Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Poor workmenship....look out for:

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Poor workmenship....look out for:

ok, well i dont know if any of you have heard of this parts/motor rebuild company. But LK auto parts out of gainesville, is awful. Read carefully the following paragraphs....

ive had my car about a year and a half....when i first got it, it had 40k miles and ran very well...well the oil pump failed one day and the motor spun 6 and 8 bearings...luckly this car was under warranty so i didnt have to shell out the 6 grand for a motor.....

in comes this company....i had my car at my friends shop, and the warranty company got to chose where my new motor came from....well they chose LK and i didnt have a say in the situation since i wasnt paying for it....well the motor arrived 2 weeks later...FROM GAINESVILLE all of 1 hour away....it was a 99 to fit the car, well me and my friend tore down that motor and it was utter garbage....metal in the pan and some other top end issues... so we sent it back

two more weeks go by, and they send another motor...if it was up to me i would have had another company send me a motor...but i had no say...anyways, the next motor arrived an 01...it was a clean motor, no metal and clean heads, but we didnt tear out the bottom end and check on it......

skip forward, 15k miles later...no track passes, no hard runs, this motor has been babied in anticipation for internal/external mods....a motor mount went bad about two weeks ago and me and my friend fixed that at his shop....when we lowered the engine back in, and cranked it up there was a LOUDDDDDD low end tapping sound...."doc" on here has heard it.....so i contacted the general manager of my friends shopped....he said he'd take care of me, but LK wont deal with individuals directly and there very strict on there warranty mileage..."due to the weak lower end in LSX motors" WTF?!?!?!

i tried to get in contact with this company and the manager was right, they wont deal with me....TWO FCKN MOTORS FROM ONE COMPANY THAT ARE UTTER GARBAGE...how are you going to warranty a v8 motor for 12k miles and say its probably going to break after that?!!? how are you in business?!?!
how does a company send out "rebuilt" motors with FCKN metal in the oil pan? and top end issues?

so in sumation if anyone plans on using this company or is dealing with them now....get out....there trash

the manager at my friends shop said that he wont order the motor from them again for anyones car

MAKE SURE YOU READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE YOU RESPOND
Old 01-23-2007, 01:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this the LKQ out of gainesville? if not im not sure ive heard of this place.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

yea that was it....i remember LK, he might have said Q to...but i was so damn pissed when i got the whole story from everyone i didnt really care

ill try to get a sound bite of the ticking...but like i said other people on the board have heard it already......think ISUZU
Old 01-23-2007, 07:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

you understand what "LKQ" stands for right?
Old 01-23-2007, 08:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like kind quality?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:17 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
you understand what "LKQ" stands for right?

it means its a junk yard that does salvage and recycling....its kinda like a you-pull-it also...some are different than others.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:55 AM
12 Second Club

LKQ is good to find harder parts on cars, but I dont think I would trust the engines they have.

Sorry about the luck. Hopefully you can get a good running motor in your car finally and not have to deal with this crap anymore.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

fellas....did you read where i put in my post several times...I HAD NO CHOICE, where my motor came from....since it was under warranty, i was just along for the ride...

i mean you can sell used motors...thats fine...just label them "used"...not.."rebuilt"

when im staring at a oil pan thats blinging like paul walls grill.....rebuilt my ***

i told the warranty company i just wanted a crate motor...."well take that into consideration, but we have highly trusted companies we use for our rebuilt motors"
Old 01-23-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

you got screwed by this warranty company. i would NEVER EVER get an LKQ aka junk yard motor. come on, its a junk yard motor. the least they could do is either a reman motor from jasper's engine service or rebuild the motor. those motors sit in the junk yard and rot. plus they came out of a wrecked car.

plus there is NOTHING rebuilt about an LKQ junkyard motor.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Small Claims Court? Id Read Over Your Agreement Then Think About It
Old 01-23-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

This is the problem with aftermarket warranties. they generally dont warranty ****. and if they do, they drag their feet and give you junk IF they cover it. sounds like they auth'd junk. the biggest problem is most shops will NOT warranty anything LKQ and you are responsible for the labor (the majority of the costs).
Old 01-23-2007, 07:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

^^^ very true....i mean honestly ive never heard of this company before this....if i would have known thats what you get and thats who they are...i would have insisted on another motor from someone else....but they failed to tell me where it came from, and on the invoice it said "Rebuilt motor"

1. the warranty company was trash, if yall remember me posting about them back last summer and how they tried to wiggle out of the first replacement motor
2. NO junkyard should be able to sell anyone a motor and call it rebuilt...
Old 01-23-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by staringback05
2. NO junkyard should be able to sell anyone a motor and call it rebuilt...
i work with LKQ vendors everyday. they dont call them rebuilt. they call them "USED" or "LKQ" - it would be fraudulant for them to say otherwise. Yards will give a shitty 30 day warranty on the part they sell most of the time. but you are still stuck with the R&I
Old 01-23-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

send them the motor back in parts and tell them to just give you the money for it and pay the difference in a rebuilt motor. I doubt they go for it but warrenty companies for the most part are going to find the cheapest replacement part and will not have anyone who is really qualified to determine if it is good or not. Gator and I deal with this all the time. When I get a reman it comes with a year warrenty or 100 hours of opperation warrenty.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also any good shop will drop the pan and pull the heads before they install any used motor for inspection. If the did not happen then shame on the shop.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

i personally dont know many GOOD shops that will put in an LKQ motor with peace of mind.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

ill scan the invoice when i get it back tomm. hopefully on it, it called it a rebuilt/remand. motor.....not a used one...like it is

we did drop the pan, and pulled the heads when we got the motor to the shop....like i said the 99 motor they sent was UTTER GARBAGE...plain and simple and it was sent back in parts....

the second motor didnt have any metal in the pan or anything wrong with the heads...BUT apparently there was more to it deeper in the motor then we could tell...thats why 15k miles later, its broken now....

as for the warranty company they wanted a straight used motor just to through in my car, before that they just said i needed to polish the crank and put in new bearings WTF?~!

my friend whos the manager at the shop said he wouldnt do it and they settled to put a rebuilt motor in.....cheap fckers couldnt just give me a crate motor....

its all good..the accountant guy who handled my warranty job lives in the county i work in........MF better hope he doesnt speed

if theres one thing i cant stand....its half asses worked
Old 01-23-2007, 08:11 PM
12 Second Club

well check your Warranty info and make sure they actually dont have the right to give you a used motor.....like said above ive never had anything but problems with aftermarket and factory warranties...a close friend with a GTP had the tranny go out...an aftermarket Cold air kit and a downpipe voided his warranty...it was stupid
Old 01-23-2007, 08:13 PM
12 Second Club

was there any warranty with LKQ? or just here ya go...heck the local you-pull-it around here gives a 30 day warranty.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at least you got SOMETHING from your warranty company.. i had my claim to rebuild my T56 denied.. because apparently.. one of the warranty guys they sent out to look at my car saw i had relocation brackets on my car.. thus voided my warranty.. no way around it.. i guess the warranty said ANY and ALL aftermarket parts.. its voids the warranty.. but at least i got my money back i paid for the warranty ...

bunch of bastards..

Quick Reply: Poor workmenship....look out for: