Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Masport Speed Shop in Boca Raton

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:55 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Masport Speed Shop in Boca Raton

Hi all!

My name is Dan Maslic and I'm the owner of Masport Speed Shop. I'm just dropping a note to let you all know that we're here to help. I keep hearing that "there's nobody in South Florida that can do high performance or tuning". Well, there is, and we can! I have two guys I'd like to introduce as well, and that's Erik (Erik@Masport) and Josh (Josh@Masport). The three of us are passionate (bordering obsessed) with speed and hot cars. It's what we love, and fortunately for us, it's what we do.
At Masport Speed Shop, we're equipped with a Mustang Dyno, the MD1100SE for anyone who cares or is "in the know". Yes, it's the latest and greatest, and in my humble opinion, the only way to roll if you do chassis dyno tuning. We use HP Tuners or DiabloSport depending on what you want or need. We can tune GM and Ford cars and trucks as well as motorcycles. For bikes, we use the PowerCommander. And yes, we use our Mustang Dyno for bike tuning as well (told ya it kicks ***!) We sell parts and accessories; everything from K&N Filters to supercharger kits. I invite anyone who needs some help or is interested to visit our website at www.masportspeedshop.com. Click on the "About Us" link to get a better idea of who we are and what we do. I was fortunate in life to have been surrounded by some truly wonderful people who taught me that character is everything. It's why I've always maintained a no bs attitude in everything I do, and why I strive to do what's right as opposed to what's easy. So I say again, if you guys out there (and gals!) need anything or any help, give us a shout. We certainly appreciate your business, and I think you'll appreciate our expertise, sincerity, and honesty.
Also, keep an eye out in the sales section! We'll be posting some really wicked kits and packages soon at prices that'll make you weep for joy!
Cheers, and happy motoring!
Old 07-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Closed Sponsor Account

Hello everyone,
Name's Erik. I also go by "erikthegoalie", but I will be on this name from now on. I have over 2500 posts on that name, so, you may have spoken to me in the past, or even given me much needed advice at one time or another!

I became a member of this site in 2005, and have learned too much to list from other members and sponsors. I am glad that I can now help others.

I was fortunate enough to meet Dan @ MASPORT, where he welcomed me without a seconds thought. I am constantly learning more and more about the LSx engine, Corvettes, Fords, Camaros, Firebirds, and other high performance vehicles everyday, which is great!

Like Dan stated, we are a "NO BS" kind of shop. We are honest, and work hard to get your car to it's peak performing level, with the most state of the art equipment.

We can custom build turbo kits, supercharger kits, nitrous kits, and just about anything else you desire. We frequent Moroso, Imokalee, and Countyline where you can find us racing our own vehicles.

We pride ourselves HEAVILY on our work ethic, honesty, and ability to tune your vehicle thoroughly, without being rushed- something that has become a common problem with other tuners in my opinion. We take our time, and do not hand you the keys until it is finished- everytime.

Feel free to call, pm, or email us anytime, we will get back to you as soon as we can!

Thanks!
Erik

Old 07-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Closed Sponsor Account

Hey guys,

Most of you know me as 2002/black/SS and I, like erik, have also learned so much from LS1tech and I am now proud to be a sponsor and share my knowledge and experience with others.

I would also just would like to mention that we are here to fix the pratically NON-EXISTENT SOUTH FLORIDA TUNING MARKET. We are are open 6 days a week and can tune your car with just an appointment, just let us know! Dan has been tuning cars for 20+ years and has worked on just about everything, and has extensive knowledge of everything related to it.

Well if you guys have any questions or concerns just let one of the three of us know! And if you would like to stop by you can on any day, we are always avaliable for our customers.

JOSH

Last edited by Josh@MASPORT; 07-10-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Closed Sponsor Account

Here are some pictures and video from our last Dyno day:

Old 07-10-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Regular

Nice to see another South FL racing shop. Good luck!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 03:08 PM
12 Second Club

The Masport crew killed my inner child.

Jk, they rock. Thats my pewter bird up top. And over the last month the crew added some goodies to my car. Very nice goodies. Thanks again you guys.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

Where in Boca are you guys located? I used to live there, and now live just south of there. I may want to stop by and see what you guys can do for me.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

We're located at 1625 NW 1st Ave. This is the first street west of, and parallel to, Dixie Hwy, between Glades and 20th Street. Come on out! Look forward to seeing you there. Quick note: We'll be closed on Thursday 12 through Saturday 14th as we're meeting and visiting some new suppliers up in central and north Florida, but feel free to come on in anytime next week. Also, we'll be holding a dyno night soon. As soon as plans are finalized, we'll spill the beans and get the rollers ready and see if some of the cars in SoFlo can cash the checks that the smack-talkers mouths are writin'!!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:13 PM
12 Second Club

Do you tune Lt1 cars?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome. always good to see more options, esp in south florida.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Closed Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Jditlfm
Do you tune Lt1 cars?
You bet your *** we do

Gator, thanks man. We hope to fill a deep, and very wide void here in South Florida.

