Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Autocross!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autocross!!!

Hey guys...im from boca and was wondering how many of you run autocrosses...im looking to start doing some and was looking to get some general info on it like how it works etc thanks
Old 08-03-2007, 04:37 PM
Banned

never could find anything close in boca when i lived down there except for porsche only club members or ferarri, mercedes, ect... The closest was either homestead or anywhere else that was an hour and a half or more away.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:15 PM
12 Second Club

speaking of autocrossing..... since i just got my zo6s on id like to give it a try. who knows if i like it i might swap out my 90/10s for a nice set of kyb 8 ways. when is the next autocross around orlando?
Old 08-04-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

KYB 8-ways? If you end up liking autocross, you might as well buy some shocks that have a good reputation for that application. Bilsteins would be least expensive, followed by Koni SA's. DA's have insufficient compression for the rear axle. Yes I have them, but I need to switch to custom valved shocks as my spring rate is near the limit of what the DA's can control.

Swapping front shocks is time consuming, and you might consider spending a little more up front to not have to change them out as soon later. If you're running 90/10's you might not get a complete feel for autocross. Make sure you don't bring the skinnies

SCCA is racing at Brooksville tomorrow, but registration has already closed. MSCC will be racing on August 12th in Tavares, and SCCA will be in Deland on August 19th. My car is still being buttoned up after an engine transplant and it's unlikely that it'll be broken in before the weekend of the 12th... heck, I might not even have it idling nicely by then

Equipe Rapide advertises as hosting autocross events in the Miami, Ft. Lauderdale & WPB area.

http://www.erscc.com/

Last edited by JimMueller; 08-04-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Closed Sponsor Account

If you need any auto-x help, give Dan a shout at the shop...he knows his ****..

We are going to build something custom for a shop car that will handle like a champ...
Its what we do

Erik
Old 08-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

thanks guys for the help

Quick Reply: Autocross!!!