Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Stupidest Funniest Accident/Near Miss in Florida

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 02:30 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Stupidest Funniest Accident/Near Miss in Florida

Not to offend anyone, but it seems like in Florida we have more than our fair share of people who can't drive. Maybe it's all the old people down here, or perhaps the sun just bakes peoples brains. Anyways, post up your stories about the stupidest accident or near miss you've had. Also, the road rage after that It can be someone else's fault or even your own. If you have pics of an accident, feel free to post 'em up too.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was about 7-8 years ago in Destin FL, on Rt 98 near Big Kahoonas and the Track if you're familiar with that area. I was going west, towards Ft Walton beach, and keep in mind its a four lane divided highway with an island, very busy, 40-50mph traffic.

This jagoff in an Infiniti J30 decides to pull out and try to make a left in front of me. He has to cross my two lanes and then wait for an opening going the other way.

If you don't know what an Infiniti J30 is, its a RWD, v6 predecesor to the G35.

Anyways this ******* cuts it so close he has to floor it. I miss him by a country mile, but the car in the right lane about 100 feet ahead misses him by inches.

As he turns into the lanes going the opposite way(keep in mind most people stop in the middle of the cutout to wait for traffic to clear the other way) he spins the car sideways and just barely keeps it under control. I kid you not he is sliding sideways over both lanes in the opposite direction, tires smoking, steering at opposite lock. He just barely makes it in time going the other way, another car had to swerve on the shoulder to avoid him.

I swore he was going to lose it and end up doing a 180 in the opposite lane, a sitting duck that somebody was going to run over.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

Coming out of our neighborhood, you have to make a left turn on to a fairly busy four lane road without a stop light. Also, there are a couple of turn lanes and a median around that point, so it's a pretty wide piece of road you have to cover quickly if there's anyone around.

Well my sister decided she wanted to drive the 1997 Trans Am to go meet some people. She had only driven her very slow 4 cylinder her whole time out on the road to that point, but she had taken the Trans Am out a few times with us in it, so she was handed the keys. She then proceeded to go to the neighborhood exit described above. She hugely overestimated how much gas she needed to give it to get it going, lost the rear wheels, then oversteered and started spinning. She spun across the median and into the other side of the road, and thankfully didn't get run over by traffic.

Amazingly, the only damage to the car was a scuffed up tire and wheel. But she never drove the car again after that
Old 08-06-2011, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Traffic jam and he halls it off a ramp...poor guy
Old 08-07-2011, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

^^^Holy ****!^^^

Are you sure that wasn't a suicide attempt?

Quick Reply: Stupidest Funniest Accident/Near Miss in Florida