Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

UF chances at winning it all??

Old 08-13-2009, 01:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default UF chances at winning it all??

As some of you know I'm not a UF fan. However looking at the players returned and the schedule I think they have a great shot at repeating. Tellme why they will or will not win it again?

I say Tebow, the nasty D and the schedule favor them. Might play Tx or OK.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They will lose one this year . GO CANE"S
Old 08-13-2009, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Horrible thought isn't it?
Old 08-13-2009, 03:17 PM
12 Second Club

not gonna happen without percy...

edit: heres something i wrote two weeks ago:
So with practices starting in about 3 weeks and games coming in about a month and a half, I figured it was time to start the madness...

My thoughts on a few teams:

Everyone's consensus #1, Univeristy of Florida
I think this season will be much like their 2007 season, given the loss of there biggest playmaker, Percy Harvin... Harvin continuously made plays when the UF team needed them and was vital to the teams success... Don't get me wrong, UF is still a very good team, and Saint Tebow is still there, but they will lose 2 or 3 games this year without Harvin... They should runaway with the SEC east, but I think they will lose to LSU (at LSU), and possibly trip up against USC... Whether or not they beat the *****, they will also lose to whoever they play in the SEC title game, whether it be Alabama(who needs to find a QB), Ole Miss(who has a very favorable schedule) or even LSU again... so i predict a 10-3 regular season for the Ga(y)tors...

Virginia Tech
The class of the ACC, again, will run away with the ACC in 2009... They will likely trip up against Bama in week one, unless Bama's QB issues are worse than we know... After that, they will likely win the remainder of their games, with the possible exception of playing Georgia Tech in Atlanta... However, b/c the Jackets have to play at Miami and FSU, and will likely lose both those games, VT will win the Coastal and play in and beat the representative from the Atlantic Division (likely FSU)... so i predict an 11-2 regular season for the Hokies...

USC
USC has a fairly easy schedule, and unless Notre Dame and Cal are vastly improved (both road games), USC will only have to worry about playing in the Autzen Zoo on Halloween and a vastly improved Arizona State the following week... Playing at Ohio State could cause a few headaches, but Pryor can't do it all by himself, as OSU lost the majority of their weapons and will still be acclimating to their new players in week 2, and the overall superior talent of SC will win out... predicted record is 11-1...

Texas
In my opinion, this was the best team last year... They beat OU by 10 on a neutral site, beat a very good Ohio State team in a bowl game many thought they would lose b/c they were "sad" about not being selected for the Big 12 title game and subsequently the National Championship, and their only loss came on the last play of a game at TT... This year will repeat a lot of last year, but I think Texas will go undefeated, which means they will beat both teams from Oklahoma... They should be able to handle OU at the Red River Shootout, as they can put pressure on Bradford, and when you do that against OU, Bradford and OU both fold (see 2008 Fiesta Bowl against WVU and last years BCS title game)... Okie State, I think, poses a bit more of a challenge with that wide open offense and weapons a every skill position on offense... However, there D wont be able to hold McCoy and company out of the endzone either, and while the game is in Stillwater, I think the horns will pull it out... predicted record for the real UT is 13-0 with a win over a decent KU squad in the Big 12 title game...

WVU
Now that PW5 is gone, everyone thinks WVU will fall into obscurity... This is not the case with 2009 Mountaineers... They return all but 2 players off of a defensive squad that was ranked 11th nationally in scoring D allowing 17 points per game... This coupled with the incoming phenom that is DE Tevita Finau (who was the top rated DE when he was a HS senior and the JUCO player of the year 2x)... WVU got him over schools like USC, UF, Cal, ND, Auburn, OU and Tennessee and he will make an immediate impact on D... Now for the offense, as Jarret Brown picks up where PW5 left off... Brown is more suited for the more pass friendly attack that was installed last year, with a better arm and accuracy... He is not as fast as White, but the 6'4'' 220 lb Brown is no slouch on the ground... He, coupled with walking youtube highlight reel Noel Devine, will continue the WVU dual threat attack that the school has become known for... With incoming 5 star recruits such as WR Logan Heastie, WR Stedman Bailey, RB Tavon Austin and QB Gino Smith (who will get playing time) making an impact offensively with stalwarts on the WVU offense, such as Jock Sanders, Alric Arnett, and a curious weapon, the 6'8'' WR that is Wes Lyons... They have a bit of a rough schedule, but they should not lose more than 2 games this season... Potential road blocks to the Big East title are at Cincy and at USF, but Cincy lost its entire D, and USF is hit or miss, given when you play them... Regardless, I think WVU will win the Big East and get the BCS bid... Predicted record is 10-2, with the possibility of them being a dark horse BCS title game contender at 11-1, if USC stumbles like they usually do...

