Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

News stations are DYING for a TS/hurricane

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default News stations are DYING for a TS/hurricane

Holy ****! Theres a TROPICAL STORM over on the other side of Puerto Rico that COULD turn into a hurricane and make its way here and every sixty seconds theres a news brief on it.

Every year since 2004 the experts have said "this could be a busy storm season" and every year theyve had to eat crow.

These people are chomping at the bit to stand out in the wind in a yellow parka and show us what a storm looks like, show us broken tree limbs and signs blown off buildings ... clowns
Old 08-03-2011, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lmao!!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its so annoying. its all over the news and nothing ever happens... ive lived in jacksonville my whole life and have only seen some wind and rain. hell i drove in what was our "worst hurricane ever" and it was just like driving in the storms we always have
Old 08-03-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Man, tell ME about it....!! I live in PR and every time a damn tropical depression or storms forms there is a ******* circus about it. It seems that one way to improve the economy is to inject fear into the people so they go stampeding to the local supermarket....its disgusting.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Its the same **** every year. A storm forms somewhere and they try to get everyone worried about it hitting us. I think the news stations are in cahoots with the home improvment and hardware stores to scare people into running out and buying storm supplies.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Iis Jim Cantore in Cent FL yet? LMAO!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz28
Iis Jim Cantore in Cent FL yet? LMAO!
LOL yeah he is on the beach with his windbreaker all zipped up and hood drawn tight , Its not raining yet but any minute all hell will break lose! lol
Old 08-03-2011, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Whistler and I grew up on the coast, before there was news and radar like we have now a TS or a depression was like everyday life, 55MPH winds, I've seen that here on the eastside from T- storms, news people are B.S. Storm big deal, I'm not running to the store and buying crap!!!

Now if we could get the South Florida people to STOP turning on the "FLASHERS" when it rains, that would be a big plus, that trend in flashers has made its way to Central Fl. Its Florida it rains, it rains hards! Deal with it!!! Get off your cheap asses buy good tires and some Rain-X!!!!!!Sheesh,

oh ya, your F250 weights close to 8000lbs, I doubt your going to hydo-plane, turn off the flashers, and drive the damn truck!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

unfourtunately, people like me have to watch this because our lives are hinging around it. my industry depends on it. I work for a ServPro franchise, so our business is water damage and disaster cleanup. beleive it or not we are already gearing up and making sure people and equipment are available incase this hits our area. 2004 was the best money I ever made, becasue I was working manufacturing aluminum screen room products. well guess what, everyone's screen rooms and carports blew away so I had to make them new ones. as bad as it sounds to say, I have always made a living off people's bad luck and disasters
Old 08-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Yeah they have put us on "alert" at work so now we haft to prep every pump on the yard and beef up the supply of hoses in case of flooding.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

It leads to the boy who cried wolf effect. Look at New Orleans.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

100% with ya on the flashers, if the rain is causing you so much trouble, pull the eff off the road so the rest of us can get where the hell we are trying to get to
Old 08-03-2011, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by badhombre
unfourtunately, people like me have to watch this because our lives are hinging around it. my industry depends on it. I work for a ServPro franchise, so our business is water damage and disaster cleanup. beleive it or not we are already gearing up and making sure people and equipment are available incase this hits our area. 2004 was the best money I ever made, becasue I was working manufacturing aluminum screen room products. well guess what, everyone's screen rooms and carports blew away so I had to make them new ones. as bad as it sounds to say, I have always made a living off people's bad luck and disasters
Yeah my work depends on it to .. I sell BEER love the hurricane parties to bad there hasnt been any in awhile .
Old 08-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Yeah theres no doubt it's worth tuning into check out once one actually does hit. As long as theres no casualties, the influx of insurance $$ is good for the local tradesmen. It's just hilarious watching these idiots tap dancing all over their desks when it gets windy in the Virgin Islands
Old 08-04-2011, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Steve68
Now if we could get the South Florida people to STOP turning on the "FLASHERS" when it rains, that would be a big plus, that trend in flashers has made its way to Central Fl. Its Florida it rains, it rains hards! Deal with it!!! Get off your cheap asses buy good tires and some Rain-X!!!!!!Sheesh,

oh ya, your F250 weights close to 8000lbs, I doubt your going to hydo-plane, turn off the flashers, and drive the damn truck!!!
Exactly! I am so sick of people driving with their flashers on. I want to smash into the back of them. Morons.

Quick Reply: News stations are DYING for a TS/hurricane