Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

07 mustang tv&radio commercials

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 07 mustang tv&radio commercials

what do you guys&gals think of the 07 mustang tv&radio commercials saying the mustang is the#1 muscle car for the last 40yrs and is the only muscle car in todays cars.i dont disrespect the mustang ive owned 2 and built a couple for my freinds.let me know your opinions.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I laughed. They are basically the slowest supposed "performance" car out there other than rice. Chevy came out with the 300hp LT1 15 YEARS AGO!!! And that motor is smaller and lighter physically, but has more displacement i.e. torque than the new motors in current Mustang GTs. What a joke. And FYI, I'm not a ford hater. I'd buy a ford if they had engines I liked. Unfortunately the only real power makers are basically close to the same setup as GTs, but with slightly different internals and a blower slapped on top. Dual Overhead Cam motors that weigh a ton and take up a ton of space but have smaller displacement and produce a weaker torque curve = IDIOTIC. Get a clue Ford. KISS. (Keep it simple, Stupid.)

Can you imagine a Cobra with a forged internal single cam, overhead valve motor around 6 liters with a blower on top? Can you say Big HP on small boost? A forged LS2 running 8psi of boost would make about 150 rwhp more than the current Shelby Cobra engine. Hell, I'm probably making at least 80 more hp on my mild, low boost setup. And the more efficient/simple/cost effective engine design would allow Ford to sell at a lower price and offer greater performance. That's called VALUE for all you non-business types. Who the Hell is running that company and making these decisions?

End Rant.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

i seen that commercial at my buddys house who is a die hard mustang fanatic . we got into a heated debate. he says what you think about that. i said huh? well than why is it i can beat your cobra with bolt ons n/a with a 7yr old car and he became furious and called me a bunch of choice words which turned into me popping that cocky s.o.b. in the mouth. in all honesty that damn commercial made my ***-hole pucker. the nerve of ford and their preying on the market while by them selves just wait till 09 we will get ours.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haven't heard or seen any of these commercials yet, but I'm sure I will bust out laughing when I do. They have always been slower, ALWAYS. You think they would do it right by now, I laughed my *** off when I heard the new stangs would have 300HP when the 05s came out. I guess 300 is better than 245, kinda sad that in 04 the Gt was only making what a L98 made.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

its sad but 1993 lt1 f-body that is 15yrs old can beat a brand new gt.
Old 05-12-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just saw that to......i was watching the tube the other day and here comes this voice "mustang the only real muscle car for the last 40 years".....OOOO CMON

thats the biggest load of douchebagery ive ever heard.....the chevelle, corvette, firebird, camaro, cuda, etc....exsisted in the last 40 years?
Old 05-12-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all we have to remember is that the V6 camaro beat the V8mustang for 1 year, that is freaking pathetic
Old 05-13-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Regular

I laughed when I saw it. 9 out of 10 Mustangs I see around here are V6 with a woman behind the wheel. Then again most of the Camaro's I see (LT1s) are the same demographic. A good friend of mine has a 99 Cobra vert and just had an X pipe put on. Man does it sound awesome. I envy Mustangs exhaust notes, but they got a lot of work to do to get the performance up to that level of bragging status.

A kid I bowl with was saying the 500 hp Shelby could smoke me, after I told him Ford hasn't built a block that can keep up with GM (even over the last 5 years since the halt of production of the LS1) and I told him that wasn't what I meant. If I put the same mods on my car it would respond better.

I love American cars. I don't hate Ford. Ford and GM need to put their collective foots on the throats of the import market, not cannibalize each other.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:55 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FLA02TA
Ford and GM need to put their collective foots on the throats of the import market, not cannibalize each other.
GM tried and Failed with the Cobalt SS and Saturn ION Redline, DODGE succeeded with the SRT 4
Old 05-13-2007, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Eurospec2
GM tried and Failed with the Cobalt SS and Saturn ION Redline, DODGE succeeded with the SRT 4
The sad part is it's all marketing. The Cobalt SS outperforms the SRT 4 in almost every area, and has plenty of potential for upgrades. The only downside is they went supercharger instead of turbo, but that could easily be changed for a new model year.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The bright side is that the commercial will only reinforce the idea among the car ignrant that Mustangs are fast, so there will be plenty of new fodder for us on the roads out there.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by will82
The sad part is it's all marketing. The Cobalt SS outperforms the SRT 4 in almost every area, and has plenty of potential for upgrades. The only downside is they went supercharger instead of turbo, but that could easily be changed for a new model year.
where are you getting that knowledge from? stock for stock its a driver's race between the two. Skittles are cheaper and lighter and make more power stock. Cobalts are faster out of the whole because the skittle has turbo lag has a taller gear ratio.

