Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

college football is BY FAR THE BEST SPORT EVER

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default college football is BY FAR THE BEST SPORT EVER

number 1 and 2 got knocked off tonight... this year in football is amazing its so damn exciting.

I HAVE KNOW IDEA WHAT WILL HAPPEN THE REST OF THE YEAR this **** is crazy

GO GATORS I HOPE THEY CAN WIN OUT... hell there still in it as far as im concerned LOL
Old 10-13-2007, 10:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

next week will be an incredible game for the gators.

this year is incredible.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

instead of saying "any given sunday" it should be "any given saturday,or thursday"
Old 10-13-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hell yea, college football reigns supreme. USF oughta see the top 3 when the polls come out too. how bout them bulls!
Old 10-14-2007, 12:47 AM
11 Second Truck Club

like they said, another one bites the dust!
top ranked teams will get shot down this season.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:48 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by buddha845
hell yea, college football reigns supreme. USF oughta see the top 3 when the polls come out too. how bout them bulls!
hell yeah they should!
Old 10-14-2007, 01:56 AM
Banned

i doubt they will. they'll find a way to get usc and lsu ahead of them still
Old 10-14-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

It's exciting, but after cheering on Kentucky to upset yesterday, I regretted their win afterwards. Now instead of deserving teams playing for the national title, It will be teams like Ohio State, whom LSU would beat the holy hell out of, simply because Ohio State plays nothing but Big Ten softies that loose to 1-AA teams.

I guess it's a trade-off that is worth making though, since from week 1 of the season there are exciting, dramatic, meaningful games.

It will be interesting to see where LSU is ranked now. Considering their loss compared to Oklahoma's and USC's and their #1 ranking, LSU SHOULD be the highest ramked 1 loss team and still have an outside shot. We'll see...

The only undefeated team that looks very good to me is USF. Boston College, Hawii, Ohio State, and Kansas don't look that impressive to me, but chances are 1 of them will remain unbeaten and we'll have a repeat of last years boring, one-sided title game where a soft team who got a free ride the whole year will get their brains beaten in.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by will82
The only undefeated team that looks very good to me is USF. Boston College, Hawii, Ohio State, and Kansas don't look that impressive to me, but chances are 1 of them will remain unbeaten and we'll have a repeat of last years boring, one-sided title game where a soft team who got a free ride the whole year will get their brains beaten in.
go gators
Old 10-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Restricted User

all of this postion changing is a good reason why they shouldnt start to rank teams until the middle of the season. thay way the powers that make the rankings would have a better idea of who is what. there could be a whole bunch of controversy at the end of this season. another reason why there should be a play-off system.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:26 PM
Restricted User

oh, by the way ......GO GATORS !!!
Old 10-14-2007, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

a bunch of pretenders are shuffling their way to the top with soft schedules only becuase the top notch programs lose a game. like when USF went from 18 to 6 in one week when like 9 top 15 teams lost good games. its all about the timing of your loss. teams like UF, LSU, OU would murder the BC's, USF's, and even the OSU's of the top 10. its ridiculous, but in the same respect its been an awesome year in college football due to the parody involved.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Location: Somewhere Between Mild Insanity and Complete Psychosis

Originally Posted by slmdLS1
a bunch of pretenders are shuffling their way to the top with soft schedules only becuase the top notch programs lose a game. like when USF went from 18 to 6 in one week when like 9 top 15 teams lost good games. its all about the timing of your loss. teams like UF, LSU, OU would murder the BC's, USF's, and even the OSU's of the top 10. its ridiculous, but in the same respect its been an awesome year in college football due to the parody involved.
I agree, except for USF. Their defense especially looks like it's loaded with the Florida talent Miami and FSU USED to have. I think they could actually play with the big boys. I'd certainly put my $$$ on UF or LSU though.

