Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Go-Kart course for Vet buddys

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Talking Go-Kart course for Vet buddys

I am a disabled vet and a couple of my friends I turn wrenches with are always in need of a way to blow off steam. Most of us have been diagnosed with PTSD...others are in denial.
While tinkering with my daughters dune-buggy, I had an idea. Why not map out a path on my property where me and a few close friends could run a few laps, drink beer and bring the alert level down.
I am still in the planning stages, but my goal is to grab 2 or 3 low slung go-karts with the slicks for rear wheels, and HF 6hp Predator engines.
Place braking cones and flags as needed until we all get familiar...and not too drunk.
It will be 3 laps to determine the winner. I am sure the Army guys will win, the Airforce guys will gripe and the Marine buddys will be in denial. I have a Navy buddy too, but he's too fat to fit any of the karts...lol.
Rules are as follows:
Making contact with a fence or vehicle will result in immediate expulsion from the property.
Hitting a tree will get you a beer, band-aid and a bill to replace the kart...threats may follow.

Feel free to make suggestions. Wife is deployed and does not know of my madness...shhhhhhh...it's for a good cause...BeerZ & KartZ
If anyone has a shifter like kart for sale locally, shoot me a pm.
Attached Thumbnails Go-Kart course for Vet buddys-8101.jpg   Go-Kart course for Vet buddys-8101-go-kart-boo-track-course.jpg  
Old 05-06-2016, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn I like the idea. Sounds fun, I'm not sure how low slung karts on slicks would do on grass, but besides that I dont see any problems with your plan. Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I'm looking to move somewhere more rural where the properties are spaced out like that and I can get a lot of land.

Thanks for your service btw.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have property with alot more woods but had done the same thing for kids
found a unique go kart that pivoted in the middle so it would handle more of a rough terrain.

It was also a 2 seater so was the preferred method to go back and forth to the bus stop.
wouldnt be that hard to duplicate if you wanted to make 3 or so of them.
Whats key here is to use the Comet torque converter,it takes an ordinary 6HP slug and turns it into a fun machine.

Quick Reply: Go-Kart course for Vet buddys