Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

F**KING Code Enforcement!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Angry F**KING Code Enforcement!!

So today I wake up to a big *** ******* code violation sticker on my T/A! Granted it has a flat from sitting so long and since I can't drive it, the tag is expired, but jesus ******* christ, do they not realized the state of the economy!? People are having a hard enough time as it is to make ends meet and to deal with all the every day B.S.! Well i guess these **** sucker motto is - "let's add more strife to their life!" People can barley afford food, gas, and their mortgage/rent. but yet these ***** could give two *****! Just another way for the government to *** rape its citizens!
Old 08-18-2011, 12:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX
So today I wake up to a big *** ******* code violation sticker on my T/A! Granted it has a flat from sitting so long and since I can't drive it, the tag is expired, but jesus ******* christ, do they not realized the state of the economy!? People are having a hard enough time as it is to make ends meet and to deal with all the every day B.S.! Well i guess these **** sucker motto is - "let's add more strife to their life!" People can barley afford food, gas, and their mortgage/rent. but yet these ***** could give two *****! Just another way for the government to *** rape its citizens!
you didnt have a spare? im all for being mad at the city and the gov. but if your tags were expired, park in backwards? or you could just took the plate off if you didnt drive it lol or a 20$ car cover?
Old 08-18-2011, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I am sure that you knew your tags were expired. Why was this a supprise that you were cited? Its not the goverments fault, its called Manning Up for your responsibilities.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cali_bear2003
Well, I am sure that you knew your tags were expired. Why was this a supprise that you were cited? Its not the goverments fault, its called Manning Up for your responsibilities.
In for the storm
Old 08-18-2011, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Car cover could have prevented this. Property values go down when "abandoned" or "non running" cars start littering driveways. I'm sure your neighbors appreciated it
Old 08-18-2011, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cali_bear2003
If the sticker is expired, who gives a **** as long as it's not on a public road?
Old 08-18-2011, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
If the sticker is expired, who gives a **** as long as it's not on a public road?
Read my comment above. It has to do with keeping property values and a "cleaner looking" area. Usually codes like this one are city codes. County codes usually don't include abandoned/disabled vehicle sections as strict as cities have. Usually they all include an exception for cars under covers or in a covered building (garage, carport, etc).
Old 08-18-2011, 02:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by black00ssFL
Read my comment above. It has to do with keeping property values and a "cleaner looking" area. Usually codes like this one are city codes. County codes usually don't include abandoned/disabled vehicle sections as strict as cities have. Usually they all include an exception for cars under covers or in a covered building (garage, carport, etc).
i endorse this factual statement.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well #1, I live in a **** hole neighborhood lol, #2 I have another car as my DD due to the gas prices, plus the LS1 is blown so I let it laps.

I think it was a vindictive act by someone that came by the other day wanting to buy it.

What happen to the days when we could work on our cars on our own property!?

There is NO NEED for this type of acting in today economy when people are struggling to keep their lights on and and sanity in check.... NONE!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

>cant afford to fix car
>cant afford to drive car
>wont sell it

. . . priorities? Dont blame the police, they are just people doing their job, you are the reason you are in this situation. Get mad at yourself for not taking care of business and avoiding this situation.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

and this is why I live in the country. no code, no HOA, no bs. I have run grinders and air ratchets until 5am in the morning and noone complained because, well there isn't really anyone out here to complain. and the few that are, usually have more to worry about in their own yard than what's in mine
Old 08-18-2011, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camaroextra
>cant afford to fix car
>cant afford to drive car
>wont sell it

. . . priorities? Dont blame the police, they are just people doing their job, you are the reason you are in this situation. Get mad at yourself for not taking care of business and avoiding this situation.
You don't know me so don't come on here with your self righteous B.S.! You don't know anything about my business, or my priorities and you sure as **** don't know if I am avoiding anything! And it's not the police Einstein, it's Code Enforcement!

I'll bet that I have more money in my bare bock and crank than you do it you engine so don't talk to me about affording ****! I lost a **** ton of money in the market, I have over $40K in student loans and thousands more to go, along with other major priorities, but last I checked, I don't owe you an itemized explanation of my life so **** off!

The point is **** HAPPENS and people are struggling now where they once did not and the last thing they need is to deal with trivial bullshit that could cost them hundreds if not thousand!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by badhombre
and this is why I live in the country. no code, no HOA, no bs. I have run grinders and air ratchets until 5am in the morning and noone complained because, well there isn't really anyone out here to complain. and the few that are, usually have more to worry about in their own yard than what's in mine
I'm sure it's coming; only a matter of time I sure lol...
Old 08-18-2011, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like you got a little lazy, and you are starting to contradict yourself by saying you have this and that but can't put stickers on a car. When you post a problem like this, expect people to point out your solution and give you a hard time, not everyone is filled with teddy bears and rainbows.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

hell, my car was cited due it having a flat tire.... and tag wasn't expired!

It wasn't my dd, so I hadn't noticed the tire had gone flat, between working 3 jobs and trying to have a life.....

so

#1) blame your neighbors... they called and reported it. they (code enforcement) dont' just drive around looking for expired tags.

#2) Air up the the tire and plug it.... or put the spare on.

#3) Turn the car around or renew the tag. Problem solved.

I have had more serious run ins with code enforcement, but it was all my fault and I got myself in compliance as soon as I could. But it was my neighbors that called them about me. Now I live in BFE and have a spare garage to work on stuff in..... *yay*
Old 08-18-2011, 06:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RONIN LSX
You don't know me so don't come on here with your self righteous B.S.! You don't know anything about my business, or my priorities and you sure as **** don't know if I am avoiding anything! And it's not the police Einstein, it's Code Enforcement!

I'll bet that I have more money in my bare bock and crank than you do it you engine so don't talk to me about affording ****! I lost a **** ton of money in the market, I have over $40K in student loans and thousands more to go, along with other major priorities, but last I checked, I don't owe you an itemized explanation of my life so **** off!

The point is **** HAPPENS and people are struggling now where they once did not and the last thing they need is to deal with trivial bullshit that could cost them hundreds if not thousand!
Hey now, I wasn't trying to argue. I was just passing on an observation. I know I don't know you, which is why there is no reason to upset yourself.

With that said, Its hard to take responsibility for your life, most people struggle with it.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

in on 1?
Old 08-18-2011, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camaroextra
Hey now, I wasn't trying to argue. I was just passing on an observation. I know I don't know you, which is why there is no reason to upset yourself.

With that said, Its hard to take responsibility for your life, most people struggle with it.
Dude my bad... this whole thing just pisses me off.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think it was a guy that came by asking to buy it a few days a go. Just a little strange that I've had zero issues and then this after his inquire into purchasing it.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette

Exactly! The thing is, if your tag is expired then that means the government is not getting there justly due taxes

Quick Reply: F**KING Code Enforcement!!