Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Halo Wiring Results

Old 10-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Halo Wiring Results

Guys,

OK I just hooked up my Halo's and they look sweet, I wired them into the parking lights, so they light up when the parking lights are on (when the headlights are on and I lock/unlock the car), but they don't light up during the day (because the DRL's use a different wire into the parking light harness, DRL is the blue wire). Is there anyway to get the Halo's to light all the time without having to remove the automatic light sensor? Wiring into the fog's won't work because the fog's dont run during the day, and if I wire in the DRL's the Halo won't be on at night? Thanks for any help.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Why do you want the halos on during the day? You will not see them trust me. Wire them to the fogs, that's what I did.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:58 AM
Teching In

Well, I'd like them to be on at dawn/dusk without the headlights, which is really the only time you're every going to see them.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DavyMac23
Well, I'd like them to be on at dawn/dusk without the headlights, which is really the only time you're every going to see them.
Your gonna need to disable the DRLs and auto lamps. Then you can run parking/fog lamps and no head lamps. This is what I did. You will have to pull the stereo out to access the plug to disable these things. If you search there is a write up on it. Takes 10 minutes to do....
Old 10-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Banned

hey SSINSTR, do you know where this thread is at^??? i want the ability to flip my fogs on and have just the halo's come on. this will disable the DRL right (so no more put the ebrake down BOOM lights)?

Search this Thread