Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

New PB @ PBIR 12/19/2009

Old 12-20-2009, 11:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New PB @ PBIR 12/19/2009

10.73 @ 126.58 1.51 60ft

Tried to make a few other runs in search of some 60's but had some issues with bottle pressure and then traction.

A big thanks to Dan at Masport for sneaking me in Friday for some slight adjustments.

Finally got a video up of the pass, I gotta work on that 60ft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kZJvB3i3bc

Last edited by Sofls1; 12-21-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How was it out there ? What is done to your car and how much are you spraying ?Just trying to get some idea's on what to do to my 02 SS next.It went 12.09@112 w/ LT & off -road y-pipe,Yank SS3600 and Nitto 555R's so trying to decide to spray the car next.
Old 12-20-2009, 02:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
How was it out there ? What is done to your car and how much are you spraying ?Just trying to get some idea's on what to do to my 02 SS next.It went 12.09@112 w/ LT & off -road y-pipe,Yank SS3600 and Nitto 555R's so trying to decide to spray the car next.
The air was great, there was a decent turnout for the challenge race, which kinda sucked for the TNT peeps. Track was working good at first, but as it got cold, it seemed to go away. They seemed to close a little early too, I wasn't too happy about that. (Not talking **** about the track, just temp got really chilly, it happens)

mods include:
2800 Vig stall
mac mid lengths
243's off a gto (un-ported, made more sense to put these on, rather than spend money to rebuild some 806's)
HSW plate (175), microedge
FTRA - but at this point, I'm not really sure this was worth anything
Full Weight except the skinnys

It made some good power last night, I just didn't get enough runs to get it sorted out.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Yes there was a good turnout for the Final Challenge event of the year.

60fts' do go away over there at PBIR/Moroso when chilly,"etc" and the "wiggle" on the top end after 8pm almost sent a few fast cars and a dragster into the wall.
A bunch of us in the Challenge were partying when it was all over, and a Sherriff's car pulled up and with no holiday spirit asked us all to leave, as they wanted to close the track and douse the lights.

It wasn't even 10pm!
Old 12-20-2009, 08:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RapidRick
Yes there was a good turnout for the Final Challenge event of the year.

60fts' do go away over there at PBIR/Moroso when chilly,"etc" and the "wiggle" on the top end after 8pm almost sent a few fast cars and a dragster into the wall.
A bunch of us in the Challenge were partying when it was all over, and a Sherriff's car pulled up and with no holiday spirit asked us all to leave, as they wanted to close the track and douse the lights.

It wasn't even 10pm!
Yeah, it went away quick, but you almost have to expect that given the temp change. It was definitely good while the sun was up.

I'm not sure why they shut it down so early, that was definitely disappointing. In the end it was probably for the best considering what happened with that dragster.

Ill be back in Jan to try and hit my goal

Last edited by Sofls1; 12-21-2009 at 08:08 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:49 PM
12 Second Club

CONGRATS on the PB! Wish cat and I could have made it out, was it a good F-body turnout? Maybe we'll see you at the track in January. My car is down till then, i'm saving up for some rubber and injectors then it's back to dan for a re-tune for the bigger injectors and to take me off open loop.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

Let's post the next time so everyone can go together in January.I have a bunch of guy's waiting to go so we all can go together.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:36 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by firstinlastout86
CONGRATS on the PB! Wish cat and I could have made it out, was it a good F-body turnout? Maybe we'll see you at the track in January. My car is down till then, i'm saving up for some rubber and injectors then it's back to dan for a re-tune for the bigger injectors and to take me off open loop.
Thanks Chris, I saw a few other F-bodies but there were far more chargers, mustangs and vettes. For some reason I never see too many f-bodys down here. I was under the impression they just were not that popular in South Florida. There was some pretty cool rides there though. It will be interesting to see how much your car picks up with those injectors and tires, I bet its gonna be a big difference. Then it will be 9" time. I'll definitely see you guys out there in Jan.

Originally Posted by blk/slvr02ss
Let's post the next time so everyone can go together in January.I have a bunch of guy's waiting to go so we all can go together.
I agree, lets try to set something up. I have found that the best days to go are the Saturday nights when they have the "slick/dr tire only" TNT. However, I'm not sure how often they schedule it. It seems pretty regular as there have been two in the past month and a half. They don't usually post it on their schedule, but I find out from another website, as they usually post that up in the forums. If that doesn't work for everyone, I'm still down for a Wed or Fri too.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

10.73 @ 126.58 1.51 60ft....

haha...suh'weeeeet! Nice job!!
Old 12-21-2009, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

Default Rant.....(not really)...lol

Originally Posted by Sofls1
Thanks Chris, I saw a few other F-bodies but there were far more chargers, mustangs and vettes. For some reason I never see too many f-bodys down here. I was under the impression they just were not that popular in South Florida. There was some pretty cool rides there though. It will be interesting to see how much your car picks up with those injectors and tires, I bet its gonna be a big difference. Then it will be 9" time. I'll definitely see you guys out there in Jan.
I've spoke about this subject, and late last year, and earlier this year even went as far as calling people out in a friendly way, to come out to PBIR and try and take me out.

