Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

No Bull Nationals August 2006

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 12:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Bull Nationals August 2006

Entered my first No Bull event in the "True Street" class. This is a drag radial/street legal radial class and you can basically have anything done to the car. Man what a lot of fun and damn there were some BADAZZ rides out there. All fast as **** too. Surprisingly OSW was hooking. I couldn't believe it.
My car ran alright. The tune is way off, its running pig rich at idle and the hot start sucks. On the upper end it doesn't feel like its pulling as hard. I know I need a BAP. Need someone to tune this beast right! I tuned the suspension as best as I could but without seeing our timeslips I couldnt tell how hard i was coming out. I'm sure i had a high 1.58 run on one of them.
In the first round I ran a 78 malibu with what I think had a 500 hp 383 and a bottle on it. car sounded goooood. anyway i get up to the line and prestage. the malibu guy stages and then deep stages and then goes right thru the beams but for some reason they didn't redlight him. they let him back up and guess he wasn't ready or something and I was watching my light the whole time the guy sent us off and it looked like the malibu either wasn't ready or was sleeping cause i was gone and he was far far behind. couldn't believe i won my first round AND didn't break my tranny or rear.

I actually made it to the second round, then I had to run the infamous pink Mustang from Jacksonville. That fucken car put a fucken football field on me, it was hilarious. I talked to the owner, this guy named Tony, he said the best time that car has gone was a 8.7 @ 158. BTW the car has a 515 cu in motor with a 500 shot on it!!

I knew I was gonna worked, I just didn't know how badly LOL. Hey if I'm going to lose that's the way i want to lose!!

I hotlapped the car and ran it again this time to get a timeslip. My motor was totally heat soaked at this moment , I kept it running most of the time i was in the pits. I actually caught a 1.60 60 foot on my 17 in drag radials. Ahh well, the car runs good but damn it don't like the heat and humidity.

All in all it was good fun and look forward to doing it again..

It was insanely hot, I mean teetering between 85-90 degrees with nearly 90% humidity. I could not stop sweating. My car ran decent. Gotta lose the heavy 18 in wheels up front and run some skinnies and then put my 15 in wheels with the MT's on and get me som 10's! I know the car has some 10's in it with a fix up of the tune and maybe some not so humid weather.

It was good meeting all the ls1tech regulars out there including Paula and her husband, Jason, Tim, Eric and Dave.

We gotta get an ls1tech race down here!

i think I know what I want to throw on as my next mod.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:15 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

That was some good racing last night about 20 cars in the NoBull. Ed Nash won the Prostreet class again and also beat Mark Shiebs blown 526 bbc Nova. Tony Gonyon won the radial class but congrats to Greg and Paula(LS1QUEEN) as they only lost by a couple cars to a very fast mustang.

Also thanks to Eric for towing me out to the track.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Caveman
That was some good racing last night about 20 cars in the NoBull. Ed Nash won the Prostreet class again and also beat Mark Shiebs blown 526 bbc Nova. Tony Gonyon won the radial class but congrats to Greg and Paula(LS1QUEEN) as they only lost by a couple cars to a very fast mustang.

Definetly some good racing! The Track conditions looked to be a little poor after about 150ft out. Alot of slipping and sliding for some of the faster cars. Kind of sucks but it also makes it more of a drivers race and kind of evens out the field a little bit.

Caveman - Why weren't you out making N/B rounds with the new car? Still getting a feel for it on some shakedown passes? The car looked really good.

Got Me SOM - The Car looked top notch but was a little out classed haha.. Definetly an Awesome Street Car though. Looked like you were having a Blast. What did the timeslip say after you got one?
Old 08-06-2006, 11:32 AM
10 Second Club

i was definitely out classed! it was cool to be part of an event with the baddest fastest cars out there in florida though.

I went an 11.3. the engine was so heat soaked and my tune is off, the car is having problems idling cause the air fuel is off. The car has gone 11.0's with less power in much better air and cooler temps.

i'm gonna try some little things and get some skinnies in the front so i can get into the 10's comfortably in the heat.

Which car did you have?

Caveman was trying too make his 9 sec license runs but his car ain't running right at all.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:59 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear everyone had fun.

I understand the "outclassed" Got Me SOM, as my Nova would be fodder for the radials "regulars" as well. Tony's stang is a bad bitch, and that car is set-up for the spray and radials. Congrats on getting a round win!

Derek
Old 08-06-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

I was the lucky one that got Tony first round but owell it was fun and it was a close race he ran it all out and took me by about 2 cars maybee next time we will be ready for him
Old 08-06-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Caveman

Good times my brother.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:47 PM
9 Second Club

Even though I had to watch I had fun. Nice talking to everyone. Finally got to meet Next.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1Queen
Even though I had to watch I had fun. Nice talking to everyone. Finally got to meet Next.
Y'all are good people.

Next time we meet up I hope it's both us racin'

Quick Reply: No Bull Nationals August 2006