Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

RUN WHATCHA' BRUNG? Kid At Work On a Bike.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 06:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default RUN WHATCHA' BRUNG? Kid At Work On a Bike.

Guy on a CBR600 bike at work tells me he's faster (young cocky kid) on his bike at 125 mph with a 10.96 E/T with a 1.796 60' time. This is a guy who has been talking trash for about a year now ... saying things like 'your car is slow' ... 'you'll NEVER come close to beating me on my bike NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO TO THAT PIGIRON OF YOURS' ... and 'you'll NEVER EVER out-60' me'. Now, I'm telling him, "Well OK, but when I spray, we'll be leaving the line at the same time and I'll be waiting for you at the traps when you get there."

I clobbered his 60' time with my noob-4th-launch-ever at the track. Dude about **** his pants when I showed him my 1.70 60' time from my timeslip at OSW with cold tires, no track prep, and me just learning to launch in high humidity weather. My car is 10 times heavier than his bike ... LOL! He stopped talking trash and is desperately working on his 60' everytime the track opens now. It's funny. He's on a bike and just found out my 150 wet kit is about done and ready to dyno. Now, he tells me the nitrous isn't fair.

Kid doesn't weigh much over 130 lbs. I'm 215 ... still scratching my head over his comment about nitrous not being fair. I looked at him and said, 'Mark, I'll use YOUR famous comment when we were previously comparing your bike to ever racing my car ... RUN WHATCHA' BRUNG BROTHER!!!!!!!!!" He didn't think his favorite statement was very funny anymore. Wonder why he doesn't say that anymore? It used to be everytime he opened his mouth!?

Last edited by JEB99TA; 10-14-2007 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have a stall? with that much NA HP you should be running faster than 12.2 @ 112...
Old 10-14-2007, 07:06 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah, it's a Yank SS3600. Over in the Drag Race Tech forum, I started a thread (see below). If you wanna' check it out, I addressed the same issue in the thread and got a wide array of answers.

My car should be mid 11's, but, I'm a noob to drag racing and can't drive for s**t ... LOL ... gonna' drop some weight, take out the end links, and do a burnout next time ... plus considering doing a right-side airbag in the rear spring. This stuff, along with the end links removed, should get the car where it needs to be. I have a front Strano sway bar, but, still got the stock rear one, so, I'll be putting a Strano bar on the rear soon. You'll see in the thread that Gator's TA ran a 10.9 at only 125.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-tech/797498-best-60-best-et-low-mph.html

In my sig there's a link to my FQUICK Garage where you can see what I've done to the car, if you're interested.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:37 AM
TECH Regular

THIS STORY ISN'T TRUE!!! YOU'RE A LIAR!!!!!

We prep the track every single event
Old 10-14-2007, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Dana ... what's not true? His name's Marc Gau. He's a friend of mine I work with ... you want his number and I'll PM ya' with it? Or, I can post up my time slip if you are doubting my times ... which do you want?

If there is a mistake in what I wrote, that's one thing (and I'm not seeing that, so, please point it out). Being a liar is another thing and I want to disprove what you're saying, unlkess you're joking. You know who I am. I hope you're joking. If you knew me well, you'd know I am one of the most honest people you will ever meet. If you're not joking, I need to come speak with you to clear up why you think I'm lying.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ragingwolf51
THIS STORY ISN'T TRUE!!! YOU'RE A LIAR!!!!!

We prep the track every single event
OK gotcha'. I went back and saw you have multiple lines of blank space in your post. The first line looked like the end of the post. I just saw you're comment about treating the track every night at the bottom.

My 1.707 60' time was at Bithlo with no VHT prep, cold tires, stalling it to 1500 rpm, and 4th-ever launch in my life.
I should have said the track at Bithlo is treated with VP and not with VHT Trackbyte. VP + smooth concrete surface doesn't seem to do much for traction (IMHO) as compared to VHT... I dunno' maybe just me. Are you saying Bithlo just started treating the track last week with VHT instead of VP? If so, I'll be going more often for sure.

EDIT: You may have been looking at my sig early this a.m.. I did have (Unprep'd trac,so, I'm guessing that's what you were rferring to. I changed that juct before you responded because I didn't really know for sure if the track was unprep'd and I thought it would have been misleading. Sorry if that was the mixup.

Last edited by JEB99TA; 10-14-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

him running a high 10 in a 600, he must be launching perfectly and driving like richard petty.....

600's are slow....most ive seen run low 11's and litre bikes get into mid-low 10s.....

he needs to realize how bad it is if he lose's though...i mean, its a couple hundred pound bike...v...a 4000 pound car almost...
Old 10-14-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, I have a copy of his timeslip at work. He's a skinny 'lil f**ker. I'll copy it and post it. He knows how to drive it, for sure.

Only work he has done to the bike is extended rear frame. When he takes off, it rips.

He was shocked to see me beat his 60' time. And I'm a noob at the track. As my wet kit gets finalized, he ain't talkin' **** no more.

My 60' was on cold tires ... next time out to the track instead of stalling it to 1500, I'm gonna' stall it to about 3500 when I leave the line. Speaking from a 60' standpoint, I believe it has 1.5's in it on motor and 1.3's on the spray. My MPH sucks like a big dawg, though.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

my bike will beat yours no problem
lol
my car is deff faster than my bike, and my bike is faster than that kids bike. i hate kids that dont know what the hell there talking about and think just b/c its 400 lbs it will beat eveything.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by staringback05
him running a high 10 in a 600, he must be launching perfectly and driving like richard petty.....

600's are slow....most ive seen run low 11's and litre bikes get into mid-low 10s.....

he needs to realize how bad it is if he lose's though...i mean, its a couple hundred pound bike...v...a 4000 pound car almost...
fastest iv seen a 600 run was high 9's n/a

Quick Reply: RUN WHATCHA' BRUNG? Kid At Work On a Bike.