Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

my new toy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default my new toy!

as much as I love my lsx's, I couldn't resist getting an e55. They're quick, insanely easy to work on, bulletproof drivetrain, and have a ride/drive quality second to none. Also my 4 year old and dog fit comfortably, as well as my wife being able to drive it easily. I was considering a 2nd gen ctsv, but after driving one, it just doesn't have the "feel" of the Benz. Anyways... It's a 2005, one owner, no accidents, etc. 44,000 miles and is immaculate. It has the exact options I was looking for as well:active headlights and upgraded sound. No keyless go or panoramic roof, as the panoramic roofs are extremely problematic, and much heavier. The keyless go on the older cars isn't great.

So far the only thing i've done is tint the windows and lower the car(since it's free to lower them lol) but it's getting headers, pulley, tune, drag radials once the camaro sells. I took it to the track the other day to get a baseline, only to find out my intercooler pump is dead(very common on these cars. $100 part, but you lose a lot of power once the vehicle is warm.)

Here is the first(and only) pass: (not a bad 60' for street tires at 40psi!)

the car should trap about 5-6mph higher and be in the 11's once the new pump is installed. Here are a couple other pics:

the day I bought it:

the interior is black/dark blue with burl walnut. I would have preferred the dark black wood, but whatever. I'll try to get some more pics of the car. Let me know what you guys think! I'd post on the mbworld forum, but it's a bunch of retards so I'm just gonna stick with ls1tech even though I soon won't have any lsx power lol
Old 01-29-2014, 11:29 AM
TECH Resident

Damn 11s bone stock on street tires?? I always knew they were pretty quick cars but didn't know they were near that quick... Definitely going to think twice the next time I see one and feel confident in my bolt on LS1 lol.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

Impressive
Old 01-29-2014, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by badformulaLS1
Damn 11s bone stock on street tires?? I always knew they were pretty quick cars but didn't know they were near that quick... Definitely going to think twice the next time I see one and feel confident in my bolt on LS1 lol.
yea they're quite stout. but they're becoming more and more rare. you'll see 10 e63's for ever e55. and most of the people that own them drive them like little girls. So the odds of coming across one AND racing one are low lol

Originally Posted by Count of Monte Crlo
Impressive
if I could sum the car up in one word, that would be the word! My wife (drives a brand new c-class) says she can't believe how smooth the car feels. And she immediately hates me as soon as I lay into the gas pedal lol
Old 01-30-2014, 08:12 PM
11 Second Club

you need to talk to whistler about his AMG's
Old 01-31-2014, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blacktransam
you need to talk to whistler about his AMG's
apparently he comes up to my work occasionally to buy parts but I've never crossed paths with him. I heard he's building an e55 that's going to be really nasty
Old 01-31-2014, 03:37 PM
Launching!

Interested to see what it does with some bolt ons. Pretty stout for sure
Old 02-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the E! I've got a STAR computer w dev mode you can borrow if you need to do any computer work, and have tons of extra engine parts if you ever hurt anything.
I switched tracks and put the nasty built engine in a CLS instead of the E, which I'm sure you know is the same platform like a Camaro/Trans Am so all the stuff fit. These things are a lot of fun and most people don't know how fast they are.

Where do you work BTW?

Last edited by Whistler; 02-04-2014 at 01:08 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks! And i appreciate the offer, and hope I won't have to take you up on it lol(engine parts, that is) I'm a tech at MB of North Orlando in Sanford. I really wanted an e55 wagon, couldn't find one, then wanted a CLS55, couldn't find one that I wanted, then I got an e55 lol. What are the specs on your CLS? I'd definitely love to see it!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Nice man! I am thinking about purchasing one myself. I found an 04 one owner car that is nicely loaded. I think I may get rid of my 12 srt8 challenger.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:57 AM
12 Second Club

I seriously am thinking about one of these or a 09+ CTS V when I get back from my deployment, always loved these cars. Nice ride.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks guys. I've driven a couple gen2 cts-v's, and they just don't have the feel of this car. They blend in and stand out at the same time. They're extremely safe, very reliable(expect to replace air suspension components a lot, but the drivetrain is solid), and ridiculously comfortable. My advice(I work on them for a living) if you're in the market for one, avoid distronic and panoramic roof. The pano roof is notorious for issues, and the ENTIRE roof has to be replaced. $8,000 and up, depending on year. The older distronic can be problematic as well. If you find one with dynamic seats, don't expect them to work lol. The bladders leak and stop working. Also if you get one with a rear sun shade, use it at least a couple times a week. If they stay dormant, they will fail either up, or down. And they are over $2,000 to replace. These cars definitely have their quirks, but they are one of the most satisfying cars to drive. Rallyboy, if you're serious about purchasing one, PM me the VIN and I can run the VMI(will tell me everything MB has ever done to the car) that can be helpful when purchasing a car. That's all I've got for tonight lol
Old 02-13-2014, 01:31 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

MBW used to be a place of comradery but as you can see lately its went the way of the bickering high schoolish import forums.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:06 AM
TECH Addict

I'd have an AMG C63 Black Series in flat black if I had an extra $100k+ sitting around. The V will have to do in the meantime.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Whistler
MBW used to be a place of comradery but as you can see lately its went the way of the bickering high schoolish import forums.
yea it's one of the worst I've seen. I made a post about putting the 3000 stall in my car as my first mod confident it would break 11.50's, and they acted like I said the car would turn into a unicorn and **** skittles. All everyone does there is follow one persons mods, thinking that's the only options for the car. It's pathetic.

Originally Posted by CGMLS3
I'd have an AMG C63 Black Series in flat black if I had an extra $100k+ sitting around. The V will have to do in the meantime.
The c63's are so nimble, and sound so nasty. I'd love one. Your V is definitely nice, though! I remember seeing it at Dustin's wedding. and trying to figure out how to steal it
Old 02-14-2014, 02:56 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Ah those things are fun but too small. I see you in a V12TT with speeddrivens 1KHP turbo/intercooler upgrades

Originally Posted by CGMLS3
Originally Posted by ec_nova
yea it's one of the worst I've seen. I made a post about putting the 3000 stall in my car as my first mod confident it would break 11.50's, and they acted like I said the car would turn into a unicorn and **** skittles. All everyone does there is follow one persons mods, thinking that's the only options for the car. It's pathetic.

The c63's are so nimble, and sound so nasty. I'd love one. Your V is definitely nice, though! I remember seeing it at Dustin's wedding. and trying to figure out how to steal it

I've got a bunch of speed stuff I'm not gonna use for my E also that you can get and save $$ on.. Got one of those 3k converters, some 1 7/8 ARH headers, an EC heat exchanger, 82mm TB, SLR injectors... I planned to wait till I sell the car to sell that stuff but HMU if you're interested
Old 02-15-2014, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Whistler
Ah those things are fun but too small. I see you in a V12TT with speeddrivens 1KHP turbo/intercooler upgrades

I've got a bunch of speed stuff I'm not gonna use for my E also that you can get and save $$ on.. Got one of those 3k converters, some 1 7/8 ARH headers, an EC heat exchanger, 82mm TB, SLR injectors... I planned to wait till I sell the car to sell that stuff but HMU if you're interested
I have a sale pending on my camaro... as soon as it sells I will definitely be contacting you!

Quick Reply: my new toy!