Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Orlando fire, off of Avalon Pk Blvd

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 03:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Orlando fire, off of Avalon Pk Blvd

Tonight, right around 2:30 a fire started in some recently built apartments in a new development right off of Avalon pk blvd just south of 50. The development hasn't even been finished yet, windows haven't even been installed yet. My gf and I decided to go check it out. We hop in her car and drive to the end of our neighborhood (which is far from the fire and on the opposite side of the road). Two cops are sitting at the end of our neighborhood and immediately direct us to the right (away from the fire). Then we see the fire. These buildings are about 4-5 stories high and are built completely of wood. The flames are friggin huge. I've seen forest fires before, and these flames put those to shame. So she starts driving away. Our first thought is "****, what are we going to tell them when we get back?" We drive for awhile, then turn around. We get close to our neighborhood (approximately 100ft away) and we're stopped by a police officer. We tell him that we live at the next turn. He tells us the road is closed and that we have to go away. There is only one way into our neighborhood. So now we're sitting at a friend's house trying to wait this out a bit. It's now 4:17am. I called the local PD and they told me to give it time. I know we shouldn't have left the street in the first place (I told her we should've rode our bikes to the end of the street), but this sucks.

On a side note, who do you think will pay for the damages? The development isn't completed yet. Any ideas?
Old 09-02-2007, 10:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wow. I live in Timber Springs and am surprised I haven't seen any smoke. Maybe I'll go check it out?
Old 09-02-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We couldn't get back into our neighborhood until 7am. They were still dumping water on it at that time. I doubt its still smoking, but you should be able to tell which building it is from the road.

Quick Reply: Orlando fire, off of Avalon Pk Blvd