anyone around here have a sts turbo ?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

STS owner checkin in from P'cola
Old 07-23-2007, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

hey where did you purcahse it and how much did it cost you? i have a stock ls1, what upgrades would i need to do to have one? just bigger injectors?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Regular

Theres a 6.0 truck here in jax with one. I'm sure he'll chime in soon.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Launching!

i dynoed a stock a4 car with over 100k on the clock and it put down a touch over 500 at the wheels with an sts kit at 13 psi. Not bad for a stock car.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FASTERthanYOU
Theres a 6.0 truck here in jax with one. I'm sure he'll chime in soon.
Who would do such a thing?

I have it and love it. Turbos are better left to those who turn their own wrenches. I enjoyed intercooling it myself. Its loads of fun and drives like stock when I stay out of the loud pedal. Be prepared for spending more and more. I can't tell you how many times I have said, and next...I'll buy this. I am currently working on cam, rods, springs, boost controller, flt trans, and some weight loss

Its like having a 125 shot that never runs out. It hits softer tho, so its easier on the vehicle.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jeff5076
hey where did you purcahse it and how much did it cost you? i have a stock ls1, what upgrades would i need to do to have one? just bigger injectors?
I purchased the kit from a dealer off of ebay because they were having a sale about a year and a half ago. It was the cheapest price that I found from searching the web for about 3 weeks. After I ordered it I dealt directly with Scott from STS to get all the details worked out.

If your going to install the kit on a stock LS1 you'll need 42lb. injectors(or higher), 255lph fuel pump(or higher), BOV(if manual trans.), FI spark plugs(NGK TR6 or equivalent), preferably dyno tuned PCMI (went with the Nelson Performance mail order tune untill just recently)

What is also highly reccomended but is up to you, FMIC, exhaust wrap from the turbo up to the manifolds(for better spool time), (x2) wideband O2 sensors with gauges(some use 1 after the y-pipe but I like to monitor both banks of the engine because one side can run lean and the other rich and if you monitor only after the y-pipe it's a good chance it will read as it should when it's actually not.), some sort of PCV catch can with new PCV routing(run a search in forced induction and you'll find a ton about this)

Optional = boost controller
Old 07-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Banned

for optimum performance your going to want everything oreo said. It's a lot more than just the kit. the ls1 can take a beating with boost thanks to all of the head bolts tho! Just research it in the boosted section of ls1tech

Quick Reply: sts