Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

dumb people and shitty luck

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dumb people and shitty luck

so the guy I bought my car from must have had a system and a super special alarm in the car. Something I couldn't tell by just looking at normal things when buying a car, the guy was sly and smooth about hiding wires under the dash and vacuum tubing the power cord from the alternator to the battery so i couldn't see the spliced wires. Now I wish I would have looked at things more closely, I was tired of driving around a rental pt cruiser and wanted to get back into an f-body quick.

Well this ******* has caused me more trouble and grief. On my way to work today the cars voltage just drops like a turd out of a sweaty ***. Thank god I was only half a mile away from work and I work in the service department in a chevy dealership or I'd be fucked. So I start taking things apart today and I find the cord from the alternator to the battery which has been spliced into about 4 or 5 times. So I figure I just replace that, but oh wait since the ******* ******* UAW Gm workers decided to go on strike I have to wait a couple more days because they are so backed up with parts orders that it's going to take that long for me to get that **** from jacksonville. Take the alternator out and that thing is completely fucked, might just be because of all the miles on it or who knows but it sucks.

But oh it gets better, since I'm dealing with all this electrical **** I decide to follow this splice that goes into the interior of the car. There I find a whole clusterfuck of wires, resistors, and any other kind of electrical component of wiring you could imagine for the alarm this *** had on the car. I sware every power supply that is in the interior of the car is spliced into along with about every other wire, when they have two spliced wires from the main battery cable running into the interior too for the system and the alarm.

The moral of the story is why are people so ******* dumb? Are people not capable of researching things so that they can do things properly? Why do some union workers go on strike for more money when they already get paid more for what they do than what they really should? Do those ******** not realize that they can affect the economy in many different ways (mainly bad) because they want 1 more dollar an hour? I know most of you guys are gonna say welcome to the real world, well my response to that is going to be "People need to pull their ******* heads out of their asses."

End rant.

I feel better now.

Even tho I'm going to spend a fortune fixing this wiring mess.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

*** Applause ***

electrical problems suck... good luck with that!
Old 09-28-2007, 05:18 PM
12 Second Club

damn that sucks.... i work at gm dealership in pontiac service....and that freak'n strike made me loss a few hour or work. so i feel you on that one. and good luck with the wiring.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
On my way to work today the cars voltage just drops like a turd out of a sweaty ***.
Thats on hell of a drop!!
Old 09-28-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

My dad bought a VW GTI from a friend and the alarm used to go off on it's own. It would not go off at like 1 in the after noon or maybe 10 in morning it would go off at like 3 or 4 in the morning everytime. I started checking out under the dash and some one did something similar to what you are going through. The best part was they just twisted the wiring back together and did not even tape some wires. I could not believe it did not cause more havoc. I spent a day cramped under the dash soldering and shrink wraping the wires. Hopefully it is not as bad as it looks once you start sorting it out.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Hey Chop, what kind of wheels on your car? They look bad ***.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:03 PM
TECH Regular

I feel ya on the GM strike deal. I ordered parts monday that should have been at the shop on wednesday but now I won't see them untill next week. Explain that to a customer!
Old 09-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS1156
Hey Chop, what kind of wheels on your car? They look bad ***.
yea +1.

and those ******** that go on strike don't even realize they are haulting the business cycle. We need parts, they need to make them. We can't get parts, customer gets pissed, doesn't come back to the shop or maybe even GM in general, production slows, techs loose hours, jobs get cut, and so on. And it doesn't help that dealerships are shady enough places to work for in the first place.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

yea +1.

And it doesn't help that dealerships are shady enough places to work for in the first place.
So true!!!
Old 09-29-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yep, I had a similar problem. I spent days pulling out all the additional wiring. There was a live 8 guage wire hooked directly to the positive on the battery to the rear spare tire compartment and just laying there. Yep laying there live directly off the battery. Plus I found an alarm box and sensors all over. Spliced without connectors or solder, just twisted to the stock harness. So I feel your pain. If you need help getting it sorted, I am in Deland.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:38 AM
On The Tree

Hmm. My car has an old Clifford model. The transponder went bad. Its currently in permanent valet mode. Alarm shops have quoted me 600 bucks to remove the alarm and return it to the factory keyless entry. I'm sure they'll just hack the wires like the best of em.

Goodluck w/ that crap bro.

Any help you guys can suggest to me while were on the subject?
Old 09-29-2007, 07:50 AM
10 Second Club

and those ******** that go on strike don't even realize they are haulting the business cycle.
incorrect. they do know that. which is why they go on strike. to halt the business cycle and use it as leverage to get what they want out of the negotiations.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Exactly. Hulting the business cycle is the goal of unions when negotiating. Nothing like a bunch of unskilled prople making $30 an hour to screw in speakers with full health benefits for $10 a week wining about their jobs.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mrr23
incorrect. they do know that. which is why they go on strike. to halt the business cycle and use it as leverage to get what they want out of the negotiations.
i know rob, just venting lol
Old 09-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mnypitZ
Yep, I had a similar problem. I spent days pulling out all the additional wiring. There was a live 8 guage wire hooked directly to the positive on the battery to the rear spare tire compartment and just laying there. Yep laying there live directly off the battery. Plus I found an alarm box and sensors all over. Spliced without connectors or solder, just twisted to the stock harness. So I feel your pain. If you need help getting it sorted, I am in Deland.
And I might need your help. But for now while the car is down, I'm going to take the tranny out and get it rebuilt, put my headers and get the dual exhaust put on. Then start on the wiring lol.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

And I might need your help. But for now while the car is down, I'm going to take the tranny out and get it rebuilt, put my headers and get the dual exhaust put on. Then start on the wiring lol.

Just be careful you dont cause any other issues in the process. I have found from experiance that when you dont fix the car correctly before modding you end up not knowing for sure what caused the issues to begin with.

What kind of Dual exhaust are you doing? I would like to see some examples(other than Roberts). His is nice but expensive.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:57 AM
12 Second Club

i hate wiring to, probably because i know really nothing about it. I have something draining my battery and its driving me nutz. i hope it all gets fixed brother.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mnypitZ
Just be careful you dont cause any other issues in the process. I have found from experiance that when you dont fix the car correctly before modding you end up not knowing for sure what caused the issues to begin with.

What kind of Dual exhaust are you doing? I would like to see some examples(other than Roberts). His is nice but expensive.
It was the alternator and power cord going from it to the battery causing the power drain problem. Each separate from each other in why thy are bad. Alternator has been getting power steering fluid spewed all over it (gonna have to fix that) and the power cord because of all the splices.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Banned

Oh and the dual exhaust will be 3 inch xpipe from headers to however small I need to go with both pipes to fit over the axle to magnaflow 4 inch round mufflers to c6 tips. One of my dads good friends owns a shop down in sebring, and I believe he has a mandrel bender, but they are gonna do all the work for next to nothing.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my way to work today the cars voltage just drops like a turd out of a sweaty ***. ... ******* ******* UAW Gm workers.

LMFAO, I've never heard that one, and Yeah, **** the Union. As a former non-Union GM Employee, they can suck that sweat laden turd dropping from aforementioned ***.