Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Don't Make Me Trash Another One!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't Make Me Trash Another One!

A couple of years ago I $-$-$aved this original 1968 Firebird convertible from being parted and cannibalized. I have since been injured and had my left wrist rebuilt and have not had a chance to even look at it, much less turn a wrench on it. It has sat in storage for 2+ years now collecting dust and I’m torn between getting rid of it or just sitting on it and paying rent until my hand gets better. (About 1 more year) SAD story… BOOO-HOO!!!
My question is when I was a kid we had local cars supplied by private individuals to vocational schools to teach high school kid auto repair and customization. Does anyone know of a school that could use a real project; a Pimp My Ride deal or something??? I think the only parts not rusted are the head lights; however I did have the original Pontiac 350 running before moving it to storage. I would cover the cost of parts if someone is interested but a frame off or even basic restoration at a body shop is just too much money to get the wife to agree.
I also have several parts for 1979-1981 Trans Ams for sale or trade for 1968 FB stuff. (Fenders, brackets, radiator support and various interior parts) I’m getting out of the hobby for a while because of my wrist. I’m in Pinellas county Fl. If you are looking for something and in the area shoot me an email. (ritschner@yahoo.com)
Old 07-18-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im in Orlando and am always looking for a project Bird.
Sorry to hear of your dilema.
I have quite a bit of 67-9 Bird parts but dont need anything for 78-81.
I wouldnt take it to any voed school,save the 85 S10s for that.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:03 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Moving to Florida Members Forum...

Quick Reply: Don't Make Me Trash Another One!