Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Jacksonville, Need job

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Jacksonville, Need job

I live in Jacksonville, Florida and graduated with a bachelor of science in athletic training. There really is not much of a job field for athletic trainers so currently I am stuck with no job and things are getting really tight. I am hopefully going to attend medical school in the next year or two but I really need something to help with the bills. I am willing to do just about anything. It doesn't have to be health related. Is there anyone that can offer some advice or point me in the right direction? I'm kinda desperate... Thanks
Old 02-13-2008, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

go to all the local colleges and high schools to see if they need an athletic trainer... i know flagler college needs one, cuz the bitch we have now is retarded... but seriously, ask around, you might find something...
Old 02-13-2008, 12:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check out the highschools and middle schools...
Old 02-13-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Call Dave Barnett ... there are more positions at Flager College than one would think. I know of at least eight. Bill Abare is the President of the college and I used to work for him directly. Tell Dave that Jack recommended you. I used to work for Bill as the Director of Academic Computing. Dave will remember me ... tell him John *** used to play ball for him in the mid 90's and I'm John's cousin.

If he doesn't have anything open, he will recommend something possibly right there in Jacksonville. He's a real nice guy and will help you if he can.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

You could put in apps with the school boards,
they need phys. ed. teachers.