Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

looking for trouble

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for trouble

Anyone race in the jax, jax beach, mayport area?
Old 07-07-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes. are you looking for racing in dark kinda racing? pm me.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Please show up so I can arrest you. Why not just put that? Street racing is illegal, dangerous, and very 1980's. We have strips now, and the risk is too high not to take advantage.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz28
Please show up so I can arrest you. Why not just put that? Street racing is illegal, dangerous, and very 1980's. We have strips now, and the risk is too high not to take advantage.
That may be easy for you to say, but they took our track in jacksonville away. Nearest one is atleast an hours drive. I'm not sayin that street racing is ok, but people can't complain about it happening if they ain't gonna have a place for people to do it legally.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz28
no fun allowed!
Old 07-08-2009, 08:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come to Orlando and run just about anyone you want.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude jacksonville has some fast a$$ people.. search on youtube,, so does orlando,tampa,,. they all three squared off some time ago..

for the street racing complainer.. we tryed gettinf a track here in ocala and the dumb a$$ horse people ,ranch owner;s denied it.. too loud,noisy,etc... gainsville is 1 hr away.. 45 min,, and there not always open..

not trying to steal ur thread.. but how often is money involved in street racing??.. and how much..
Old 07-08-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 68birdls1
That may be easy for you to say, but they took our track in jacksonville away. Nearest one is atleast an hours drive. I'm not sayin that street racing is ok, but people can't complain about it happening if they ain't gonna have a place for people to do it legally.
Yeah I hear you. Lets see, OSW, two hours. Gainseville, two hours. Bradenton, two hours. Great.

Then you get there and you are lucky to get more than 5 runs in. Maybe I should look for employment in NC, seems a few people I know there tell me they go home cause they are bored after their 15th pass.

FL NEEDS MORE TRACKS!!!! I have to drive a long time and then get less than a minute total of pleasure for $50, hell probably more on a long *** trip like that I eat on the way home too.

That's OK though, no one listens, just bitches about street racing. I'd still like to know the national fatality rate of street racing each year vs. DUI's.
Yet the penalty for racing is a lot harsher. Go figure.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

i drive an hour 20 minutes or so for an 1/8 track... whats bad about a 1-2 hour trip?
Old 07-08-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lemons12
i drive an hour 20 minutes or so for an 1/8 track... whats bad about a 1-2 hour trip?
The fact that you get maybe what... 3 or 4 runs in? I'd be pissed if I had to drive more than 15 minutes to OSW just to run 3 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Wsteun
The fact that you get maybe what... 3 or 4 runs in? I'd be pissed if I had to drive more than 15 minutes to OSW just to run 3 times.
yes.. i might get 5 runs in if im lucky...

BUT!

i dont have to worry about cars pulling out in front of me.. i LOVE being at the track.. i get to hang out with people.. its not illegal so i dont have to worry about getting my blood pumping.. its MUCH harder to make up excuses when someone loses.. you know what you run..

there are reasons i like running on the street too.. im not sitting here saying dont run on the street.. because i do.. but! i like the track much more and if i had my choice all the time all my races would be at the track..
Old 07-09-2009, 07:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crap @ PBIR i get 7 runs in in a hour then home before it gets dark.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Resident

We always race on country roads that no one lives on and there is no chance on hitting people. Its just the two cars racing. Everyone is far behind cars that are racing too. We make it as safe as possible but its still s/t racing.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
Crap @ PBIR i get 7 runs in in a hour then home before it gets dark.
Guess the grass is greener on the other side.

Whats bad about a 2 hour drive to a track? I actually have to plan to go! Its a whole day event now. Also I want to race a lot, that's costly. If it were local I could go once a week. Also its hard to judge the weather. Trust me it completely sucks. Instead I have to spend money on food/gas/track. Oh there is a 1/8th mile track less than a hour away, its always packed though and I don't even know if Sunshine is open anymore actually. I want the full 1/4 anyway.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by camar0corey
Guess the grass is greener on the other side.

Whats bad about a 2 hour drive to a track? I actually have to plan to go! Its a whole day event now. Also I want to race a lot, that's costly. If it were local I could go once a week. Also its hard to judge the weather. Trust me it completely sucks. Instead I have to spend money on food/gas/track. Oh there is a 1/8th mile track less than a hour away, its always packed though and I don't even know if Sunshine is open anymore actually. I want the full 1/4 anyway.
theres tons of people in the south who run 1/8.. nothing wrong with it...

you usually dont even run 1/4 on the street...

fastest i get up to from a dig on the street is 95.. and thats an 1/8..