Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

track with no tech

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 12:50 AM
9 Second Club

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

Default track with no tech

Im looking for a track or a couple in the south east, SC, GA, FL, NC to run a car to get it dialed in. I need a track with no tech, since the car has no cage and runs in the 5-6s in the 1/8 . Anyone know where I can go?
Old 03-19-2007, 01:11 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by minytrker
Im looking for a track or a couple in the south east, SC, GA, FL, NC to run a car to get it dialed in. I need a track with no tech, since the car has no cage and runs in the 5-6s in the 1/8 . Anyone know where I can go?
MOBILE DRAGWAY IN MOBILE ALABAMA!!!!!
They don't even have a tech booth on the property. I asked an employee where to tech in, and he said: "are you ****** kiddin' me kid? just run!"

ATMORE DRAGWAY IN ATMORE ALABAMA
Same as above

EMERALD COAST DRAGWAY IN HOLT FL
THey actually have a tech booth, but it's run by a 13 year old boy. I've never had to pop the hood. He just writes my # on the window.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:30 AM
9 Second Club

Thanks, hopfully some will pop up a little closer, those are all 9-12hrs away. Do they run test & tune on fri and sat? It would be nice to be able to run two days to get everything dialed in.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe you just want a G-Tech meter and a quiet
straight piece of country blacktop? Even without
tech, any sanctioned track will possibly boot you
once you get past the must-have-cage number.

Old-style G-Techs (the red LED, nuthin'-fancy ones)
are pretty near dirt cheap anymore on eBay. Good
enough for getting you the three numbers.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Launching!

good call on the Gtech. I have one of the new RR models, and it is always within .1 second and 1mph of my actual time.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

if you were high 6's, i think you MAY get away with it, but we have a few local tracks here in florida that are pretty leniant...but if your going 5's, no, your not running again without a cage.

your best bet is to go dyno the thing to dial it in...and if your wanting to setup the suspension, go buy some VHT and prep a patch of road to tweak your launch on.

you know, since you dont want to spend the 250 bucks to put a cage in your drag car.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:37 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sneakin Deacon
if you were high 6's, i think you MAY get away with it, but we have a few local tracks here in florida that are pretty leniant...but if your going 5's, no, your not running again without a cage.

your best bet is to go dyno the thing to dial it in...and if your wanting to setup the suspension, go buy some VHT and prep a patch of road to tweak your launch on.

you know, since you dont want to spend the 250 bucks to put a cage in your drag car.
Its a street car, and it will have a cage in time just not now. The dyno wont help on shift points and suspension setup. I also need to know what kinds of times it will run for lining up future races.

Quick Reply: track with no tech