Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Trans rebuild and new clutch this weekend

Old 11-07-2011, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans rebuild and new clutch this weekend

At last! got around to fixing the bent 3-4 fork in my t56 this weekend, went ahead and build it up to a stage II level, carbon fiber blockers, bronze fork pads, billet keys, steel 3-4 that sort of stuff. had to put in a new 37t 3rd and 3-4 synchronizer assembly. While I had it apart put in a new 18lb billet steel flywheel and Spec stage II+, hopefilly won't have to be farting around with this again (or till I break something else LOL)

Old 11-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Teching In

how do u like the spec stage 2+?

my cars going into the shop next week and they are doing a stage 2 rebuild on the trans, im pretty sure im going with the spec stage 2+
Old 11-14-2011, 07:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bbutski17
how do u like the spec stage 2+?

my cars going into the shop next week and they are doing a stage 2 rebuild on the trans, im pretty sure im going with the spec stage 2+

Was a bit concerned at first before installing it, some puck disc are a bit harsh on in gagement and I wanted it to be street friendly. but I also wanted the cer-kev disc because I do track days and they handle the heat a bunch better. I don't have it broken in yet but the feel is great, smooth, no chatter a lot better than I had hoped for. so far I an pleased with it. After measureing I didn't use the .125 shim they sent, the clutch disengage was close to the floor but is coming out as it breaks in. I am going to pull the trans back out this weekend and do a inspection on everything and add an .070 shim should be about right.
Trans shifts like a dream, you will like the stage two upgrade, who is doing your trans?

Good luck
Old 11-16-2011, 11:28 PM
Teching In

j&j performance in cape coral

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trans rebuild and new clutch this weekend