Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Good Trans shop around Tampa

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Trans shop around Tampa

Looking to install a Trans Go HD2 shift kit and need a good shop around that Tampa area to do it. Heard mixed reviews on this kit. Anyone with this kit installed have any input or issue with it?
Old 03-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mc02TA
Looking to install a Trans Go HD2 shift kit and need a good shop around that Tampa area to do it. Heard mixed reviews on this kit. Anyone with this kit installed have any input or issue with it?

Since Transmission Physcitions closed there is not any I would trust in the Tampa area. You can call PerormaBuilt...
Old 04-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Look up Starlight transmissions in Zephyrhills. I here good work from them. I have not done a LS1 tranny, but my brother got his turbo buick grand national done there and it came out great. hope this helps
Old 04-03-2009, 09:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TLewis4095
Since Transmission Physcitions closed there is not any I would trust in the Tampa area. You can call PerormaBuilt...
agreed. i have no idea what 4L60e guys are going to do now.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

I'm having Anti Venom rebuild my transmission next week. Having a trans-go installed as well. If you want, I'll let you know how it goes. They seem like a pretty good shop, and have some nice work hanging on their walls.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by majeskyb
I'm having Anti Venom rebuild my transmission next week. Having a trans-go installed as well. If you want, I'll let you know how it goes. They seem like a pretty good shop, and have some nice work hanging on their walls.

Greg is VERY knowledgable....you should be in good hands.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by majeskyb
Have heard many good things about Anti Venom on motor work but didn't know that they did the tranny also. Let me know how that rebuild goes.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the best tranny shop in tampa by far and i have alot of experience with them is Tim Moye in Lutz he does alot of high HP car and diesels and he has alot of knowledge in the 4l60e's had my car done there a while back now no complaints at all and since it was cash got a hell of a deal plus i got all suncost internals which are the **** PM me ill give you his info if you want
Old 04-08-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm interested in how it goes, I have a friend that needs a th400 rebuilt, and I need a 700r4 rebuilt.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by witry
the best tranny shop in tampa by far and i have alot of experience with them is Tim Moye in Lutz he does alot of high HP car and diesels and he has alot of knowledge in the 4l60e's had my car done there a while back now no complaints at all and since it was cash got a hell of a deal plus i got all suncost internals which are the **** PM me ill give you his info if you want
i have never heard of him. lots of tranny shops boast about having the best 4l60e - my question is - how many cars have run fast, and done it consistently with their builds.

usually, the tranny shop shuts up at that point. the ONLY shop i would take it locally WAS Transmission Physicans, but they have closed shop b/c the owner is now a full time pilot. i know of 10 second cars that have been consistent with those transmissions.

every and i mean EVERY shop in FL has disappointed and promises are empty with these so called "best" 4L60e transmissions.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ohh dont get me wrong Transmission Physicans where the **** no doubt but i have seem many vetts and fbodys from there run 10.50 to 11.10 there i personally drop my buddys vette off there and picked it up and went to the track on a 175 shot did 10.85 with some motor work he has ALOT of diesel customers that do truck pulls and i know a guy from lakeland that has a cummins that does 10.98 and has Tims tranny if you go there talk to tim look on his walls you can see his work and dosnt mind showing you what hes doing and explaining why and so Transmission Physicans and Tim Moye would be my only two choices but since they are done Tim is my builder now
Old 04-09-2009, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mc02TA
Have heard many good things about Anti Venom on motor work but didn't know that they did the tranny also. Let me know how that rebuild goes.
Will do. I should be getting my car back on Saturday. I dropped her off yesterday after work. Third and fourth were pretty much gone. The highway acceleration riveled that which only a metro or moped can achieve. They're doing a rebuild for me since right now I can't spend more than $2000 on the transmission. Graig told me about the following parts, but to be honest, I don't know squat about transmissions. Corvette servo, The Beast sun shell, upgraded 3/4 clutch assembly and kevlar band, trans-go shift kit, computer programming, and I think a couple other parts are what they're upgrading. I was quoted $1925 for the rebuild, so I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Quick Reply: Good Trans shop around Tampa