Ohio or Boston would get smashed.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by will82
I agree, except for USF. Their defense especially looks like it's loaded with the Florida talent Miami and FSU USED to have. I think they could actually play with the big boys. I'd certainly put my $$$ on UF or LSU though.

Ohio or Boston would get smashed.
dont get me wrong, im pulling for USF so long as they dont interfere with UF, but i just dont see them beating legit top 1-15 teams. yes i know, they beat WVU(1 dimensional, and a hurt Pat White) and Auburn at Jordan Hare, but i'd consider AU/WVU top 15-25.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Restricted User

i think what you are seeing is a more level playing field with college football. kids are not going to the name brand schools if it means that they are going to have to sit while being red-shirted. UF is a perfect example. look at all the freshmen that are dressing each week. there is a ton of talent coming out of high schools these days and every program in the country is changing due to that.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6nJAX
all of this postion changing is a good reason why they shouldnt start to rank teams until the middle of the season. thay way the powers that make the rankings would have a better idea of who is what. there could be a whole bunch of controversy at the end of this season. another reason why there should be a play-off system.
this is so true.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

I find it comical that USF D is lights out in your eyes but the buckeyes are not???

#1: Total Defense
#1: Rushing Defense
#3: Pass Efficiency Defense
#1: Scoring Defense
#41: Total Offense
#24: Scoring Offense

Hate all you want but they are #1 from not letting inferior teams beat them, more than most of your teams can say! I love the hate and will be back to laugh if they win a NC, AGAIN!
Old 10-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned

I love how OSU is number 1 by default and they get a majority of the vote. They will lose to Michigan St., Penn St. or Michigan. People bash Florida for playing 2 easy games at the beg. of the season, yet OSU play Kent State in the middle of the season...WTF?
Old 10-14-2007, 03:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
I love how OSU is number 1 by default and they get a majority of the vote. They will lose to Michigan St., Penn St. or Michigan. People bash Florida for playing 2 easy games at the beg. of the season, yet OSU play Kent State in the middle of the season...WTF?
Your lack of knowledge is magnified, you should be quiet before you further embarrass yourself. See schedules are made about 5 years in advance, Clemson was supposed to be this week and canceled out, we needed a last minute filler. We found one in Kent. We just got done playing Texas the last two years with a home and home, by the way they won a NC one of those years. The next two years we play USC, then Miami Fl, then Cal, then VT and then OK.

These are all home and home match up, I challenge you to find more ballsy OOC foes for any team? It must suck looking up!
Old 10-15-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 97blkz
Your lack of knowledge is magnified, you should be quiet before you further embarrass yourself. See schedules are made about 5 years in advance, Clemson was supposed to be this week and canceled out, we needed a last minute filler. We found one in Kent. We just got done playing Texas the last two years with a home and home, by the way they won a NC one of those years. The next two years we play USC, then Miami Fl, then Cal, then VT and then OK.

These are all home and home match up, I challenge you to find more ballsy OOC foes for any team? It must suck looking up!
UCF cancelled on coming to UF becuase they needed the revenue to pay for their new stadium with an extra home game(you know the one they lost to texas, the "powerhouse" you used as an example of your ooc schedule), so we were in the same boat with WKU. while they arent a powerhouse, UF's ooc schedule has been getting better with Hawaii and Miami coming on to join FSU next year. They cant help that FSU stinks.

Beat up on Akron, youngstown st, Northwestern, & Kent state and the likes all you want(combined they are 23-25), it will only lead your team to embarassment ONCE AGAIN, when they face a halfway decent opponent, your last 5 are average at best and yet many still dont think you go 3-2 to finish. All while making a fanbase look like fools with false hope all year thinking they are invinceable while playing no one. If OSU does make it through unscathed it will icing on the cake to see them labeled as overated and then watch them lose again in whatever game they end up in, just to prove a point to the nation once again. didnt you learn an obvious lesson last year?? looking back would you talk so much smack like you did last year?

Quick Reply: college football is BY FAR THE BEST SPORT EVER