Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Norris Motorsports Holiday LSx Tuning Special - $295 Complete w/ Dyno Time - NA Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 06:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Norris Motorsports Holiday LSx Tuning Special - $295 Complete w/ Dyno Time - NA Tunes

Hey All,

In the spirit of the season as well as to show my appreciation for all the support and business over the past year, I wanted to extend a 25% savings on my full LSx tunes to everyone.

Normal pricing for a naturally aspirated tune is $395 for all idle, driveability and dyno tuning and the price is reduced till the end of the year to $295. If you all can get 3 guys together to come the same day it will be $275 each.

Forced induction (SC or turbo) will be $100 more. If there are "issues" that need to be addressed for a proper tune, the extra time is not included in the $295.

The schedule is a bit crowded already to the end of the year, but I can make available night time and weekend tuning appointments to get folks in as well as be more convienent.

Feel free to PM me, e-mail me at thevettedr@aol.com or call me weekdays at 407-616-2518 and I can discuss your current combination and set up an appointment.

Thanks again to everyone to a very successful year and hopefully this pricing will help out a few folks during these trying economic times for some.

Mike Norris
Old 11-30-2008, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the supporting mods listed, what should i expect to see as far as gains?

and also will this tune out the 3rd gear shift problem(not shifting into 3rd at WOT)

99' Ws6
Ls6 Intake, BBK 80mm Throttle body and spacer, Ported& Descreened MAF, Shift kit, ASP underdrive pulley, SLP lid, K&N, !AIR ,!EGR, SLP over ride fan switch, SLP Ram air scoop, 3.73s, Borla XS PRO mufflers, Magnaflow Tips, True Dual, Xpipe, Hooker super comp longtubes, catless

and does this include the ses light and calibrate the speedo for the gears?
Old 12-01-2008, 06:35 AM
FormerVendor

With the list of mods you have related to fuel control I owuld say you will definitely benefit from a tune. Gains do vary from car to car, but most fall into the 15-25 HP gain area. I have had some cars that were off quite a bit and pick up 40-50 HP, but that is not the norm. I do a base run first to see where we are at. From there I make sure that all idle and cruise parameters are correct before heading into the WOT tuning.

Yes it does include SES lights due to the changes as well as speedo and shift points. I do not turn off all SES codes as some could be due to a bad sensor and cause other issues. In these cases diagnosis and repair are not included.

In the case of the no shift to third, if it is a calibration issue it will be fixed. If it is a trans issue, then probably not. If the PCM is not calibrated correctly for the 3.73, then a tune will most likely fix it.

Hope this helps.

Mike Norris
Old 12-01-2008, 06:40 AM
TECH Junkie

too bad you're so far away
Old 12-01-2008, 08:57 AM
TECH Regular

Damn i was planning on coming to you for a tune after I installed my cam, but that probably wont be till after the 1st.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unreal price Mike! And of course, no extra charges for the dyno.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TLewis4095
Unreal price Mike! And of course, no extra charges for the dyno.
Are you guys going to offer something like this for the Tampa area...?
Old 12-01-2008, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
Are you guys going to offer something like this for the Tampa area...?
Dude drive to Orlando. It's about an hour from Tampa. Probably take you longer to drive over the Skyway. Mike tuned the Chevelle and she's running strong.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mike Norris
With the list of mods you have related to fuel control I owuld say you will definitely benefit from a tune. Gains do vary from car to car, but most fall into the 15-25 HP gain area. I have had some cars that were off quite a bit and pick up 40-50 HP, but that is not the norm. I do a base run first to see where we are at. From there I make sure that all idle and cruise parameters are correct before heading into the WOT tuning.

Yes it does include SES lights due to the changes as well as speedo and shift points. I do not turn off all SES codes as some could be due to a bad sensor and cause other issues. In these cases diagnosis and repair are not included.

In the case of the no shift to third, if it is a calibration issue it will be fixed. If it is a trans issue, then probably not. If the PCM is not calibrated correctly for the 3.73, then a tune will most likely fix it.

Hope this helps.

Mike Norris
do i need to make an appointment or can i come tomorrow?

also do you guys take visa?
Old 12-01-2008, 01:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by stealth71
Dude drive to Orlando. It's about an hour from Tampa. Probably take you longer to drive over the Skyway. Mike tuned the Chevelle and she's running strong.
+1, Mike is worth the drive.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by geeteego
+1, Mike is worth the drive.

X2......

Mike is awesome to deal with!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Regular

this guy shop is comming up everywhere with good feedback, I think its worth the trip up there as well I'm going to put in my cam and gear and get it up there hopefully next year......Im going to mention this to the guys in my club Fbodyinc.......i think some of us need a tune still
Old 12-01-2008, 06:48 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the kind words everyone and thanks for all the calls and inquiries today. Looks like this will be good for a lot of folks. I guess it can be a bit of a drive, but I get folks from all over the SE, states (GA, NC, AL, SC) that come this way quite often.

13lu91rS,

Most likely Weds will be the earliest and an appointment is the best way to be sure to get in. Give me a call or PM me and I will get you set up.

If folks from Tampa want to set up a tuning day, just let me know. The cost will be more though as dyno time will have to be added. I will still honor the $295 price on my end. I am basically donating my dyno time at this price.

TheLSgun,

Get going in that install

Thanks again.

Mike Norris
Old 12-01-2008, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Do you offer military discounts for cam installs?
Old 12-01-2008, 07:38 PM
12 Second Club

hey mike this is the kid blue91rs is talking about. I'm wanting to come tomorrow because it's the only day I have off this week and idk when I'll have off next week. If u could do it tomorrow that would be fantastic. I can come at any time. Just let me know

Thanks
Mike
Old 12-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Launching!

great deal and a great guy to deal with
Old 12-01-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

^
x2
Mike's service is second to none. He's done both my clutch/updated hydraulics and complete 9" rear differential install. I couldn't be happier with the turnout and highly recommend his work to anyone.

Question for Mike on the special...I'm assuming a nitrous tune is included in the "$100 more" category??? I could definitely use some tweaking. Regardless I'm still interested, and it'd be great to get together w/ two other guys in need of a tune to really take advantage of the holiday special.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:58 AM
Staging Lane

x3 for a reputable performance shop which provides the best quality money can buy.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:44 AM
On The Tree

Hey, I'm trying to get in on this, I just have to finish an install, and get two 02 sensors. So if someone wants to meet up with me, I already have a second car waiting. just not sure when I can get out there.

Let me know if anyone is interested so we can get the three person rate.

Mike, I might be able to do something on a Friday instead of a Sunday. How long do the tunes normally take for each car? And how late do you stay open? I'll make sure an make an appointment before just showing up.

THANKS FOR THE GREAT DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 06:19 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks again everyone!!

Tomorrow (actually today, Tuesday) is just pretty packed up with work still here from when I was out of town last week. On top of that I have a clutch to get done today as well as two tunes that were already scheduled from before I went out of town.

I wish I could try to squeeze you in but I do not want to inconvience those already here and having previous appointments. Hopefully that makes sense and I very much appreciate wanting to want me to work for you. From Weds on is good just about anytime except for this Thursday night as I have my sons school program then.

Maybe it will work out to come with some other folks. I can do about three cars in a day, maybe 4. I can stay late till 9-ish or so and if we need to do an all day Sunday this weekend no problem.

Thanks again.

Mike Norris

Quick Reply: Norris Motorsports Holiday LSx Tuning Special - $295 Complete w/ Dyno Time - NA Tunes