even though motortrend isnt the best place to get info from but they ran both head to head and both ran 14.4 in the 1/4

Cobalt is on the left

Acceleration to mph
0-30 2.2 sec 2.4 sec
0-40 3.5 3.8
0-50 4.8 4.9
0-60 6.1 6.0
0-70 7.9 7.8
0-80 10.2 9.7
0-90 12.6 11.8
0-100 15.4 13.8 <<<< this one i don't quite understand

Passing, 45-65 mph: 2.7 2.7
1/4 mile 14.4 sec @ 99.3 mph 14.4 sec @ 100.8 mph

looks about dead even to me
Old 05-13-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pretyflywiteguy

looks about dead even to me
About dead even in ONE aspect. You're forgetting handling, durability, braking, weight distribution, etc., all the things that matter when you're not just going in a straight line. The Cobalt is better on the road course. And like you said, a little better out of the whole b/c of turbo lag, but I think that sacrificing that edge would be worth switching to turbo because of the lack of belt issues, upgradability, top end pull, etc.

Oh yeah, you're right about the weight thing too. The Cobalt could shed a pound or two.

The point is, there's no reason for it not to sell at least as well as the Neon.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:32 PM
FormerVendor

Default Cobalt SS Srt 4

Not sure where those numbers come from, SRT 4 is 13.8 stock out of the box, and will rape a cobalt at any speed above 30 MPH, its not even funny really. As a previous SRT 4 owner, they are dam fast from a roll, drive like crap and really feel unsafe above 75 MPH but they will destroy the cobalts from a roll.

The one reason it doesnt sell is demographics, the kids who are looking for that type if car do not care about driveability, handling, braking, all they care about is the SRT is faster,cheaper to mod and has more "street cred"
Old 05-13-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

... saw the commercial tonight. To me, it shows how desperate Ford is to sell cars. The Mustang's aren't selling so well I hear. From an article I read, the '03-'04 Cobra is what most Mustang enthusiasts are looking for and nobody who has one is selling them (in general). Seems like a lot of Ford guys are just waiting and biding their time to buy the supercharged Cobra's instead of buying the new Mustangs. If they came out with a production version Mustang with a KB 2.2 or 2.4 Blowzilla, I think people would be lining up and not caring how much they cost.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Possibly the most blatant case of false advertising/mis-leading the consumer in the history of the world
Old 05-13-2007, 09:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

A marketing strategy directed at the "gearheads wannabes" (the ones who believe what R&T, Motor Trend publishes, the ones who have never even changed a battery) around. These will buy them believing all th BS the commercial said ignoring the real history of muscle cars....even some purist refer to Mustangs and f-bodies as pony cars not muscle cars....whatever. We are surrounded by stupid people.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Going back to my 1st post about the engines...

C5 w/ Magnacharger & Headers:

'03 Cobra:

The maggie is at 7psi or so. Does anyone know how much boost the 03-04 Cobras run stock?

Last edited by will82; 05-14-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

This commercial is Ford's way of laying the framework for the mudslinging campaign that is going to begin when GM reintroduces the Camaro.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

This is nothing new. Ford has been doing this for years. One example is thier truck comercials claiming best selling truck for years, yet GM has beaten them in sales EVERY year I have ever looked at and some years as much as or more than 50% more. It wouldnt surprise me if they have out sold them every year. Of course, they get away with it because if you split up GM trucks its true for most years, but we all know they are the same trucks.

I have to admit, I hated Ford for years for numerous reasons. Like parts being more expensive, few universal parts used, and just flat out crappy engineering in some cases. But for the last 10 years they have been impressing me more and more with things like the lightning, the newer engines, and better performance all around. But then every time I see one of these BS commercials I lose more respect for them.

Quick Reply: 07 mustang tv&radio commercials