Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

housing in the orlando area

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default housing in the orlando area

ive been wanting to move to orlando for some time all of my family lives in or around orlando and many of my friends have moved up there within the past 2 years.. does anyone know of an affordable house (i do not want an apartment) in a decent area.. im willing to live anywhere from downtown orlando to the lake mary/heathrow area.. even possibly deltona...

and does anybody know how i can contact the plumbing union up there or how much they pay for a licensed journeyman plumber (i am currently attending apprenticeship school but am finishing with the schooling and licensing down here before i move)

there is no local in the Charlotte county area and i would rather live close to my family/friends in a town where there is actually stuff to do, and make a decent amount of money

thanks
-steve
Old 08-20-2007, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

yup my house!!
Old 08-20-2007, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

I know the owners (Palmer Homes) of the new development for Whisperwoods Village. Phase 3 and 4. It is a Townhome in Winter Park. That's as much as I can help, but good luck.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How big of a house are you looking for?
Old 08-20-2007, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lasombra52
I know the owners (Palmer Homes) of the new development for Whisperwoods Village. Phase 3 and 4. It is a Townhome in Winter Park. That's as much as I can help, but good luck.
can you let me know about pricing...

Originally Posted by blackbirdls1
How big of a house are you looking for?
i was hoping for a 3/2 but that will prolly be to expensive around that area.. i was hoping for something less the 1,000 a month... i dunno pricing up there, i guess i could talk to a few people i know up there..

i should be making more money in the union then i currently am, so my housing allowance may rise, and ill be splitting rent so that helps alot.. i was looking for a house to buy down here but i dont wanna be tied down in a place i dont really wanna live in
Old 08-21-2007, 05:58 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-21-2007, 08:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by presto_z
Here is the e-mail I got from the salesman.

Hello Jason,
I'm Joe Knagge the sales person for our townhomes at Whisperwoods. We have a pre-construction price of $199,000 with us paying all the closing cost and giving everyone $3,000 for options. Please give me your address and we will mail you some brochures. Don't hesitate to call me at 407-456-0547 with any questions.
Joe

If you call him, tell him Jason Bridgewater with Landscape Dynamics, referred you. I did the code Landscape plans for the new phases, so I'm not going to get any kick-backs or anything. Just letting you know what I know. Oh, and you might be able to get him to lower the price a little, or get more options.

Hope it helps.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:52 AM
CKZ
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by presto_z

i was hoping for a 3/2 but that will prolly be to expensive around that area.. i was hoping for something less the 1,000 a month... i dunno pricing up there, i guess i could talk to a few people i know up there..

i should be making more money in the union then i currently am, so my housing allowance may rise, and ill be splitting rent so that helps alot.. i was looking for a house to buy down here but i dont wanna be tied down in a place i dont really wanna live in
For that price, I would look into the West Colonial area...Somewhere between Mercy Drive and Pine Hills Road.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

My parents have a 3/2 house in Winter Park renting for I believe $1260/month that they are looking to sell. Its about a 10-15 minute drive from there to downtown Orlando. It's a decent area, but not in the "yuppy" district. Its an older house (as are many in Winter Park). 2 car garage, fenced in backyard, and available September 1st.

Quick Reply: housing in the orlando area