Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

destin

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 06:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default destin

So I'm currently in the car for this 14 hour drive from saint Louis heading to destin. I'm driving through Memphis now and was thinking what better way to find things to do by asking the guys who live here.

So what's some things that are fun to do while I'm here this week. Thanks guys.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

Don't know if any guys from
There are on here lol
Old 08-07-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tourist hell. We locals avoid the beach during the dumbass invasion. Eat at Johnny O'Quiglies, and get the hell out.
Old 08-07-2011, 04:36 PM
TECH Resident

Awe I'm sorry us tourists ruin it. I don't want to do that. Ill check that place out though.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One more thing, if you're driving anything you covet, use public transportation. Toyota driving idiots are the norm during season.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you in your LS1 powered car? Im thinking about taking my 98 to Panama City next summer.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:45 PM
Teching In

lol Screw O'Quigley's, McGuire's is where it's at. Some of best brewed in house beer, Irish wakes and great food.

Beach is fun, lots of shopping (but LOTS of tourists.)
If you like to bike then you can go out down 30-A in the Seaside/Rosemary Beach area for like day trips or bike rides, it's nice out there and there are more funky local spots out there. Red Bar in Seaside is a fun place to drink.

If you like amusement kind of stuff there is Big Kahuna's Water Park and The Track (go-karts and arcade and mini-golf) but The Track has been kind of dead the past few years.

Personally I'd recommend looking around for places to rent kayaks or canoes and taking it out on the Bay rather than the Gulf. (Watch for the flag colors on the beach- the tide can get rough on the gulf and it's easy to drift out far.)

If you want to do a day trip for a dolphin cruise or deep-sea fishing, you have to go down to the dock by AJ's in the more downtown destin area, I think.

And also at night it's fun sometimes to drink around the Village of Baytowne Wharf. You can just park for awhile and walk around with friends drinking at all the different places in there.

Not sure what kind of stuff you were looking for, but hope that helps.

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
One more thing, if you're driving anything you covet, use public transportation. Toyota driving idiots are the norm during season.
Oh, and everyone drives under the speed limit, too.

Quick Reply: destin