Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

American Auto Tries to get me Arrested!!!!

Old 05-29-2011, 11:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Auto Tries to get me Arrested!!!!

Copied this right from Google Rating

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Company Tried to get me Arrested!!! Took my truck in to get a set of slightly used tires(5-6k worn if that) mounted and balanced and a alignment.Had to bring Truck back for a second alignment because it was all over the road and pulled mainly to the right at highway speeds.Alignment was so off it cut a angle in my tires(to where you take tires off and set on ground and tires falls right over) and still pulled to the right and steering wheel was in a cocked position when driving because they didn't take the time to lock it in a straight position when doing alignment for the 2nd time.Took truck back in for 3rd attempt to have them do a simple alignment.After bringing up the tires multiple times They didn't want to cover it because they weren't their tires .After they called me and said alignment was spot on this time no problems I finally got them to admit to ruining my tires and they were going to take care of it.After this point I gave them plenty of chances and time to do a simple alignment and fix the tires they ruined and was pretty nice and patient until this day.Told him to fix what they ruined and im taking my truck and never coming back.etc.He said we will get it fixed and call you when its all done.Called me when it was done and I came down there and asked for a printout of the alignment specs.He said they can't give me any.Go figure.I asked for a printout every time and never could get a simple printout.I said Im taking my truck around the block and if it pulls any direction its going right back on the alignment machine until its done.Took it for a test drive with another Tech in passenger seat and all seemed to be ok.Came back into the business parking lot.Tech said just give it a week and bring it back if still a problem.We got good tires on for you so its safe now and apologized for any problems.One thing I will add no one else had said until this point.Gave me my keys and I left.Minutes after getting home a Edgewater Police Officer shows up at my house and says American Auto is saying I stole their Tires!!!! A New Smyrna Beach Officer was at the business and I had to wait until he comes to my house.I was talking to the cop and it was completely blowing my mind what was going on.NSB Police Officer shows up and reads me my right right away.Then asks if I could answer some questions.I answer them and tell him exactly what happened from the beggining.He says well they are saying you stole these tires.My response is if I stole them I must've put the tires on myself.somehow got my key back with no problems from the them and not pay the bill I never said to do or signed for.Both Officers realized how ridiculous it was but we all know they have to do there job.Officer told me my options are pay for the tires or go to jail.If they write a statement saying a stole them then he has to take me to jail.I asked how much I so called owe these people.He told me it was going to be $436 for the tires.I told the officer I never signed anything or was told by anyone there was a charge for something they said they were going to fix.I said I know my rights and Im not paying for anything without proof I Signed for anything that was I going to be a charge.I told him I will hire a lawyer and A big lawsuit with everyone involved will be soon to come while he put handcuffs on me and put me back on the car.The 2 officers talked for a while and then the NSB cop was on the phone for a few mins.He comes back and opens the door and tells me he talked to his Sargent and how ridiculous she and both officers said this whole situation was.Just to pay it and I will be let free.I told him my wife and 2 children are inside and there is no way im going to jail.Officer calls the business and I give them my debit card over the phone.I told them to mail me a Receipt and proof of paperwork I signed for any work to be charged on my vehicle (which they will not be able to produce) and gave the phone back to the officer and was free to go.Be Aware of these Crooks!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of right now I called my bank I have my debit card.The dispute dept. is closed and off until Tues. but I spoke with a guy in lost/stolen dept and told him the whole story which im sure was recorded.It blew his mind as well and was said that is insane and he has no doubt they will be able to help me with recovering my funds.I just have to call Dispute dept. on tues.Don't think I will do any legal actions as it will not be worth my Time/Money but prob. will report to Better Business Bureau as told by one officer and Sargent. Just letting everyone know what could happen if you bring anything to a shady place as I have found out.I will never take or be at AMERICAN AUTO in New Smyrna Beach,Fl.I would suggest that everyone and anyone you know stay clear of the place.

American Auto Tires & Service
1523 South Dixie Freeway
New Smyrna Beach,Fl. 32168
(386)428-1941

http://www.americanautonsb.com/
Old 05-29-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Regular

Here's one of said Tires

Old 05-29-2011, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would take the car somewhere else(Robert maybe) and have the alignment checked and print out so you can get a refund on that too.
How long did you drive it to have that tire wear like that?
Old 05-29-2011, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by toplessHO
I would take the car somewhere else(Robert maybe) and have the alignment checked and print out so you can get a refund on that too.
How long did you drive it to have that tire wear like that?

1-2 weeks
Old 05-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Launching!

