Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Suspension help Tampa area New Port Richey to be exact

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Suspension help Tampa area New Port Richey to be exact

NEW INFO:
ALTHOUGH ITS THE PASS SIDE TIRE HAVING THE WEAR ISSUE, MY DRIVER SIDE INNER TIE ROD HAS SOME PLAY, COULD THIS EFFECT THE OPPOSITE TIRE????

Okay, So shop tells me my alignment is dead on, although, the inner shoulder of the tire is wearing more on the passenger front. Stupid goodyear told me to buy new tires and have the alignment check after that b/c my tires are getting worn... fuckwads...

Driver side tire, even wear. Car also seems to pull to the left even going up the crown of the road instead of pulling to the right to the shoulder...

Please help. I know I am slightly dog tracking due to rear suspension set up, but not out of the norm bad = still in the green zone.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by FU_I_AM_UltraZ; 10-12-2014 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 10-07-2014, 10:26 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

We have a shop locally here that does many of our project cars, and are very familiar with f-body suspensions. Tell them we sent you and they will give you a bit of a deal. You would be amazed how many shops don't know how to properly align these cars

Weaver’s Tire & Automotive
310 W Brandon Blvd
Brandon, FL 33511
(813) 685-2906
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 10-09-2014, 06:12 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

or a little south of you is All American Street Car performance in Largo
6187 126th Ave N, Largo, FL 33773
(727) 535-6905
they also do a lot of LSX work
Old 10-09-2014, 08:34 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by FU_I_AM_UltraZ
Okay, So shop tells me my alignment is dead on, although, the inner shoulder of the tire is wearing more on the passenger front. Stupid goodyear told me to buy new tires and have the alignment check after that b/c my tires are getting worn... fuckwads...

Driver side tire, even wear. Car also seems to pull to the left even going up the crown of the road instead of pulling to the right to the shoulder...

Please help. I know I am slightly dog tracking due to rear suspension set up, but not out of the norm bad = still in the green zone.

Thanks in advance!
With it wearing the inside edge of the tire it sounds like either the camber or toe is off with the alignment. I would get it over to a good alignment shop and have the alignment checked out. Like Eric said previously we use Weaver's Tire in Brandon for all our alignments here and I have personally used Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City for alignments so I wouldn't hesitate to go to either.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Ferman Chevrolet in Tarpon Springs has an alignment tech named "Howie". How is a sharp at suspension and he does all my alignment work. You can stop in the and talk to the service writer Tom Meinhold and tell him you want Howie to look at your alignment.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bowtiedford
or a little south of you is All American Street Car performance in Largo
6187 126th Ave N, Largo, FL 33773
(727) 535-6905
they also do a lot of LSX work

Shaun is a good buddy of mine. He's got my sbc stroker motor. But looking closer to New Port Richey.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedtigger
Ferman Chevrolet in Tarpon Springs has an alignment tech named "Howie". How is a sharp at suspension and he does all my alignment work. You can stop in the and talk to the service writer Tom Meinhold and tell him you want Howie to look at your alignment.
Sounds good. Only place anyone referred to that's near me.

Thank you BMR guys as well, put I don't want to drive that distance.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Added info to first post
thx guys
Old 10-20-2014, 10:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If its in the budget I'd snag some Moog parts off of Rockauto and rebuild the front end. I made that decision a few years back to redo the front of the car, I think it was around $330 for inner and outer tie rod components, upper and lower ball joints. My car had a ton of miles though, not sure what your situation is like.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ended up going to the guys who i always have mount and balance my wheels... Tim's Tire. They busted out a tape measure and went to work. After driving up/down off the alignment rack and test driving it 3 times, got it where it needs to be. **** goodyear! they need to refund me! plus charging me $90 for a 4 wheel alignment on a sold axle car! ********!!!
Old 10-27-2014, 09:20 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Ended up going to the guys who i always have mount and balance my wheels... Tim's Tire. They busted out a tape measure and went to work. After driving up/down off the alignment rack and test driving it 3 times, got it where it needs to be. **** goodyear! they need to refund me! plus charging me $90 for a 4 wheel alignment on a sold axle car! ********!!!
Good deal, at least you got it figured out. I am always very hesitant to send people to the cookie cutter tire places like Goodyear and Tire Kingdom for an alignment. In the end your alignment s only as good as the technician doing it.

Old 10-29-2014, 03:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Right on Kyle, I agree! This place Tim's Tire on Ridge Rd in Port Richey, FL, is the cheapest to swap tires on wheels that I know of... $15 per wheel mt n bal... I've used them for years!!!! The owner Tim has a LT1 WS6 too! I think he's gotten rid of it since I was away in the Marines and now has a nice lil late C3 Vette in purty yellow which is one of my dream cars! But, great crew! One of the tech has been there for about 10 years and has always pleased me... and being a Libra and Marine, I'm a perfectionist to the extreme and never any complaints from them and great prices!!!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:33 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Right on Kyle, I agree! This place Tim's Tire on Ridge Rd in Port Richey, FL, is the cheapest to swap tires on wheels that I know of... $15 per wheel mt n bal... I've used them for years!!!! The owner Tim has a LT1 WS6 too! I think he's gotten rid of it since I was away in the Marines and now has a nice lil late C3 Vette in purty yellow which is one of my dream cars! But, great crew! One of the tech has been there for about 10 years and has always pleased me... and being a Libra and Marine, I'm a perfectionist to the extreme and never any complaints from them and great prices!!!
If you can add the information for Tim's Tire to this thread it would be awesome.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...nment-bmr.html

It is a thread on shops that provide a quality alignment and it sounds like Tim's Tire definitely fits the bill.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=BMR Sales2;18500230]If you can add the information for Tim's Tire to this thread it would be awesome.

Tim's Tire google page
https://plus.google.com/114703448006...ut?gl=us&hl=en

Quick Reply: Suspension help Tampa area New Port Richey to be exact