Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

LS2 GTO Detail with new autozone PC

Old 05-21-2011, 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default LS2 GTO Detail with new autozone PC

So I've been detailing for quite sometime now and have always used my Makita buffer to do cars. I've heard alot about the porter cable orbital polishers. So I saw a pretty nice one at autozone and pulled the trigger on it. Along with that I bought some lake country pads.
I first tried it out on my SS and I couldn't believe how well it worked. And for those that have seen my car know that its nearly mint anyway and this made it look that much better.
so today I had my friends GTO over and went to town. As you will see in the pics it had swirls and haze marks.

Here are some before pics.

The driver side door. Notice the swirls and hazyness

Washing and hosing off.

The goat didnt need too much clay bar work but the front bumper and stripes def needed it bad. Kinda hard to tell but here are the pics of the stripes

On to the PC. I used a lake country orange light cutting pad. Here you can see the before on the right side of the door and the after on the left. This was with a vibrant cut 1500 compound.

Next was a lake country blue foam polishing pad with a polish called deep ebony.

Then I waxed it with a red lake country pad and Mcguires gold class. cleaned the wheels and windows. Here is the finished results.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicey Nice!
Old 05-21-2011, 01:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks man.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS2 GTO Detail with new autozone PC