Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Huge Thanks To Everyone From Norris Motorsports & Our Grand Re-Opening

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 09:48 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Huge Thanks To Everyone From Norris Motorsports & Our Grand Re-Opening

Hey All,

I just wanted to let folks know how thankful and really overwhelmed my wife Sharron and I are with the much larger then expected turnout and support. I really do not know how to put it into words to be honest. It was great to see some old friends from back when we used to have regular club dyno days in the Ocoee location for CCO, CFFB and Lethaly Injected crews. Plus a lot of new faces that seemed to match numbers the old ones. I would be remiss if I did not mention the small core of folks from back when with Jason Faulcouner, Clint Marrs, Richie Carbone, Dave Moss and even my old tech Gary.

I do need to apologize to everyone for not having more time then I expected to spend with folks. I would start to talk to folks and give it the old "let me finish this up and we will get together" and just kept going and going. I figured a few dyno runs here and there, but once I started running the dyno at about 9:45 the next thing I new I choked down a quick burger and it was about 4:30 or 5PM. I really wanted to be sure I got folks dyno'd as I had promised. I already have a couple ideas for the next time.

There needs to be more thanks to folks that were there that I can come up with. I think everyone needs to thank my wife for tolerating my crap and she acrually had a good time meeting and talking with folks. She is the support and guidance through these events and without her i would be more lost then usual

A big thanks to Mr Jack Brumley and everyone else for all of the posted pictures and unwavering support. Plus helpinh to get the northside crew together for the cruise on down.

Another big thanks goes to John Romanowski for working the BBQ grill as well as his boy John John. Here I thought I would have time to talk, dyno and BBQ. What the heck was I thinking. I am sure Scott Glassman was helping out as usual, he was there before I was.

Again, this whole thing would not have been possible without the past years of support from everyone new and old. It looks like things are very much on track and I feel like I owe a lot the the car community to say the least. Even the weather did not chase folks away when it would come on through.

I know a lot of folks were wondering about the free dyno tune session drawing. The winner was pulled at approximately 5PM after my wife reminded me it was a bt past due. The winner is David Rochelle of Apopka who, if I remeber right, has an APS TT F-Body about ready to go. Congrats David.

Also congrats to the five folks who won the free base dyno runs and t-shirts during the day. Mike Nostro, Collins Barber, Jim McLaughlin, Sean Hobbs & Richard Perez.

But again I must apologize for my personal lack of time I spent with folks as I had inteneded and I will be contacting as many folks as I can remember coming up to me and y'all feel free to call me anytime. I am sure I will think of thanking more people after I get this post done.

Thanks again everyone.

Mike Norris
Old 09-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely a good time! It was good to see/meet everyone...thanks Mike!
Old 09-30-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

definitely, I will show up again. and plus the wife said I can get the pulley after my next pay check.woohoo. hopefully I will be over 500/500 or right at it. I was sooooo close. but thanks for having us. it was a good showing. tons of fun. thanks for everything.
Wesley
Old 09-30-2007, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a great day and the new shop looks good Mike good luck with the new spot and ill be back for a dyno tune once i get heads and cam.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Hey Mike, thanks to you and Sharron for having us out there and for the the lunch.

My son and I had a great time and no problem for the help on the grill, anytime. It always seems to take more time to do things and no time to just BS.

The new shop looks great, we'll be by soon again to pop in a say hey.

talk to ya soon.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mike, thanks for having us out. It was great seeing you and Sharon receiving such a well-deserved turnout. SSJIMMY, thanks for your participation in getting us all together for the drive over to the Grand Opening. Can't wait 'til the next BBQ/cookout!

Was good meeting new fellow car enthusiasts and seeing old friends/acquaintances ... a few accomplices, as well .

Cheers to all ...
Old 10-01-2007, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Mike had a blast, thank you to you and Sharon for putting up with us, the shop looks great. Next time don't be late.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:31 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

I wish I could have stayed longer but I had other obligations.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any pics?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:49 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
any pics?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-members/791018-norris-motorsports-grand-opening-day-pics.html
Old 10-01-2007, 07:46 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

It was a big turnout Mikey, good to see a bunch of friends there.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

damn nice pix!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:54 PM
7 Second Club

Dave's Formula looks black instead of purple

Nice collection of rides, looks like a good time. That '69 T/A is
Old 10-01-2007, 09:39 PM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Villain281H
Dave's Formula looks black instead of purple

Nice collection of rides, looks like a good time. That '69 T/A is
It was rainy and overcast in Orlando, then the rain followed us to the DH5 race in Bradenton at least it cleared up by 6pm.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Banned

Shows how respected you are Mike....you have earned it. Great Job!!

I need to make the drive over & see your new setup.

Tracy
Old 10-02-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Addict

No prob snoop dogg. Nice place good luck and im happy for ya.

Quick Reply: Huge Thanks To Everyone From Norris Motorsports & Our Grand Re-Opening