Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Best Tint Shop In Central Florida

Old 06-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best Tint Shop In Central Florida

Hey guys, looking to get the Trans Am tinted and was wondering what was a real good place to do it in central florida. I'm near altamonte, but would be willing to drive a ways for a good job, thanks.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have had all my vehicles done here at the flea market in Saint Cloud from Mitch who owns Class on Glass. I wouldnt go anywhere else. But that would be a drive for you, about 30 minutes.
EDIT: *They do have a lifetime warranty against peeling, delamination, fading and scratching*

Last edited by Ntimid8r7; 06-24-2007 at 12:33 AM.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

don't go to "creative tuning".. They don't offer a warranty and i'm an idiot and didn't offer to see if they did six months later and my tint is ripping so i'm interested in finding a a good place. I actually want to try and do it myself, it doesn't look that hard.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:59 AM
FormerVendor

Explicit Customs here in Melbourne. Check out the location on our site for the Melbourne location.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:48 AM
12 Second Club

I went to audio excellence in Ocoee for my z and my ta.. did a good job on the back window (only used on piece)
Old 06-24-2007, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deanasdork
I went to audio excellence in Ocoee for my z and my ta.. did a good job on the back window (only used on piece)
yeah the guy did my back window in one piece but he rushed through my passenger side and then blamed it (the peeling) on how old the car is

how much did they charge you?
Old 06-24-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

iv had both my cars and moms car done at lake mary car wash they do high end cars all day long. they use lumar tint and have a lifetime warrenty
Old 06-24-2007, 02:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pretyflywiteguy
yeah the guy did my back window in one piece but he rushed through my passenger side and then blamed it (the peeling) on how old the car is

how much did they charge you?
I only let audio excellence do my back windows on both my cars. both times they were $65.00 dollars.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know a good shop in Clearwater I am not sure if you want to travel that far so I will explain what you will want to look for in a tint shop. Some shops use alot of soap to make it easier to get the tint lined up and to look really good at first. The problem is that the tint is preasure sensitive and with the extra soap the tint has to be pressed harder to get it out. This is why tint will look good for a year or two and then start to get subtle waves in it. They make the tint harder to see out of and if you look at it closer it looks stressed. I have pulled two tint jobs off my TA because the back window had this happen and made it blurry. Because our back windows are so large some tint shops will soap it up real good and press the **** out of it. The guy that did my last job for me explained this to me and told me he uses a very minimal amount of soap and actually flushes the tint with water once he has it set properly. So if you find someone you want to go with inquire about their methods. I am not sure if I was fed some BS on this but it makes sense when he explained why my tint looked the way it did in the past.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my car done like 2 years ago at a little place (forget the name) on 434 at just a block or two east of range line, right next to a little Porsche shop. They got it perfect on the first try and gave me a lifetime warranty. I would highly recommend them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Tint Shop In Central Florida