Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Locked for sale in local forum but local forum posts do not go toward 50??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 06:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locked for sale in local forum but local forum posts do not go toward 50??????

OK so my SS hood for sale in the local Florida forum was locked because I dont have 50 posts. But none of my local posts go toward my 50. Does anyone else see a problem with this??? I pretty much stay local with my posts and they do not count for the 50. But I want to sell something local and am not allowed because the forum I use does not go toward my 50.

I am sorry, but that is not right. I may never hit 50 in the other forums, but contribute and will continue to contribute to the local forum as long as I can. This just seems like a double standard. I didnt post in the for sale section, just local, so people can come look and buy.

I understand the rule, nobody wants to give their money to someone that doesnt have the posts, but if they are coming by to get it what is the problem???? Especially if my posts probably do come to over the 50 in this local forum?????

I dont mean to be a jerk, but what gives??? My posts here do not count toward 50, but I cant post for sale here til I hit 50??? Doesnt make much sense to me.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

Same problem here. I feel your pain.

Travis
Old 06-16-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This isn't a democracy.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

I didnt say it was. It just makes no sense. It doesnt make me more reliable if I reply to 50 posts in another section, does it?? It doesnt make me less reliable if I post only in the Florida section. Especially if there is no chance of anyone losing money on the deal.

I dont know. I guess I will just go and find some posts I can reply to.

Had an administrator ever gotten back to me when I registered this name, I would have been using my origional name of mnypitZ28. But nobody ever responded to my emails about losing my password. That account only has 1 post, but it has been registered for years. Again, probably because I only posted in the local forums. So I could have posted for sale under that one.

So somebody is watching the forums to catch people trying to sell to a local member, but nobody is watching email to respond to problems with passwords??
Old 06-17-2007, 08:19 AM
TECH Addict

I know. But they have so many members here that they have to make a blanket rule.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I understand that, but had someone gotten back to me on my other account this would not be a problem. That account has been open for years. Not only that, my posts in local should count for something.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah it defiently sucks. I think they don't count in here because theres to much bs'ing going on in here. I'm not really sure why that matters since alot of us actually know each other in here so its only natural that were going to bs with each other. Its just like if we actually meet up were not just going to talk about cars were going to talk about all kinds of things.

I actually was looking at your thread, a buddy sent me a link to it thinking I might like to buy it but the thread was already locked by the time I got to it. Although I would like the hood I just don't have the money. I say just go throw some post in other sections all you need is one word in the post so 50 should't take to long. You could probably do it in 10 mins.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

Make a pic of the hood your signature picture, write "for sale locally" over it, and then everyone you talk with in the FL forum will see it.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by will82
Make a pic of the hood your signature picture, write "for sale locally" over it, and then everyone you talk with in the FL forum will see it.
now that is a damn good idea
Old 06-17-2007, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

I thought about just going out and posting a bunch of crap in other forums, but I really dont want to skirt the system like that. Same thing applies to posting it in my signature. I just think that if my posts dont count, then the rule about having enough posts in this forum shouldnt count either.

But we still go back to the fact that nobody could respond to an email so I could just use my old account. This wouldnt be an issue because that account was plenty old enough.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:04 PM
10 Second Club

just looked at your find more posts. i see 69 posts you have made. looks like you would qualify if they looked at it that way. i've known you for over three years myself. just took the SFC from you.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Junkie

There were scammers that were ripping folks off when there wasn't any qualification for starting sales threads. The intent in establishing the rules were to try and force folks to make a technical contribution to the site prior to earning the priveledge to sell their stuff. That rule was softened a bit by giving the alternative of being a member for a certain amount of time.

Quickly folks started post whoring in non-tech threads and were circumventing the rules. So Admin extended the non-post count rule to the forums that are not technical related. I hope you can see that this is an effort by the owners of the site to try and help the members.

It's too bad you lost your password on an older account but could you imagine how many PMs/emails the Admins get when there are around 80,000 unique hits a day on this site?

There will always be folks that take exception to the rules as you can't please everyone all of the time. If you really need to use this site to sell something you could just make some reasonable contributions to threads in the technical sections and in a week or two qualify with your post count.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think its a good rule, it gives buyers a sense of you being an established user, and not just some fly-by-night out to screw or scam you.
And only posts in the tech section counting works great to sift out non car people just here to sell.

Sara Lou
Old 06-18-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by will82
awesome way to get banned. dont be a jerk.

+1 to what next said. its for the protection of users on this site. post whoring to get to a status is lame and not the right thing to do. do the right thing.

is the only reason you come to this site is to sell ****? if so, thats not right either. this is not a local forum, even though the site is nice enough to give a forum just for the state of florida. if you want to sell somethign so bad, do it on a local site. i KNOW there are PLENTY of local FL Fbody forums to chose from.

again, this is a performance and technical site (thus ls1tech). its not ebay. sorry you dont like the rules but they are the rules. we all follow them b/c its for a good cause.

btw, if i wanted to be a real jerk, i would delete the entire thread, but i dont. i just lock it. there is a HUGE difference.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Zralou
I think its a good rule, it gives buyers a sense of you being an established user, and not just some fly-by-night out to screw or scam you.
And only posts in the tech section counting works great to sift out non car people just here to sell.

Sara Lou
thank you for posting the message. kudos to someone that gets it!
Old 06-18-2007, 08:49 PM
FormerVendor

I see both sides. And when you think about it for a minute its a good rule.
Sucks you lost your password. That is however your fault, unless somehow the software had a glitch and deleted your password or something. Either way it still sucks that you lost it and had to start fresh.
I would like posts to count in this forum as well, but at the end of the day it really dosen't make much of a difference.
To see the other side, imagin all the time you spent typing this thread and reading posts/posting yourself. You could have already made several posts in the sections that count. Please realize I am in no way taking sides just looking at it from a different point of view. If you want to sell items on here like many people do then take the time to add to the site in the sections that count.
Kinda look at it like your payment to LS1tech and the other members. You make 50 hopefully useful posts, and you are allowed to sell on tech. It is a good rule as to many come on here to sell and rip other members off.

I believe in your case that your Fla posts should be enough, but rules are rules and to bend them for one member wouldn't be right to the rest that have to live by the same rules. Good luck selling your hood and PM me a price I will check with the local guys around here to see if any are interested. I am sure for someone local it would be a great item to pick up as shipping can be expensive on a hood.
Jeremy
Old 06-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Launching!

when life hands me banana's i make banana juice..wait a minute.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just got back from vacation. I still think it sucks that I cant get my old account password, and that I cant use my 70 or so posts here to sell here, but I am over it now. I just wanted to vent my frustration and thought maybe they might reconsider when posting to local forums only. I will get my 50 the correct way on this new account and forget my old account and then sell the items nationwide in the regular for sale area.

I didnt join to sell things, only needed to sell a couple things to finance an unexpected breakage. I really didnt see a big deal selling it on the Florida Forum, since I have nearly 70 posts here.

I said my peice and I realize there is no acceptions, but..........................still seems silly.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:40 PM
10 Second Club

Just post good **** and be done with it. With all the tech auto, m6 , n20, ls1, lt1 etc it's so easy a caveman could do it.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

k. glad you got your word in. sounds like you figured it out. locking as there is no point to this thread.

Quick Reply: Locked for sale in local forum but local forum posts do not go toward 50??????