Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Really need some help installing a few things... Orlando/Sanford/UCF Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 12:02 PM
I'm all shook up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Really need some help installing a few things... Orlando/Sanford/UCF Area

I'm going to purchase the following Transmission Cooler.....
http://thunderracing.com/catalog/?ac...vid=5&pcid=175

... and wanted to know will someone help me install it?

I also have ARP 12mm x 1.50" Studs, 7/32 Spacers, Open Nuts, and 15" x 3.5" Draglites I want to install.

I also have some more Weight Reduction planned, and need some help w/ that too.

Basically, I REALLY need a friend w/ an F-Body in the Orlando/Sanford/UCF area that will help me install some things on my Camaro. I will NEVER trust any shops w/ my Camaro, that's why I really need someone to help me out. In return I will help you out w/ anything you ever need, and I will provide plenty of your favorite beer! LOL

Your help will be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Also, if needed...
My phone number: 407-786-1476
My email address: mollyh46@earthlink.net

Old 01-05-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm all shook up

TTT
Old 01-05-2006, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, I'll give you a hand. I actually ordered the same thing and haven't put it on my car yet. I'll have to ask buddy of mine if we can use his palce though.

When were you planning on installing the parts?

I'm in Deltona if you don't mind driving out to my side of town.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm all shook up

Smile

Originally Posted by Lasombra52
Yeah, I'll give you a hand. I actually ordered the same thing and haven't put it on my car yet. I'll have to ask buddy of mine if we can use his palce though.

When were you planning on installing the parts?

I'm in Deltona if you don't mind driving out to my side of town.

Awesome! Do you know how to install a transmission cooler? Because I don’t.

Could you also help me w/ the wheel studs, etc..., and the Weight Reduction?

Shoot me an email or a PM so we can talk some more. Thanks man!

Oh BTW, I want to do this whenever my Transmission Cooler gets here, probably 2-3 more weeks.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:51 AM
On The Tree

Yes I have installed that same tranny cooler on my beater about two months ago. Just ahven't gotten it onto my Camaro yet. Installation is ALOT easier than you think, just got to know what to look for.

The studs I haven't done, but my friend should be able to help us with that one. If he hasn't done it before, he can figure out how, trust me on that one. What kind of weight reduction materials are you planning?

I talked to my buddy last night and he said that we can use his place. He likes working on F-bods as well, He has a 98 Firebird Formula. With more mods than I have done,a nd we have both done all modifications ourselves. (Not like we did anything drastically hard to install yet.)

Here's my e-mail: jason@landscapedynamics.com

P.S. Neither of us drink beer or alcohol while working on our cars, or anyone else's for that matter.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:33 PM
I'm all shook up

Thumbs up

I can't wait till my Trans Cooler gets here so we can do this!
Should I get a quart of Dexron III Trans Fluid just in case some leaks out when we install the cooler? I just really hope you don't mind waiting a couple weeks until my Cooler gets here. Oh, and about the weight reduction I was just thinking of removing a couple more things from my car, nothing big.

Before my Trans Cooler arrives, do you want to meet up at a mall or something? Maybe this weekend? That would be cool!

Yes I have installed that same tranny cooler on my beater about two months ago. Just ahven't gotten it onto my Camaro yet. Installation is ALOT easier than you think, just got to know what to look for.

The studs I haven't done, but my friend should be able to help us with that one. If he hasn't done it before, he can figure out how, trust me on that one. What kind of weight reduction materials are you planning?

I talked to my buddy last night and he said that we can use his place. He likes working on F-bods as well, He has a 98 Firebird Formula. With more mods than I have done,a nd we have both done all modifications ourselves. (Not like we did anything drastically hard to install yet.)

Here's my e-mail: jason@landscapedynamics.com

P.S. Neither of us drink beer or alcohol while working on our cars, or anyone else's for that matter.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm all shook up

Thumbs up

Good news! I just purchased a Trans Cooler from a friend of mine in North Florida for only $40 Brand New! So now we can do this a little sooner, because it will be here in a week or so!
Old 01-08-2006, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Yes you will need a little bit of tranny fluid, but honestly we won't loose that much. You just have to be quick of removing/replacing somethings. The fluid is basically for filling up the cooler, so not much is needed at all. 1 quart should do it.

I checked my schedule and I'm not free until January 28th, which is a Saturday. I'm pretty much free anytime during that day, but the earlier the better, (say around 9:00 am if possible) install should take at most 2 hours. And that's if we run into some unknown troubles. I call them incidentals, happens pretty much with any install. Just something that you weren't thinking about.

