Got arrested street racing AGAIN! :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Got arrested street racing AGAIN! :(

JUST KIDDING!!!

For some reason I like doing this

I took my final exam at the police academy and passed, so all I have to do now is take the state exam and then have someone hire me. I am almost done with the hiring process for a select couple of departments, but some unfortunately look like they are going to freeze me .

Sorry if I scared any of you

If anybody knows any South/Central FL agencies hiring, please let me know so I can put in an application. Any help would be fantastic

Ref. joke from this thread.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-m...et-racing.html
Old 02-21-2009, 10:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well that would serve you right if you got caught a second time.

I know some high up people at the Broward County sheriff office. If that would help you out. Don't know if they are hiring or not. Not he best part of tow either. To close to Miami.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

Where in florida are you located? In jacksonville you get paid training and get job placement as soon as you get out of the academy. I just got into the correctional academy and start on monday. 4 months of paid training and then right into a job. Do you have a 4 year degree?
Old 02-21-2009, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

GPD is hiring right here in Gainesville. I see ads all the time on employ Florida. BTW Was that you I saw on main a weeks back. I was in a white TA and honked ar a white SS with the grille insert missing
Old 02-21-2009, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Don't most Sheriff's depts. only start at like 28K or something though? I'd assume FHP would pay a little more?
Old 02-21-2009, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

Fhp pays according to where you are stationed, if your in backwater Florida the pay is just under 30k. Word from a former trooper don't go state go county
Old 02-21-2009, 01:17 PM
11 Second Club

Im only in the correctional field right now and I get paid my salary for the trianing, then I get a nice raise once I graduate and then another pretty nice raise after a year. And then like a 3% per year raise. But I start a lil over 30k. JSO... jacksonville sheriffs office starts you out around 33k for training and then 35k after training and then you get a big raise after your first 3 or 5 years. It all depends on how big the city is.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

GPD is looking pretty good. They pay a good bit more than the next county down. I've been with my agency for 3 years and still make less than GPD, but I also didn't get my raise last year (or this year) due to budget cuts.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Orange County is hiring a ton of oinkers. One of my very good friends is going through the review process right now.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Teching In

wait cops in florida start at 33k a year? thats crazy, cops here in the bay area start at 60k a year.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:05 PM
12 Second Club

GPD starts out at 41k. 68birdls1 can you see about getting me free training? The corrections academy here is 2K and is done by the sheriffs office on a by need basis
Old 02-21-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Regular

I don't plan on working anywhere near Alachua County. Although I went to the Academy there, I need to go back to South Florida for personal family issues.

I could care less whether or not I am working in the "bad" part of town; that just means there's more work to be done
Old 02-21-2009, 04:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DoingBadThingsIsFun
wait cops in florida start at 33k a year? thats crazy, cops here in the bay area start at 60k a year.
I was thinking the same. No wonder so many cops down here are tools.

My old county I lived in while I was in NY started rookies at almost 70K.

33K to possibly get shot at is a joke and not worth it IMO. All cops should make at least 50K considering the crap they deal with and the shitty hours etc....
Old 02-21-2009, 04:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here is my job:

The Fort Worth Police Department endeavors to hire the most qualified applicants to become police officers for the City of Fort Worth. Our requirements conform to the standards issued by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Standards and Education. In addition, the department may mandate more professional standards not indicated in our basic requirements. (Requirements are subject to change)

Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. Certificate and 12 semester hours of college.

Residency: Must live within 30 minutes of designated report-in station; must be accomplished within six (6) months of employment.

Age Requirements: 21-44 years of age (cannot have reached 45 years of age by date of civil service exam)

Special Note: Applicants must successfully pass a written test, a physical assessment test, a background check, a psychological examination, a polygraph examination, interview and medical examination.

TCLEOSE standards have been revised effective March 1, 2001 and apply to the current recruitment process:

Never have been convicted OR have been on court-related community supervision or probation for any offense above the grade of a Class B misdemeanor or a Class B misdemeanor within the last ten years.

Never have been convicted of any family violence offense.

License: Valid and current Texas Class "C" driver's license.

