Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Strange experience with Isley's in Tampa area

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Strange experience with Isley's in Tampa area

I was referred to Isley's machine by a custom shop in Tampa. So, I gave them a call to get a price to go through my 5.3.

I told them I have a 34,000 mile 5.3 that has been sitting in a shop open. I want them to disassemble it, hot tank it, check it out and re-assemble it with anything it might need.
The lady on their phone said: "We will only do the job if we bore it and cut the crank."
I said: "Honestly, I doubt it will need any of that. Again it only has 34,000 miles." She said: "We only do things the right way."
I said: "Why would you bore a good cylinder or cut a good crank unnecessarily?"
She said: "That is the way we do things here".

That was enough for me. I thanked her for her time and hung up.

What kind of thought process is this? I wonder if she feels the same way when she is a consumer? Does she have her dentist put fillings in all of her teeth when she just needs a cleaning?
Old 06-30-2010, 01:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like she doesnt know what they do, you're best bet would be to talk to one the techs doin the work
Old 07-04-2010, 12:46 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They know what they are doing, they have done the machine work for a couple of builds I have done. I would stop by and talk to them. There is also a place in Riverview called A&S Motorsports which is currently doing the machine work for a build I am doing. They build the motor for the guys over at BMR Fabrication.

Quick Reply: Strange experience with Isley's in Tampa area