Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

All South Florida peeps, u'll get a kick out of this.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racer88
The one that does all the promotional **** down to track rentals.
Gotcha. Derek made a comment in the other thread in the drag racing results section about takin it to the press and I was thinkin about that, but not sure how to or if it would be a wise idea, what you think Claire, good idea or bad idea? I mean I just don't feel like gettin shot!
Old 07-16-2006, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Gotcha. Derek made a comment in the other thread in the drag racing results section about takin it to the press and I was thinkin about that, but not sure how to or if it would be a wise idea, what you think Claire, good idea or bad idea? I mean I just don't feel like gettin shot!
Hahahaaa. We need to get you one of those signs to hang on your back window. "I brake for Guns"

Nah, I think the cars that don't go there anymore speak for themselves. Attendance is down and well...........who cares?

I mean honestly, the track sucks and yeah it's a drive to go to BMP so forget about it.

When you don't see NMRA there and other big events with heavy hitters that should tell you she doesn't care. The Land alone out there is worth a mint...........figure 30 acres I believe? 200K An acre, nowadays.....she's sitting on a gold mine.

It will probably be sold within the next 5-10 yrs she's probably waiting for an offer she can't refuse.

Moroso one day will be just a name on car parts.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Hahahaaa. We need to get you one of those signs to hang on your back window. "I brake for Guns"

Nah, I think the cars that don't go there anymore speak for themselves. Attendance is down and well...........who cares?

I mean honestly, the track sucks and yeah it's a drive to go to BMP so forget about it.

When you don't see NMRA there and other big events with heavy hitters that should tell you she doesn't care. The Land alone out there is worth a mint...........figure 30 acres I believe? 200K An acre, nowadays.....she's sitting on a gold mine.

It will probably be sold within the next 5-10 yrs she's probably waiting for an offer she can't refuse.

Moroso one day will be just a name on car parts.
Yeah, tru that, what a shame, it could be a good track if they ******* cared! It's got really nice facilities and a lot of space!
Old 07-16-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah well, the land alone is worth 6 mil maybe more. The biz in CT has other divisions, they are already millions as it is.

So this little **** hole in SFL>.............it's a place for her to go each day to say she works and keeps it in her Dad's memory.... if he only knew how the place was these days, or who she has running it.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to run their waaaaay back in the day didn't used to be that bad, but we are talking like 6 years ago...

Actually last few trips back to my parents place from Orlando I was thinking I need to hit it up and see whats its like one day...
Old 07-17-2006, 07:04 AM
7 Second Club

So this little **** hole in SFL>.............it's a place for her to go each day to say she works and keeps it in her Dad's memory.... if he only knew how the place was these days, or who she has running it.
Dick Moroso is likely turning in his grave now....
Old 07-17-2006, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

I think after this thread runs it's course we need to shoot the link to Laura South and Sue Moroso.

I doubt Gary knows how to read, thats why there ain't VHT on the track he can't read what it is on the drum. "Uhm, duh "Hey A**hole, what does VHT mean?"
Old 07-17-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Villain281H
Dick Moroso is likely turning in his grave now....
Yeah, that's kinda what I meant.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:46 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The key to running successfully at Moroso is getting there once the gates open on a Wed. afternoon.
Run 5 runs in 15 minutes and leave before the track prep goes to sh*t and the ricers show up. Used to work for me. Those 1st 15 minutes were the most productive. I'd ET well, but the MPH would suffer from the afternoon heat. As the night would cool, the MPH would climb, but the 60's would turn to crap as the track prep would deteriorate and the ET would suffer.
BMP was awesome the one time I went up.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:34 AM
10 Second Club

Hard to hot lap an auto and not wise!
Old 07-18-2006, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97blkz
Hard to hot lap an auto and not wise!
His was a stick. But yes, espeically if you hand an extended tech you were first on the track. In the days it was prepped sure you could get a few decent early runs. But forget it by later on, you would be lucky today if they stop and clean the track off with the tractor. Forget an up and down re-spray with the VHT..............

Does not happen anymore. They have a carting track and make more money for you to race those things than the $15 to run your car.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

IM going to bring my own VHT!! where can i buy some?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the issue that comes up with going to BMP (which has a great reputation)
for the people like me, is that I'm already driving an hour to Moroso in my daily driver, and I don't own a trailer or truck to tow it up to BMP.

I know it's been looked into for many years, but the way that Broward and Dade county areas are being developed for condos/townhomes etc., i'm sure it would take a pretty penny to get some land for a strip which would be a somewhat questionable investment for anybody with the $$$$.

Sooo, until I hit the lotto and build my own strip, I'm stuck going to Moroso.

Pat
Old 07-19-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

Yep if you run @ MOROSO you have a great chance to hit the wall !! I dont think there has been a week go by unless it was closed that someone didnt hit the wall !
Old 07-22-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate Moroso, can't wait till the homestead track gets built... I'm actually not even sure if it's happeneing but I'm hoping for it.

Their track prep is horrible, I went on a friday and was there before it opened. The only 2.1X I got was my first run (but I let off early.... newbie ARGHHH) everything else was a 2.2 or 2.3, thats with 5 runs in total.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 07-23-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

racer88, that is really good
Old 07-25-2006, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mpe488
I hate Moroso, can't wait till the homestead track gets built... I'm actually not even sure if it's happeneing but I'm hoping for it.

Their track prep is horrible, I went on a friday and was there before it opened. The only 2.1X I got was my first run (but I let off early.... newbie ARGHHH) everything else was a 2.2 or 2.3, thats with 5 runs in total.

Hey I remember when I went there years ago with my old 99 T/A, I ran the same time as you 13.8 @ 103.5 my first time out. On the same setup at raceway park in Jersey, got a 13.4 @ 104 with a 2.1 60'.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

i hate moroso

they think they are the best track eva

i was told to get out once because i was 'racing' this guy around the parking lot.... him and I were just looking for the tech area....

they kicked us both out, we were so pissed

but then I emailed mrs. moroso or w/e she is, and she gave me free passes (least she could do lol)
Old 07-28-2006, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

BMP rules, Ive never been to Moroso but after reading this I never will.

Quick Reply: All South Florida peeps, u'll get a kick out of this.....