Predictions for the BCS Bowls
BCS Title Game: Texas vs USC, just like the 2006 game in the same stadium
Rose Bowl: Oregon (PAC 10 rep) vs PSU (Big Ten Champs)
Fiesta: Oklahoma (Big 12 rep) vs Alabama (at large)
Sugar: Ole Miss (SEC Champs) vs Georgia Tech (at large)
Orange: VT (ACC Champs) vs WVU (Big East Champs), the old Battle for the Black Diamond Trophy

Discuss...
Old 08-13-2009, 03:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by AtlasTBSS

Atlas...i missed talking college football with ya...we had really long post going last year..

i think they will be a very hard team to beat. Great returning staff.

Tebow
Running backs: James, Demps and Rainey are returning
WR: Riley Cooper is back (Tebows Roomate and future MLB player)
TE: Hernandez (who i feel was better than Ingram) is back
P/PK: Henry is back
Pouncey brothers are back
Brandon Spikes and Major Wright return!

and dont forget they did beat the #1 ranked team without Percy!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Launching!

If you Think Florida is going to lose 3 games this year. You are out of ur mind and have no clue about football. That doesn't even make sense. They return 11 starters on defense. And 6 on the offensive. Harvin will be replaced and they will forget about him. The depth on the roster is amazing.
I can't believe in ur post u have USC in the championship game after they lost 8 starters on defense and have a freshman starting qb. What are you drinking? Put down it down and stop.

Im putting this out there. The gators will not lose to LSU this year they have something to prove in baton rouge after what happened last time. If they lose a game it will be against USCe. But that is pushing it.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:19 PM
12 Second Club

White: Got any tickets yet? Im trying to get some for the first three games...
Old 08-13-2009, 04:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by whiteLS1
If you Think Florida is going to lose 3 games this year. You are out of ur mind and have no clue about football. That doesn't even make sense. They return 11 starters on defense. And 6 on the offensive. Harvin will be replaced and they will forget about him. The depth on the roster is amazing.
I can't believe in ur post u have USC in the championship game after they lost 8 starters on defense and have a freshman starting qb. What are you drinking? Put down it down and stop.

Im putting this out there. The gators will not lose to LSU this year they have something to prove in baton rouge after what happened last time. If they lose a game it will be against USCe. But that is pushing it.
USC has an easy schedule, plus they have Mustain and Corp to go with Barkley... plus the SEC is way too tough this year, not to mention they have to play in death valley at night, when im pretty sure LSU hasnt lost a home night game since 2002... and like i said USC, UGA or FSU could jump up and bite them this year... its a prediction, so chill out fan boy...

edit: percy made countless plays to help the gators, and unless someone emerges, they will lose that ability... plus a new OC and QB coach will have an effect, not sure whether it will be good or bad, im just guessing tebow will struggle with some of the changes...
Old 08-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Banned

they said florida wouldent beat alabama without percy harvin. and they said wed lose the titl cause percy wasnt 100% we have a very strong team and they r all returning . i for one think were gonna win again and hopefully tebow will get the heisman again.

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:26 PM
10 Second Club

Lets keep it civil, it's a guys opinion!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Banned

i wasnt being uncivil lol just bringin up some facts]
Old 08-13-2009, 05:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 4u 2 nv
White: Got any tickets yet? Im trying to get some for the first three games...
No tickets yet. Last year the easiest way to get them was on the street before the games and they were cheaper than online. So I'm sure I'll just do that again.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00 SiLvEr SS
they said florida wouldent beat alabama without percy harvin. and they said wed lose the titl cause percy wasnt 100% we have a very strong team and they r all returning . i for one think were gonna win again and hopefully tebow will get the heisman again.