Erik
Old 07-10-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

As a medic it pains me to not see at least some type of fence between the car and where the video guy is standing. Ive seen cars literally explode on the dyno and its never good.

The shop does look damn good though.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:14 AM
Closed Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by bballr4567
As a medic it pains me to not see at least some type of fence between the car and where the video guy is standing. Ive seen cars literally explode on the dyno and its never good.

I agree. In fact, we all agree.
This was a small group of very close friends, so we were a bit loose on the rules that night....from now on, everyone is required to stand as far away from the car as they can. We never have a customer in the car obviously, nor do we let them stand in front while car is spinning the rollers....
We do strap the car down in 4 locations, run it through some gears, then restrap. Those suckers are TIGHT, lemme tell ya!

Thank you for the compliments. We would like to expand in the near future to the bay next door as well, where we can have not only an airconditioned shop with lifts, etc, but a showroom of performance parts, engines, turbos, supercharges, etc...maybe even the shop cars. It would be nice Plus it has two bathrooms haha...

All we need now is steady business, which I don't think will be too hard to find

Thanks guys for the interest!
Erik
Old 07-11-2007, 07:16 AM
Closed Sponsor Account

PS, the tire video of my car on the dyno was taken by putting the camera on the table...no single person was every closer than 7-8 feet at ANY time...but like we said, even that was a bit close!

Erik
Old 07-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Launching!

Eric, awesome to hear that you are working there. We met at the SSP car show, and I'm in the process of acquiring (hopefully) a cammed Z28.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:59 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thanks guys! Regarding shop safety, make no mistake about it. The only people allowed WITHIN the shop during dyno runs are Masport Speed Shop staff. As Erik mentioned, that particular group that night was comprised of close friends of staff and so were allowed in the shop during testing. Our liability insurance simply doesn't allow for any customers to be within close proximity of the vehicle while testing. The only exception to this rule is that we allow people in the test area while performing setup to mingle and see the last run results. Naturally, over and above human compassion, we can't operate our business with long term objectives by putting our customers in harms way...it's bad for repeat business if they don't have a pulse when they leave. All jokes aside, we do take these matters extremely seriously. I am proud that in all of my years of doing automotive and performance work we have never lost a car on the dyno or lift, nor suffered any collateral damage due to vehicle break down. I can tell you that this is not luck, rather it is due to a complete safety check of every vehicle that goes on the dyno. This includes checking general vehicle condition prior to parking on the rollers (it's the primary reason we chose an above-ground dyno, as it's safer and more cost-effective to perform inspections this way), followed by suspension and frame inspection, wheel lug nut torque, tire pressures, and double checking the straps after running alignment. As with all things, safety doesn't stop here. There are other behind-the-scenes issues that are diligently dealt with such as dyno maintenance, lift maintenance, frequent strap replacement, test bay fire system maintenance, etc. This is part of the cost of performing dyno runs. As you can see, we are quite thorough with these matters. I hope I've shed some valuable light on what it takes to make dyno testing safe in any shop. And I'd like to thank you again for the compliment and the concern...it's nice to know people care!
Cheers!!
Old 07-11-2007, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is great to hear. Everytime a racer dies it hurts me and if the accident could of been preventable that is even worse.

BTW do you have any more pics of that GTO with the insane flame job on it?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Closed Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by splitplug
Eric, awesome to hear that you are working there. We met at the SSP car show, and I'm in the process of acquiring (hopefully) a cammed Z28.

Kevin right? How are you man? Glad to hear that 3.8 may be on its way out...and a cammed car in!

You know, I started with a 3.8L 3800 Series RS camaro, a 97....thing was sweet, I'll post a pic of it lata lol...I tok it apart many times, and actually made some power...lol

Come by anytime....I want to get in touch with Ruben down in Miami (THE CROW), and see if maybe one night the Miami crew can come by our shop here in Boca, and start a new show once in a while!

Erik
Old 07-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Closed Sponsor Account

That is great to hear. Everytime a racer dies it hurts me and if the accident could of been preventable that is even worse.

I agree....it is terrible, just today I saw an EVO on a flat bed going to a yard, completely destroyed...looked fatal as all hell....too bad...

That GTO is even better in person...has an F-1 procharger on it, and a built block....Dan tunes it with Diablo...thing is friggin SICK...makes me want a procharger!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sure do. As soon as I get back in town Monday I'll post a few more. That car is based in the area. We did the engine swap and threw in a higher stall converter. Since then it's had a new trans put in (higher capacity) and the fuel system will get upgraded in the near future. After that, it'll get tuned by Johan at Diablo seeing as how they are sponsoring the car for shows and such. Damn sweet ride, that thing. You can see some more pics and video of the car on DiabloSport's website...www.diablosport.com.

Quick Reply: Masport Speed Shop in Boca Raton