Veteran: Please submit a photocopy of DD214 at time of application that shows 180 days of consecutive "active duty" days. Must also have received an Honorable Discharge to qualify for veteran points on a passing score of 70.
Submission of a complete application for the position of police trainee requires the following:

Complete written application
Certified copy of official birth certificate
Certified copy of Naturalization paper (if applicable)
Copy of valid Drivers License
Copy of official high school diploma or GED
If GED, proof of 12 hours from an accredited college with a 2.0 GPA or higher
Copy of Military Discharge Paper (DD214 or DD256) showing discharge
Copy of Social Security card
Official Driving Record

After meeting all preliminary requirements, every applicant is required to complete the following procedures:

Written Examination (Civil Service Exam)- Applicants are required to take a written test. An individual's test score (plus any veterans points on scores 70 and above) will be used to determine an individual's rank on the eligibility list.

The highest ranked candidates will proceed through the following process:

Fitness Assessment - Applicants are required to complete a Physical Assessment Test (PAT) which basically is a obstacle course. The test consists of a sprint and barrier surmount, stair climb, physical restraint task (power training machine), pursuit run, victim rescue, and concludes with a trigger pull evaluation. The applicant will be wearing approximately 14 to 17 pounds of gear during the test to represent standard-issued gear a police officer would be wearing. The assessment is a timed event, with the maximum allowable time for the PAT being 2 minutes and 55 seconds. The PAT is conducted on a pass/fail basis.

Personal History - After successful completing the physical agility tests, applicants will be issued a Personal History Booklet requiring detailed information from the applicant.

Background Investigation - A background investigation will be conducted to verify information provided by the candidate and to determine if the candidate meets the minimum standards for the position of police trainee.

Polygraph - Applicant will be required to take a polygraph test.

Oral Review Board - An oral review board will conduct an interview with each candidate who meets minimum standards. The board will determine if the candidate can perform the essential functions of the job.

Psychological Examination - The Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education requires that all peace officers be examined by a licensed psychologist who certifies that they are in satisfactory psychological and emotional health to be a police officer.

Medical Examination - Final applicants will be given a thorough physical examination appropriate for the essential physical functions of a police officer position.

Final Appointment - Final appointment is contingent upon recommendation by the Chief of Police and approval by the City Manager, in addition to successful completion of the psychological and physical examination.

All of this, and you too can start out at $46,051 annually
Old 02-21-2009, 05:08 PM
TECH Regular

Not bad at all. It depends on where you are as to how high your salary is. There are places in Alachua County that start their deputies at 28K a year, which is pathetic. However, other departments closer to South FL start officers at 46K a year, and then increase your pay every year for 5 years (unpromoted) until you hit 72K a year.

As they say in many professions..... "Location, location, location"

Last edited by The SSheriff; 04-24-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The SSheriff
Not bad at all. It depends on where you are as to how high your salary is. There are places in Alachua County that start their deputies at 28K a year, which is pathetic. However, other departments closer to South FL (Such as North Miami Beach where I am in the hiring process for) start officers at 46K a year, and then increase your pay every year for 5 years (unpromoted) until you hit 72K a year.

As they say in many professions..... "Location, location, location"
You better get that in writing or they better have a union to keep that in place. I was also "told" that I would get 6% every year, and it's been that way for the last 30+ years. I was also told that my starting pay will be lower than surrounding areas, but I would surpass the pay of other agencies in approximately 4 years and keep widening the gap due to the 6% raises. Well, I only got two of those raises. None last year, and none until further notice. So now I'm stuck with the low pay with no raises.

Law school here I come.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:51 PM
TECH Regular

I actually have it in writing. My recruiter gave me a whole packet with that increasing pay scale included, so if they decide to give me the shaft, I can always produce that piece of paper. I have to get them to hire me first, though .
Old 02-21-2009, 08:50 PM
12 Second Club

Im going to try to get into the sponsored academy at Jacksonville. Hope I get in.
BTW Was that you I saw on main a weeks back. I was in a white TA and honked ar a white SS with the grille insert missing
You going to tell me if you were that SS on main that I honked at or not Dana?
Old 02-21-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nhraracer
Im going to try to get into the sponsored academy at Jacksonville. Hope I get in.

You going to tell me if you were that SS on main that I honked at or not Dana?
Good luck. Hope you get in.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:57 AM
TECH Regular

I was that SS. However, my grille insert is not missing, it is just a different type of grille insert (Wings West) that I painted to match the color of the car.

Things aren't always what they seem

Quick Reply: Got arrested street racing AGAIN! :(