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!
harvin won the FSU game in 2006 that propelled the Gators to the title, and in 2008 he made a play on a 3rd and long in inside the Gators ten, to get the first down plus about 50 yards... at that time, i think the gators were trailing or were tied... besides, no one actually thought OU would win (i hoped they would) because their defense had way too many holes in it... if UF does get to the national title game, they will play USC (who has the defense to contain and stop all of UF's weapons) or Texas (who is and was better than OU last year, and got screwed by a stupid rule), and both would win against the gators...

and 97blkz, i appreciate the support... i have to chuckle when people tell me i dont know anything about football, hell football is all i do...

and to White LS1, i missed your post, but USC's offense is a plug anyone in at QB and watch him thrive, plus they have even more weapons that UF does on offense... they return 7 starters on defense (not sure where you got your numbers from) and all the starters this year got significant time last year... that coupled with an easy schedule means they will get into the title game (unless they pull a classic "USC lost to who??" game again)... also, like i said, LSU hasnt lost a night game in death valley since 2002, that place has its own magic at night... i think UF will lose to LSU, to one of these three: FSU, USC, UGA, and to whoever they play in the SEC title game...

Last edited by AtlasTBSS; 08-13-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

I've learned that anything can and will happen in football. Like I said I'm not a fan but think they have a legit shot. My team on the other hand needs to prove quite a few things. Spet 12'th and I'll know whats up.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

^who do you root for??
Old 08-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 97blkz
Lets keep it civil, it's a guys opinion!
Ur right it is his opinion. I just think that it is a little crazy.
Defense wins championships. So with saying that I think they will repeat and prove all of the people that doubt them wrong.

Also I think they will be a better team with out Harvin this year. Don't get me wrong he was an amazing player but people will step up just like ever other year when people leave.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:59 PM
12 Second Club

Ur right it is his opinion. I just think that it is a little crazy.
Defense wins championships. So with saying that I think they will repeat and prove all of the people that doubt them wrong.

Also I think they will be a better team with out Harvin this year. Don't get me wrong he was an amazing player but people will step up just like ever other year when people leave.
true but offense wins games... also take a look at this( and pay particular attention to where USC is): http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.js...otdef&site=org
Old 08-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Launching!

on rivals.com it states they have 8 new starters on defense that's where I got the info from......
We shall see nothing is set in stone it's college football and it's fun to watch and follow b/c of that.

harvin won the FSU game in 2006 that propelled the Gators to the title, and in 2008 he made a play on a 3rd and long in inside the Gators ten, to get the first down plus about 50 yards... at that time, i think the gators were trailing or were tied... besides, no one actually thought OU would win (i hoped they would) because their defense had way too many holes in it... if UF does get to the national title game, they will play USC (who has the defense to contain and stop all of UF's weapons) or Texas (who is and was better than OU last year, and got screwed by a stupid rule), and both would win against the gators...

and 97blkz, i appreciate the support... i have to chuckle when people tell me i dont know anything about football, hell football is all i do...

and to White LS1, i missed your post, but USC's offense is a plug anyone in at QB and watch him thrive, plus they have even more weapons that UF does on offense... they return 7 starters on defense (not sure where you got your numbers from) and all the starters this year got significant time last year... that coupled with an easy schedule means they will get into the title game (unless they pull a classic "USC lost to who??" game again)... also, like i said, LSU hasnt lost a night game in death valley since 2002, that place has its own magic at night... i think UF will lose to LSU, to one of these three: FSU, USC, UGA, and to whoever they play in the SEC title game...
Old 08-13-2009, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

on rivals.com it states they have 8 new starters on defense that's where I got the info from......
We shall see nothing is set in stone it's college football and it's fun to watch and follow b/c of that.
rivals is wrong, like it usually is:
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/pac10/0-1...ing-stars.html
Old 08-13-2009, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...And Demps and Rainey are replacements, with what we say last year they'll be fine. Only time will tell and it won't be until about game 3 or 4 when we will know.

As said an important fact is that the pouncy brothers are back and healthy after suffering injuries last year and it seems that they never played at 100%. I was a little worried at times last year due to injury problems on the O-line.

Fact is that they have a great chance at repeating, and a title game with them and USC WILL be interesting and I can't say with any confidence that UF would win. That said, I wouldn't be surprised with one loss this year and disappointed if they end up with 2 loses, but 3?? C'mon man, I know you hate the gators but you got to put that aside. You say you know football and it's all you do, but comments like that show your personal hatred towards a team is getting in the way of an unbiased look (if there is even such a thing) at college football. I know college football too, been there and done that.

With there performance last year in the SEC compared to the year before, I don't see LSU being a huge contender this year. But, I don't keep up with them too much. USC will be a powerhouse as usual as they are the ONLY football team worth mentioning on the west coast.

Will be another great year in college football and for the SEC, can't wait.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UF chances at winning it all??