Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

well another way of giving to the rich

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default well another way of giving to the rich

If you have been folowing they are wanting to raise sales tax to do away with property tax but most people are not home owners therefore the people who cant affford to buy a house will have to pay higher sales tax so people who can afford houses can get away with not paying this sounds like **** to me
Old 04-25-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they need to be figuring out this gas price **** and stop worrting about people who buy houses they cant afford or keep up with
Old 04-25-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Junkie

on the other side the taxes is what is keeping me from buying a home. It would almost be a second morgage in some places.

Also sales tax would go after the turists that are coming down as well.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by black01_WS6
on the other side the taxes is what is keeping me from buying a home. It would almost be a second morgage in some places.

Also sales tax would go after the turists that are coming down as well.
lol i have seen your house i bet you hope it goes through lol how have you been....there are some good points to it yes but i still dont think that renters wich make up the majority of households sould have to pay so that people who have bought houses and should plan for rises can get over the problem is with a wasteful govt.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i actually wouldnt mind paying higher sales tax if the gas rpices would go down and the money would be used for what its supposed to be used for and yes LOWER the property tax but but not do away with it take that money and put it into education teacher pay school funding grants that kinda **** but dont just do away with it
Old 04-25-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd wait and see what actually passes - like the radar detector ban bill and others. People that rent are already paying property taxes too, just gets passed on through higher rents. I hate the high state (and moreso federal) taxes on gas - but better than paying a state income tax like most states. When I worked in NC a few years ago the gas was a few cents lower/gal but they took 7.54% right off the top of every paycheck...and had to pay a personal property tax on my car based upon it's value.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Banned

Just another example of dirty politicians putting more money in their pocket and appeasing the people who have "tons of money." I can not stand politics, no one is in it "for the people" and if someone is they are 1 in a million. All these politicians are in it to better themselves and not the peeps. It's like that all the way down to college and high school elections. Sorry for the rant, I'm pissed because I'm paying 10-20 cents extra a gallon for gas in gainesville to "make the roads" better but I have yet to see any construction or improvements to the roads and I'm not even a permanent resident of this shithole town. Oh and it pisses me off how they pay Judges more than the officers of the law who bring the scumbags in off the street. It's ridiculous how backwards our system is. [/rant]
Old 04-25-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Predator T/A
lol i have seen your house i bet you hope it goes through lol how have you been....there are some good points to it yes but i still dont think that renters wich make up the majority of households sould have to pay so that people who have bought houses and should plan for rises can get over the problem is with a wasteful govt.
I think you have me confused with someone else? I am a teacher that can't afford anything. My wife and I have actually been thinking of moving up north as we would get paid more, and the cost of living is less than half of what it is here.

But we love the sun. who knows.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i really dont mind paying as long as something gets fixed...but its the same **** all the time ....for instance think about the catastrophe in the far east the tsuanmi....hell 2004 florida was a catastophe but we dont have money for this and that and for schools but as soon as something happens in another country boom money comes from everywhere why dont we use the boom money here and scrounge around to help the people in other places
Old 04-25-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by black01_WS6
I think you have me confused with someone else? I am a teacher that can't afford anything. My wife and I have actually been thinking of moving up north as we would get paid more, and the cost of living is less than half of what it is here.

But we love the sun. who knows.
lol man i was giving you hell....i know that you got a good deal on the house on the beach
Old 04-25-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have been folowing they are wanting to raise sales tax to do away with property tax but most people are not home owners therefore the people who cant affford to buy a house will have to pay higher sales tax so people who can afford houses can get away with not paying this sounds like **** to me
Well how can anybody afford to ever buy a house if the taxes are so high? They are encouraging home buyers because that stability is very good for the economy. Who do you think pays property taxes on rental properties and apartment complexes? Santa Clause? No the renter does. Lower property taxes benifit everyone. You have to look into the issue a bit deeper.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i doubt my rent will o down if the taxes go away
Old 04-25-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Addict

i doubt my rent will o down if the taxes go away
Why? It makes sense for an apartment complex to pass the savings along so they can remain competitive, if they didn't nobody would rent from them, the renters would go elsewhere. Its economics man.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you realize this was brought up to actually make the rich people pay more right?

honestly...poor people dont buy alot of **** because they cant afford it, there paying for things like high property taxes and the like...

rich people on the other hand live freely buying all kinds of expensive crap...

this is how they even the table by making the rich pay more for those toys...and not making the poor pay more for things they need like there house's
Old 04-25-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

ooo and gas is not a government problem....if you have a problem with gas prices starting being pissy to the gas company's....you know they have been making record profits as of late...and the damn hippies wont let us drill on the damn north pole either...so take that up with them....less then a 1/3 of the total gas price has to deal with the government....
Old 04-25-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah if you dont like gas prices then speak to the UAE
Old 04-25-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Search and see how much Florida gas taxes are/gal, how much Federal gas taxes are/gal - then compare it it how much Exxon/Mobil's PROFIT is/gal.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

^^^^just to throw some weight behind that

federal gas tax=18.4 cents
florida gas tax= 14.6 cents

hmmmmm 33 cents out of how much do we pay now? and it cost less then a dollar to refine a gallon....
Old 04-25-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

higher sales tax would allow renters to buy a house, wouldnt that benefit the renter by being able to afford a house, it would help you out
Old 04-26-2007, 06:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think it is a great idea. like camaro extra said. you have to look deeper into the subject. one feel lucky that we don't have a state income tax. a bunch of other states have a state income tax. And yes you do pay taxes on an apartment even if you do not know it. do you think that the apartment complex eats the taxes. I don't think so. This will not hurt the poor like some dems are saying. that is a load of crap to scare people. This is taking the tax burden off of home owners who have been over paying for there house taxes while people who don't have a home, do not have to pay a penny . Now how is that fair. look at it that way. I pay 2000 per year in Seminole co.. and it was a stretch and almost made me not purchase the house I am in. but I looked at the benefit and I was not paying 100% interest to the apartment complex anymore. A home is a great thing to have and not everyone is in the right situation to purchase one. that is why you work hard save up some money. and purchase a house. there is a house out there for every situation. it may not be the neighborhood you want or the size you want, but sometimes you need to compromise and work your way up to what you want. sorry about the rant. but it is what it is.

Quick Reply: well another way of giving to the rich