Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Wrecked the DD

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wrecked the DD

somebody hit a shelf on the side of the road car in front of me slammed the brakes and i could not stop in time. i dont have full coverage on this car so if anybody knows where to get some honda body parts and maybe know some one to fix my core support.

some pictures below i guess the SS will be my DD for awhile.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Junkie

a guy down here in Fort Myers works for either Honda or Acura. I think he can get some pretty good deals on here. VTC is the first part of his screen name- can't remeber the rest.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got the citation for careless driving but there was no fee on the ticket anyone know what that means.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

Odd that there is no fee on the citation??? No arguments though if you don't have to pay!

Just remember you allowed to kill if anything happens to the SS!
Old 08-22-2009, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I asked the cop about the fees and he told me to look at the back and follwo one of the 4 optopns.2st was paying a fee which was blank, 2nd was for a court date, and 3rd was if you dont pay within 30 days i believe.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

That sucks. Getting a citation is just adding insult to injury.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Dang man... i just got rid of all my honda parts.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:14 PM
On The Tree

I would argue it.

sorry to hijack,
talk about adding insult to injury, my sister flipped her car on I4 a few years back and the state trooper hit her with every ticket possible. I think it was almost $500 in fines. She took it to court and won though.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Regular

sucks dude.

You need to schedule a court date if there is no amount to pay yet. I would at least call the police station or court house and ask.

GL
Old 08-23-2009, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

I got rearended last week and the chick didn't even get a citation and I basically had to beg the cop to give me a freaking report. They suck.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you're alright! Call Keystone for inexpensive body panels. They have a warehouse in Orlando and the parts are less than half OEM prices.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Chris may need some more paint work I did get the LS6 intake on the SS today.

After getting the hood open the radiator support is beat up pretty bad and the radiator also cracked at the top, airbags did not go off. I did find a front clip off a 2000 for $400 includes fenders, bumper, hood, lights, and grill.

Does anybody know what the insurance will do if i dont have comp and collision can they still total it or do they just charge me more and tell me to deal with fixing it.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Teching In

It should be 4 points and $146.00. They should have explained your options on the scene. 1. Pay the fine, accept the points. 2. take the officer to court, if you lose, you are subject to class, court fees, and fines up to $1000.00.
3. Take it to school if you have not done so 5 times in the past 10 years including once in the past 12 months. Option #4 is if you had a license/registration/insurance issue, #5 is for unsafe equpiment. They were lazy. If you have any questions, PM me, I'll be glad to help.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its 4 points thought it was 2 i asked about the fees if it would be mailed or what. the officer's response was to follow one of the first 3 options on the back and circled them but he left the fee blank.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSJIMMY
Thanks Chris may need some more paint work I did get the LS6 intake on the SS today.

After getting the hood open the radiator support is beat up pretty bad and the radiator also cracked at the top, airbags did not go off. I did find a front clip off a 2000 for $400 includes fenders, bumper, hood, lights, and grill.

Does anybody know what the insurance will do if i dont have comp and collision can they still total it or do they just charge me more and tell me to deal with fixing it.
no comp and collision means you have basic liability. This is so inexpensive and reccomended on older paid off vehicles because it only covers you if you are at fault BUT on the other party's car you damaged. You are on your own getting your car repaired. Being the damage is not that bad I would shop around and hit the wrecking yards up for a right front fender rad/core support all cooling,bumper reinforcement and front bumper cover. I'm betting you can get that all for under 500 bux, find a body shop (again shop around) and let them give you a quote (estimate) for labor only aside from paint. I'm thinking under 1300 and you're back, Glad you were ok and g/l on the repair. Do yourself a favor and hire a lawyer, you should be getting bombarded with letters in the mail from them in about a week lol. Call and pick one to handle your case, Don't go down easy,make them give you a careless driving and 4 points.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSJIMMY
its 4 points thought it was 2 i asked about the fees if it would be mailed or what. the officer's response was to follow one of the first 3 options on the back and circled them but he left the fee blank.
What agency was this? They did the bare minimum. Like was said, get a lawyer. Lazy cops are easy to beat because they are sloppy. Accident tickets in FL are always 4 points except failure to reduce speed to avoid a collision, thats 6. Moving violations are $146 in Orange County. There should be a number to whoever your clerk of courts is, call it and they will tell you points/price.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well that sucks Jimmy, my buddy here in P Cola just rear ended a truck in his Civic. He got a full front of another civic cut from behind the the top of the windshield for 800 bucks from a local body shop. You might want to try that route.

Glad you are ok tho.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks guys this was with Sanford PD its been one of those weekends since i just broke the oil pressure sending unit on the SS when putting my intake back on.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Count of Monte Crlo
I got rearended last week and the chick didn't even get a citation and I basically had to beg the cop to give me a freaking report. They suck.
That sounds like the same crap they pulled on me when that asshat smashed into the side of my car. I still can't believe they didn't even send out a real cop. Just a damn community service officer in a freakin' minivan.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Take it to court, if there is no 3rd party WITNESS it will be dismissed. Its easier to have an accident ticket thrown out then it is for moving violaton ticket....speeding,lane change, reason is because the cop SAW it happen.

Quick Reply: Wrecked the DD