It's just my opinion, but there seems to be more interest in F-Body Car Shows and Meet & Greets, then Line Up and Enjoy one of the things these cars were built to do. You're right. Few F-bodies in the Challenge. But a few more on Test N Tune nights.
I prefer competition myself, if not in a class, than in a bracket.
You might try calling the track a week before you're interested in going as to check on the "Slicks only night".
It is more consistant on those nights as you don't have street tires taking off the surface that the slicks put down.

Nice Vid on your car!
Btw, Spoke to DynoDan at Masport this morning thanking him for his tune again from last year, as I was #2 in the points going into this last race with my Street Driven car, against some that are trailered in.

Don't know about the Challenge Series as yet for 2010 since PBIR has become an IHRA track, and management has changed yet again.

The new mgr. from Memphis Raceway hasn't even introduced himself to us. You'd figure at $35 per pop for racing the Series, and the amount of Grassroots racers in the Corvette/GM/Mustang/Mopar&Truck Challenge Series that the guy would've come say hello. Or atleast how he appreciates the support, etc. that you'd expect any mgr. in that position to bestow to racers patronizing a facility.
But no.
In traditional,(as of late Moroso & now PBIR style),.....Nada.

Atleast I along with my wife were invited to the banquet for Bracket/Track & Challenge points leaders on Jan.3rd.
Oh, but wait. No email on that either.

Had to got to www.racepbir.com and view the January Drag Race Events Calender to find out about it after a rumor passed our way at the end of last Saturday night's race.
Well, with the "Nitro Jam" taking place at PBIR in January, it may give all of us an idea on how IHRA may change things over there. But where will all the tow rigs that you see at NHRA or IHRA national events park? Who knows?
Maybe spectators will park up and down the Beeline Hwy.....lol

I like the racing, the smell of Nitro Methane, and so I gotta' check it out.

http://www.racepbir.com/drag/drag-ne...nitro-jam.html

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Ladies & Gents....

Last edited by RapidRick; 12-21-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks Dan & Rick!

Rick,

I can identify with you on those subjects. I considered running in the challenge series Saturday night, but I have just been on this quest to get this car running where I want it. When I asked if I could run test and tune and the series I was told:

"If you run the challenge series, you can't make test and tune passes until after your eliminated from competition."

Once I heard that it made the decision a lot easier, but I understand why its done like that. I would enter in the future, once I learned some more about the ins and outs of the series. At this point all I know now is what is listed on the flyer you posted. We will have to see what happens in 2010.

I can understand your concerns about management. In what seems like another life as it was so long ago, I can remember the exact same sentiments coming from racers at an un-named track in the Chicago area. So, this isn't too surprising to me. However, I can say is that in my short experience with PBIR, has been good. The track staff has been friendly and helpful, other than rushing us out early most nights.

Hopefully we can get the f-body crowd together for one test n tune night.

Last edited by Sofls1; 12-21-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Good lookin' out Sofls1....

Stop by for a beer after 6:00 pm next Sunday at: Wahoo's if you can.

They're north of Copans on US1 on the West side at #3128 N.Federal in Lighthouse Pt.

They do a car gathering with music outside there every Sunday from 6-9 pm.
www.wahoossportsbar.com
I'll either be in the Buick GS455 (seen in my avatar doing a burnout in front of SheehanPont./Darryl Gwynn Show a coupla' years ago), or the Formula.
Beer's are a buck including Yeungling, and they serve you outside so you can be in eyesight of your ride.

And don't forget to tell your friends of that awesome show that Sheehan Pont/GMC puts on every year along with and for, the Darryl Gwynn Foundation. It's on Sat. Jan.9th from from 6:00-10pm.

http://www.cruisinsouthflorida.com/2...hanPontiac.htm
Old 12-21-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey I should be out there late Janurary or early Feb. I think the main reason why people dont race alot is cause it gets expensive.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Launching!

Whenever you get together for moroso let me know I have a few f bodies that are getting together in jupiter.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Teching In

Joe I won't be ready til after Jan. 15th
Old 12-23-2009, 07:52 PM
7 Second Club

Congrats on the new #s!

Derek

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New PB @ PBIR 12/19/2009