Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Need a exhaust shop in south florida

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 10:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need a exhaust shop in south florida

So I just finished installing my Intake, LT's, heads and cam. I need to get a custom Y fabbed up. I looked up mad hatter but it seems they moved up north to tampa. To give you guys an idea I have a flowmaster merge and im just looking for someone to route some pipes from the Lt's to the merge and then through a cut-out into my magnaflow CB. I checked out a local exhaust shop and they said they wouldn't do it without cats.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by firstinlastout86
So I just finished installing my Intake, LT's, heads and cam. I need to get a custom Y fabbed up. I looked up mad hatter but it seems they moved up north to tampa. To give you guys an idea I have a flowmaster merge and im just looking for someone to route some pipes from the Lt's to the merge and then through a cut-out into my magnaflow CB. I checked out a local exhaust shop and they said they wouldn't do it without cats.
The local shops here say they can't REMOVE the cats, but if there already gone by the owner they can fab up the exhaust.

Something about them not physically removing them, but if there already gone then they can touch it. Had the local napa do a header back on my LS1 after I did LT's and wanted an ORY.

Call and specify, you might get a hook.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:50 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the input but ya the guy was some old fart who just wanted to sell me cats but good news is I just found the right mad hatter that is still in pompano so I will give them a call.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the input but ya the guy was some old fart who just wanted to sell me cats but good news is I just found the right mad hatter that is still in pompano so I will give them a call.
I had them fix my y-pipe up so it wouldn't bang anymore and they did good work. Beware though, the guy who will do your work will most likely be the same guy who did mine, he isn't very personably.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Regular

Mad hatter is were i had my true duals done chirs they do great work.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

Wink

You're in good hands there. Had my GS & both Birds done there. Several friends too!

Chuck (tho quiet) & wife Maddie own it, and they're very personable.

A customer needs/wants the right work done, and shouldn't be hanging out in the shop while the work is happening, to judge personality on the exhaust technician.

But they don't stop you from excusing yourself, and checking out the work a coup'la times.
Only ask for Steve (owns a Clean '70 Black Nova) to do the work, and make your appt. accordingly.
MadHatter did to my Formula, what you're looking for on adding the big custom Y & Midpipe to my Corsa Muffler/Tailpipes. Except I also had them install FlowTech "Race Readies" just past my collectors for Dual Open Headers (almost).
Uncapped, they're good for 1.5 tenths on my setup vs. corked up thru the Big Y, Midpipe & Muffler/Pipes.

Now go be haPpY!

Last edited by RapidRick; 10-02-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

If you were closer to Miami, I know a guy who does all the fab stuff. He did my Y to a 4" elec cut out to over axle pipe and welded a borla type exit with ele cutout on the pass side then into my 2otl slp exh.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Launching!

if youd rather not go so far, try Lou at advanced muffler on Okeechobee and Palm beach lakes. Its a little pricey but its worth it!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:23 AM
TECH Addict

Mad Hatter- see Steve- TOP NOTCH- did my true duals on my SS into my CME...awesome detail!

Quick Reply: Need a exhaust shop in south florida