to UCF? I see Winter Springs, Fl. I've used their legal advice a few times during my stay at UCF. Damn campus police suck at life and think they are the sh*t up there....sorry for the rant. Plenty of hotties up in that area. Don't get hung up on the ex. Anyone who can go behind your back like that is not even worth a second thought.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
I would just write it off as a loss and move on to better things.Take this advice from someone who's been there done that. It's not worth the stress and there are way too many girls out there who can make you feel better about things.
For half of a cruise bill, ya I agree with this guy. Move on with life. It will be about $200-300 just to file in smail claims. Yes, if you "win" she could be liable for the fees too, but, like stated, what's the chances she's gonna pay up? Move on with life, you won't even remember her name in 10 years.