Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

speed shop in Orlando gone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default speed shop in Orlando gone?

Anyone know what happened to USA auto speed shop on Kaley & Orange ave. Went by the other day & its bare to the walls.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

a1? They were still there when I went by last week
Old 08-23-2010, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

hard times
Old 08-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Banned

If this is true, it is usually due to the latest internet and mail order companies cutting things to the bone and no overhead. These local speed shops are a definite necessity and unless supported by the locals will close.
A lot of people shop by price and from what I have seen it is well worth the extra 10-15% and sometimes more on the cost to have a local shop available.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Staging Lane

Well robbie the owner was not a stand up guy as he would tell you that you can have these rockers for $150 but you will have to come back next week you go back next week and he says oh i sold them to someone else .And a sfi flywheel i ordered a few years ago he told me it was in 3 diffent times so it took 3 trips from east orlando to to orange ave and kaley and never compensated the price for his own stupidity .And robbie has more storys than a 103 your old war vet .JM2C
Old 08-24-2010, 08:16 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BoostKid
If this is true, it is usually due to the latest internet and mail order companies cutting things to the bone and no overhead. These local speed shops are a definite necessity and unless supported by the locals will close.
A lot of people shop by price and from what I have seen it is well worth the extra 10-15% and sometimes more on the cost to have a local shop available.
Well put. Everyone wants to save a buck, but when it's a Saturday and you need a part and/or advice, the mail order companies can't ship you something then. Be thankful for those that have local speed shops.....

Derek
Old 08-24-2010, 09:09 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by boostkid
if this is true, it is usually due to the latest internet and mail order companies cutting things to the bone and no overhead. These local speed shops are a definite necessity and unless supported by the locals will close.
A lot of people shop by price and from what i have seen it is well worth the extra 10-15% and sometimes more on the cost to have a local shop available.
amen!

Originally Posted by villain281h
well put. Everyone wants to save a buck, but when it's a saturday and you need a part and/or advice, the mail order companies can't ship you something then. Be thankful for those that have local speed shops.....

Derek
...and amen

Quick Reply: speed shop in Orlando gone?