I dont think it would be a waste of your time to sue them.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Sue the **** out of them and take everything they got. Sorry to hear that miller..
Old 05-29-2011, 12:50 PM
Launching!

you should have let the cops take you to jail got a lawyer and sued the police dept for a wrongfull arrest and the tire place for wrongfully acussing you stealing. this has to be one of the craziest stories i have heard. And the cops you dealt with are f***ing idiots. i guess they were unable to investigate the situation.... wtf
Old 05-29-2011, 01:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by whiteLS1
you should have let the cops take you to jail got a lawyer and sued the police dept for a wrongfull arrest and the tire place for wrongfully acussing you stealing. this has to be one of the craziest stories i have heard. And the cops you dealt with are f***ing idiots. i guess they were unable to investigate the situation.... wtf

Thats why I let them cuff me and take me to the car.I told em its gonna be a lawsuit right when he was cuffing me. Then I thought of my wife and 2 kids while sitting in the back and said Im not going for any reason if I dont have to.That's the only reason I paid it even though I shouldn't.Also they were mentioning a felony arrest for being over $300.Its not worth the trouble.As far as right now my bank will take that money back from them so fast their head will spin and all they did was drag there own name through mud.Im probally going to print out flyer and pass out to everyone at next local car show in town
Old 05-29-2011, 01:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

you have a picture before they installed the tires, i dont think i have ever seen an alignment do that much damage on a tire in 1-2 weeks.. . .

Are you also possbile that there is nothing wrong on the truck that can cause the alingment to go out. I have done hundreds of them and check the cars before they go on the rack so i know when the customer comes back i can say well you declined the tie rods or whatever it may be. Suprised they even did anything for you since they were used tires

As for the calling the cops thing that is seriously wrong and should not have been handled that way.
TECH Regular

As far as sueing them......I have little faith in the Justice System now of days from personal experience.Its not even worth my time/effort.My bank will get my money bank and that will be the last laugh
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MillerTime85
Thats why I let them cuff me and take me to the car.I told em its gonna be a lawsuit right when he was cuffing me. Then I thought of my wife and 2 kids while sitting in the back and said Im not going for any reason if I dont have to.That's the only reason I paid it even though I shouldn't.Also they were mentioning a felony arrest for being over $300.Its not worth the trouble.As far as right now my bank will take that money back from them so fast their head will spin and all they did was drag there own name through mud.Im probally going to print out flyer and pass out to everyone at next local car show in town

Yea I'm gonna post it on every forums and tell every one about it!
Old 05-29-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

I had no reason to take pics of tires before they were installed.I dunno anyone that would do that.I do still have the 2 good tires that were not completely destroyed I will post pics up of though.The only time I could bring the Truck in after work was done is once every 2 weeks.I work Mon.-Friday 8-5 and every other Saturday 8-? Im not sure of exact date when I first took it to them but i know it has been less than a month.I also explained this to them after leaving the 2nd time that if its not fixed it would be 1-2 weeks before I can bring it back in because of my work.

Last edited by MillerTime85; 05-29-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Trevor.j
Yea I'm gonna post it on every forums and tell every one about it!

Thanks Trevor
Old 05-29-2011, 01:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by MyFirstLS1
you have a picture before they installed the tires, i dont think i have ever seen an alignment do that much damage on a tire in 1-2 weeks.. . .

Are you also possbile that there is nothing wrong on the truck that can cause the alingment to go out. I have done hundreds of them and check the cars before they go on the rack so i know when the customer comes back i can say well you declined the tie rods or whatever it may be. Suprised they even did anything for you since they were used tires

As for the calling the cops thing that is seriously wrong and should not have been handled that way.
I AGREE that there could have been damage but it is there responsibility to bring those issues to light and not continue to "try" and fix it.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Very true im not saying you did anything wrong. There is just a ton of stuff that could have been done to avoid this but hope all goes well in your case. Good luck
Old 05-29-2011, 01:20 PM
TECH Regular

The only thing I can think of is what happened is...........they needed to replace 2 tires.No questions.They could put 2 tires on but would be completely diff. from the other's.so they planned on putting 4 slightly used tires on which I even told the police officer but cop said they put brand new tires on.I asked for proof of me telling/signing a single thing to have that done.Employee mustve messed up and put 4 new tires on and they found out after the fact.Not my problem.But then they called the cops on me to get the money for them.Maybe worker said your not taking it out of my pay and quit,etc.Who knows,Either way its not my problem
Old 05-29-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MyFirstLS1
Very true im not saying you did anything wrong. There is just a ton of stuff that could have been done to avoid this but hope all goes well in your case. Good luck

Oh I agree.I never should of came back a 3rd time.Not even a 2nd time.Its a simple front end Alignment of a Truck that's on a digital Alignment Machine.Not Rocket Science.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:30 PM
TECH Regular

This is what the tires should look like

Old 05-29-2011, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

$436.00 for 4 tires? What size are they, 195-60-13? I need to go by and get some new tires before you put them out of business
Old 05-29-2011, 01:39 PM
12 Second Club

There was no option of driving the truck back and having them remove the new tires?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: American Auto Tries to get me Arrested!!!!