Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Fbody Car show/meet waterford lake (shopping center) orlando.???

Old 04-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fbody Car show/meet waterford lake (shopping center) orlando.???

I remember a few years ago there was always a huge Fbody meet every weekend or was it the last Saturday of every months at Waterford lake in Orlando, FL last exit on hwy 408.

Whatever happen to the meet? and why did it ever stop?
I remember there where at least 20 Fbody's showing there cars off plus tons of other muscle cars of all kinds, huge car show!... I even remember going to Orlando speed world every once in a while Fbodys took over the race track by parking back to back taking up one whole lane of just strictly Fbodys !! challenging ALL!..

I wonder if all the Fbody in central Florida and surrounding areas can unite for one or two nights and just take over central Florida drag strips for kicks? we have Saturdays@ Central Florida race complex 1/8 track lots of imports
and Fridays Orlando speed world nice all around selections of domestics and some imports show up..

What do you guys think? and has anyone ever seen or heard about this Fbody club that used to meet at waterford?

Last edited by 5.7mmImportkilla; 04-21-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Last year I remember they had something and it was just a big ricer meet. Although I'd be totally down to go and bring my car if they had a real show like your talking about.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:06 PM
11 Second Club

I think it would be awesome if we could get something setup like that again. It seems like all the local meets now are full of ricers these days.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

I think we should all meet at that 1/8 track reason cause they open the doors at 6pm and shut down at 12AM on a Saturday ... After the track opens @6PM it a deadzone, you can run back to back, there's nothing going on, it starts picking up around 9PM... Is a cool place, you got food, a liquor bar, if there's a pay per view UFC fight that night they will turn on there huge big screen... (i go there alot) It's a really open area to setup and show.. last week VW beetles took over and had control over one lane... It would be nice to be apart of something like this and take over a whole lane and stomp on imports all night..lol (i'm really not a bully. but it seems like a fun to experience ) so what do you guys think?... I'm pretty sure ones a month they host an Import vs domestic night.. .you guys are up for it?? (someday)???
Old 04-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 5.7mmImportkilla
I remember a few years ago there was always a huge Fbody meet every weekend or was it the last Saturday of every months at Waterford lake in Orlando, FL last exit on hwy 408.

Whatever happen to the meet? and why did it ever stop? Has anyone ever seen or heard about this Fbody club that used to meet at waterford?
That was the Central Florida F-bodies monthly meet. It all started when Waterford Lakes first opened up. A few of us would go hang out at the Barnie's and were approached by the management to have a monthly car show. They paid for the DJ and would rope off the parking area, etc. Long story short, it was good while it lasted. They eventually wanted us to have insurance and being that we were a no dues club, we ended the show. Unfortunately the club no longer exists...
Old 04-21-2011, 11:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 5.7mmImportkilla
I think we should all meet at that 1/8 track reason cause they open the doors at 6pm and shut down at 12AM on a Saturday ... After the track opens @6PM it a deadzone, you can run back to back, there's nothing going on, it starts picking up around 9PM... Is a cool place, you got food, a liquor bar, if there's a pay per view UFC fight that night they will turn on there huge big screen... (i go there alot) It's a really open area to setup and show.. last week VW beetles took over and had control over one lane... It would be nice to be apart of something like this and take over a whole lane and stomp on imports all night..lol (i'm really not a bully. but it seems like a fun to experience ) so what do you guys think?... I'm pretty sure ones a month they host an Import vs domestic night.. .you guys are up for it?? (someday)???
I'd be down for something like that, although I'm going back home to south fl for the summer since I'm up here for college. In the fall though I'll be around hopefully I'll have some tires too so I can atleast run a decent time lol.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wan2run
That was the Central Florida F-bodies monthly meet. It all started when Waterford Lakes first opened up. A few of us would go hang out at the Barnie's and were approached by the management to have a monthly car show. They paid for the DJ and would rope off the parking area, etc. Long story short, it was good while it lasted. They eventually wanted us to have insurance and being that we were a no dues club, we ended the show. Unfortunately the club no longer exists...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fbody Car show/meet waterford lake (shopping center) orlando.???