Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Anyone in Miami able to help me... my GTO was damaged and im in a corner

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone in Miami able to help me... my GTO was damaged and im in a corner

Hey guys,

Im down in Miami in vacation and am in the middle of a big mess.

Here is a link to the other thread i made in suspension section

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-problems.html

Some advice from anyone local would be greatly appreciate. It really makes you feel helpless to be 1100 miles from home and at the mercy of the hotel/garage
Old 06-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man, Sucks to see what they did. I def think Valet did it. Even if another car hit it in the garage as it was just parked, no way it would have damaged it like that, it would have been more of a "crush" than a "swipe" on the fender. Prolly ran into the wall while taking the turn super fast or something stupid like that.

Like these guys are saying, I highly suggest you speak to a hotel manager (from working on a hotel myself, it is highly probable that the hotel manager will refer you to/ ask the VALET manger to come over since Valet service at MOST hotels in the beach is outsourced to other companies like DoublePark, ParkONE, Associated Parking, etc....) and you'd have to make your complaint to that person.

Off the bat when you speak to the hotel manager about it I do suggest you ask for them to call police because you want to make a report. When it comes to these "disputable cases" it's always best to have a police report as a solid evidence in case court has to be involved (not likely but possible).

I wish I could go over and help you but Im currently without a car changing out my hydrolocked engine lol. How much longer will you be here for?

Fynetune is a great place, but it's also a ways from Sunny Isles (just south of Tamiami Airport on SW 136th street). Much closer to your area you have Twilight Performance (it's east of Opa-Locka airport, North of NW 135th street and East of NW37th Ave), Branden is the owner and I have 2 #s for him, dont know which is the one that's good, 305-769-0140 and 786-344-8220.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Teching In

Oh wait a second! I just finally read your first post in detail. There is no body damage other than what is being caused by the tire itself since it's further forward. Well that slashed the wall idea lol. But it still remains possible that the valet attendant could have done it flying up a curb or something else. I still think it is the valet that caused it given that PERSONALLY in any car that I've seen I've never seen a radius arm just pop out like that.

You mentioned you changed the bushing ON THE OTHER SIDE correct? when you did so, did you have to the remove the other side (the side in question) for it? If so, it is possible that the through bolt might have backed out over the drive down here and it "just so happened" that the valet attendant did something stupid to "take it out of its misery" but it wasnt necessarily his fault. Did you put a new dab of threadlock on the bolts or did you just torque them down?

BTW, Taxi from south beach to sunny isles is ~$30-$40. It's a straight shot on Collins Ave but of course traffic plays a roll in it.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Let me know if I can assist in anyway. Man first I saw 95BLKMAX getting towed when his engine hydrolocked, now I see your goat at the repair shop.

P.S..... nice color for a goat
Attached Thumbnails Anyone in Miami able to help me... my GTO was damaged and im in a corner-image_044.jpg  
Old 06-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Danny you should be the official F-Body Supervisor of South Beach LOL. You seem to have the scoop/ eyes on anything going on in that area f-body related lol.

Z28mccory- any updates in this?
Old 06-17-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 95BLKMAX
Danny you should be the official F-Body Supervisor of South Beach LOL. You seem to have the scoop/ eyes on anything going on in that area f-body related lol.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey buddy how u make out with this
Old 06-17-2009, 07:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It that the strut rod that is messed up, I saw a run of bad bushings on the new G8's at the dealer ship, but normall starts of as a squeek when you stop. Then gets worse enough it will let go.

If security would not file a report I would call the cops and have them file a report, BUT since it is on the hotel property the local PD may not have that power since it is Private property.

Normally it is a two bolts and a alignment and you are good to go. In your case the front bumper too. If you were closer I would not hesitate to help you out.

I hope things get worked out for you.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Im back at the hotel for the night.

LoudmouthGTO over on LS1GTO.com met up with me today and got me the rear radius rod bushings that i needed.

The car was towed last night to a local shop called Shorty and Freds. These guys have been really good to me so far... they got it up on the lift this afternoon and said that once i got them the bushings (which i did a few hours ago) they should have it done early in the morning.

The shop told me that it looks like the factory rear radius rod bushing had the washers missing (i never touched this when i installed my front radius rod bushings last week). All i can assume is that the previous owner had it apart for whatever reason.

Im not really sure what to expect out of the valet guy at this point. I have drove the car over a thousand miles in the last couple days, and everything was fine. It may have ben an accident waiting to happen, but i still have two complaints:
1) Obviously he drove the car hard enough to "find" this problem
2) Even after he heard it rubbings/etc... he still drove the car up to me... IMO he should have stopped right there and came and gotten me. Most of the dammage to the fender/fender whel could have been avoided if the car wasn't driven while damaged.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Danny2tek
Let me know if I can assist in anyway. Man first I saw 95BLKMAX getting towed when his engine hydrolocked, now I see your goat at the repair shop.

P.S..... nice color for a goat
Thanks man.

I still think its crazy to see a photo of my car posted online sitting behind the shop. Seeing it like that is gona be something that i try to erase from my mind for a while

Im not gona be in Miami for very long tomorrow... but its always cool to meet someone off Tech... so lemme know if you wana meet up for a beer before i head out of town.

Quick Reply: Anyone in Miami able to help me... my GTO was damaged and im in a corner