Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Tuning a remote mount supercharged setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning a remote mount supercharged setup

Well guys I posted up in the forced induction section, I however didnt get too much feedback. Thats fine I figure if I build it they will come.

a cliff notes version is:
Gt500 supercharger IE Eaton M122
Costs 200-500 used 800 new
Making custom piping and mount
Move TB to infront of s/c
possibly intercooling
Custom hood scoop to cover cut holes to fit s/c

I can do all the fab, and at the end I should be under 1k-1.5K cost(not including time) Goal is 4-6psi for now.

Its more of a can I do it easily, and working out the kinks. I already have a supercharger pulley on my car so that helps.

Here is the thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ger-setup.html

I talked to EFI alchemy as Ill be honest I cant tune it. They seemed very iffy on if they would tune it. Mostly due to its "custom" nature. The guy seemed kinda perturb'd by the whole idea. Well I cant afford 10K to pay for a supercharger, all its parts, and tune.

I can afford 1-1.5K for the s/c and 1K for the tune, and 1K for misc thus the project. Of course easy upgrade to a twin screw whipple like the tvs2300 when they cost less in the coming years.

Soooo to the point, anybody got any suggestions

also anybody able to tune or help if efi alchemy says no? I cant build this and then not have it tuned lol

I also for peace of mind plan to pick up a iron lq9 at some point so if this goes belly up and kills the motor I just am forced to do the 408/418 swap I know ill end up doing sooner.

Last edited by silent_soul; 09-08-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Problem with tuners is they are always iffy and then say they are great at the same time lol. Norris or lashway can tune it in. But probably expensive. If you got the money switch to the Holley self tuning stand alone. Btw I owned a 2012 gt500 with a tvs 2300 @ 21 psi. Made 695 rwhp. Blower is miles ahead od the stock unit.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GTFORMULA
Problem with tuners is they are always iffy and then say they are great at the same time lol. Norris or lashway can tune it in. But probably expensive. If you got the money switch to the Holley self tuning stand alone. Btw I owned a 2012 gt500 with a tvs 2300 @ 21 psi. Made 695 rwhp. Blower is miles ahead od the stock unit.
Well I bought a used Hptuners unit and looked it over and decided too much for me right now and sold it for what I paid. Ill look into the holley unit. The whole goal is to get this under the cost of the most inexpensive s/c and it included everything and be complete.

I can find tvs2300 units as low as 1.5K but that is the budget right now for s/c intercooler, supporting fuel mods, and piping and materials. I think in the coming years the tvs unit will become much cheaper and then ill upgrade. Heck its probably gonna take me over a year to complete this.

Quick Reply: Tuning a remote mount supercharged setup