Very cool on getting it cheaper.

Meeting up at the mall sometime is fine by me. I get off of work around 2:30, 3:00 everyday M-F so I could be near the Altamonte or Sanford mall about 30 minutes later. Please bring car so I can take a look at it and explain the things that we will be doing to it. Let me know what your availability is. And which mall you would prefer.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm all shook up

Smile

Do you want to meet up at the Altamonte Mall tomorrow at 4:00? That would be cool! I do have a little problem w/ my car leaking oil where the drain plug is, but I can still drive it. Maybe we could look at that too. Also, just to let you know my car is a V6.

Yes you will need a little bit of tranny fluid, but honestly we won't loose that much. You just have to be quick of removing/replacing somethings. The fluid is basically for filling up the cooler, so not much is needed at all. 1 quart should do it.

I checked my schedule and I'm not free until January 28th, which is a Saturday. I'm pretty much free anytime during that day, but the earlier the better, (say around 9:00 am if possible) install should take at most 2 hours. And that's if we run into some unknown troubles. I call them incidentals, happens pretty much with any install. Just something that you weren't thinking about.

Very cool on getting it cheaper.

Meeting up at the mall sometime is fine by me. I get off of work around 2:30, 3:00 everyday M-F so I could be near the Altamonte or Sanford mall about 30 minutes later. Please bring car so I can take a look at it and explain the things that we will be doing to it. Let me know what your availability is. And which mall you would prefer.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, I kinda figured that one by your name L36 (The v6 thing) No big deal. I owned a 94 Camaro v6 with the 3.4 liter engine first. You gotta start somewhere. Drain plug can be fixed at next oil change by adding a rubber gromet to the plug, I think I have some in the garage. Unless there is something wrong with the plug itself. I'll take a look and see what I can see, but without dropping all of the oil, I can't say much.

4:00 pm is fine by me. I have to run to downtown Orlando first, but I will do that earlier, checking out a 98 SS for a member on this board in Texas.

please call if your running late or not gonna be able to show up. Let's meet in the parking lot near Bahama Breeze. Park as close as you can to the through street of the mall, not Bahama Breeze, that way I can locate ya easily. What color and year Camaro?

I'll be driving my P.O.S. daily driver, white 1998 Hyundai Elantra. It saves on miles on the Camaro.

Last edited by Lasombra52; 06-10-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm all shook up

Thumbs up

4:00 pm is fine by me... What color and year Camaro?
Awesome!

Maroon Metallic 2000 Camaro
Old 01-09-2006, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Duh, if I would have looked at your sig I could have figured that one out. Oops, I'm an idiot. See ya tomorrow.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Junkie

i could help ya with the cooler i got 2 on ym car their easy to install as far as the studs .. well im sure they cant be that big of a deal.... if you ned help give me a call 386-299-2731

-john
Old 01-11-2006, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

January 28th is confirmed, over at my buddy Larry's place. Bring the studs too, we are going to try and find time to do that. Is 9:00 am to early for ya? That's a Saturday by the way.

Also, what was the name of that cooler again? I forgot what you said.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm all shook up

Bad news man, I can’t make it to the track the 3rd. Remember the oil leak I showed you, well I showed Eric last night at UCF, and he is 75% sure it’s the Rear Main Seal.

The Trans Cooler brand is Perma Cool, here’s a link to Texas-Speed.com where they sell it:
http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp...d=392&catid=58

BTW, did you search for that “dope style” cooler location? If not here’s a link to what I’m talking about:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=dope+style
http://fear.net/~dope/old_camaro/tra...ed_install.jpg
Old 01-14-2006, 05:42 AM
On The Tree

Okay, I'm confused. I could be mistaken, but I thought the rear main seal held in coolant? Not oil, plus you said that you weren't loosing oil.

Either way, that blows hard. If it is the mian seal, then you really shouldn't be driving the car until it is fixed.

I lost 4 of 6 of my seals (Can't remember the exact number) from my 94 v6 years ago. That was a HORRIBLE experience cause my car was too low to the ground to get towed or anything so it had to be driven. Took 5 hours to go 10 miles. Had to keep pulling over and refilling the radiator. SUCKED!!!!!!!

Gotcha on the cooler, thankfully they don't make ones that are 21" long, so I think we are okay with placement.

Thanks for the links.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:28 AM
10 Second Club

rear main seal is the one that goes around the end of the crankhaft. and keeps the oil in the motor.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Oh, thanks for the clarification.

Quick Reply: Really need some help installing a few things... Orlando/Sanford/UCF Area