Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Looking for a new job!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a new job!

Can anyone hook me up?

Tired of working on other peoples cars and working for ignorant people who run dealerships. It's so frustrating that these people can't understand that I'm in school to better myself and get a education. They think I am supposed to be a lube tech slave for the rest of my life. I gave Courtesy Honda a notice that I will no longer be working there after the month of February.

I am interested in anything that pays $10/hr or more on an hourly wage or better. Working flat rate and fighting tooth and nail with a-holes got old quick working in Express service. I'm a hard worker and bust my *** to get things done without complaining or bitching. I'm just fed up with the automotive service industry.

With that, I am simply looking for something that is flexible with a school schedule, pays decent, and doesn't have a mini-mussolini or mini-hitler running the place.
My credintials:
-AA degree in Business Admin
-Working on a BS in Advertising/PR at UCF
-Very Familiar with MS Office Suite
-Familiar with Adobe and Macromedia programs
-Type 90+ Words a Minute
-Working on becoming a CPA also.
-Plenty of experience in many different fields such as automotive maint., automotive detailing, office work, secretary work, cashier, stocking, guest services, pizza delivery, serving, and more.

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME FIND SOMETHING! I went to the career fair and internship fairs at UCF the past two days and....interships aren't paid and the employers at the career fair wanted kids with their degrees so I was SOL!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going to be hard without experience but try for assistant manager jobs at restaraunts, stores, etc...

Movie theatres pay **** but are pretty flexible
Old 02-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Banned

ive got plenty of experience working at a restaurant just not running one.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

y not go to converges?!?! They pay 10 dollars in a hour and its a easy job. Im going to apply there monday once i have my car back up and running saturday.

Last edited by Disturbed Bird; 02-05-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Disturbed Bird
y not go to convergise they pay 10 dollars in a hour and its easy im going to apply there mon once i have my car back up and running sat
It hurts my eyes to read your posts.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol sorry. hope its better now.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:59 AM
TECH Addict

Haha I was just messin with ya.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Banned

thats where you just call people and ask them if they want to subscribe to directTV?
Old 02-06-2008, 09:02 AM
12 Second Club

I'll keep an eye out for ya
Old 02-06-2008, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
thats where you just call people and ask them if they want to subscribe to directTV?
no im applying for the att branch where people call about there bills.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bastien
I'll keep an eye out for ya
thank ya man!

josh let me know how it goes and if you like it and then hook a brotha up if its legit
Old 02-06-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

no problem
Old 02-06-2008, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

dude... work for Wachovia. I'm a banker myself. It pays better than that. And you get sweet benefits. What job starts you with over 1 month off paid already...

let me know. i can try to hook u up.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:15 AM
12 Second Club

dustin... off topic... PM me your number.. i wanna have some stuff made up for my business... plus whenver i go to orlando i wanna drop by lol... or whenever u come up this ways you can drop by...

beavis

BTW i will keep my ears and eyes open for jobs... if i hear of anything i will let you know...
Old 02-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by The_Wretched
dude... work for Wachovia. I'm a banker myself. It pays better than that. And you get sweet benefits. What job starts you with over 1 month off paid already...

let me know. i can try to hook u up.
there are a couple branches around here in the longwood/lake mary area. Are they flexible with school and **** like that? What about weekends? Let me know!

Beavis pm sent.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Our Company just announce a new program only a few minutes ago. Jump on it NOOOOW!!!!!! .... YOU'LL HAVE A GOOD SHOT AT IT!!!

To: U.S. Employees
The Bank of New York Mellon is pleased to announce the launch of its new Internship Program, which offers a great opportunity for the company to reach out to talented students and provides students with the opportunity to learn more about our company. This program, which encompasses all business sectors and shared services groups across U.S.-based locations, is accepting expressions of interest in employment from U.S.-based college students for its Internship Program through April 18. The Internship Program is designed to:
attract top and diverse talent from colleges and universities, both at the undergraduate and graduate level, for internship positions;
provide meaningful and developmental internship opportunities to these students throughout their college careers; and
create an experience whereby interns want to continue their careers with The Bank of New York Mellon after graduating.
Information about the Internship Program and frequently asked questions are available at
http://www.bnymellon.com/careers/. Internship seekers are invited to visit the Careers page to view internship job postings as well as information about employment at The Bank of New York Mellon. Upon accessing the link for Job Postings/Express Interest in a Position on the eRecruit site, select Internships in the Job Categories section to facilitate the search process. All internship seekers must express interest through eRecruit.
If you have questions about the Internship Program, submit them at
http://www.bnymellon.com/careers/ by visiting the FAQs page.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:41 PM
Banned

Jack signing up for the internship thing right now but the only locations it list for florida are in wpb, ft lauderdale, miami, and miami lakes!
Old 02-07-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not try Home Depot. I have had a few buds work at HD while in school. They are pretty flexible on the scheduling and if you are a hard worker with a smile on your face you can move up thru the Company. A bud of mine was Store Manager after 8 years making a chunk of money and he had a GOLD TOOTH! he did take it out when he was offered the store manger position.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
Jack signing up for the internship thing right now but the only locations it list for florida are in wpb, ft lauderdale, miami, and miami lakes!

Things will open up in Lake Mary/Orlando. We've went from 12 employee's in 2001 and have now built out 4 buildings which house 1250+ Bank employees and NY is buying more real estate to continue to grow in Florida. My company doesn't do personal banking here. It's all high-end Mutuals Funds Accounting. Broker Dealer Services, Personal Wealth, Corporate Trust Accounting, Funds Transfer Services, etc. Benefits can't be matched by any other company I know of. Even if you had to do the Internship in WPB od Ft. Lauderdale, we're growing at such a rate there will always be a transfer option. Good luck Dustin ... being one of the first to apply, with your college background, you have a good shot at it.

Quick Reply: Looking for a new job!