Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

OSW this Friday May 16th

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default OSW this Friday May 16th

I'll be heading out to OSW this Friday with SidewayzOZ.

Anyone else going out?
Old 05-14-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I'm going to be out there. I'm shooting for something better than a 2.2 60'.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Weather's not looking all that great ... but not too bad, either. If the track was closer, I'd be there everytime the gates open. May see see you out there .... undecided right now ... twist my arm.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:30 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

I'll be out there practicing my reaction times for Sat night points. You should bracket race against me a few times Jack.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JEB99TA
undecided right now ... twist my arm
- There is only a slight chance (20%) of rain....
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...weekday=Friday

- I have yet to see your car run, and I want to...

- I know of some other nice F-Bodys that will be out. Can't wait to see Justin (SidewayzOZ) with new drag wheels/tires and cam.

- I'll buy you a beer

How far away do you live?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Caveman
I'll be out there practicing my reaction times for Sat night points. You should bracket race against me a few times Jack.
You mean against the silver dumdumdumdumdum, Dave? LOL!!! Ain't no way I could bracket race against your red car unless you break.

Originally Posted by medwar11
- There is only a slight chance (20%) of rain....
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...weekday=Friday

- I have yet to see your car run, and I want to...

- I know of some other nice F-Bodys that will be out. Can't wait to see Justin (SidewayzOZ) with new drag wheels/tires and cam.

- I'll buy you a beer

How far away do you live?

Depends on who's givin' the weather ... none of them really ever seem to predict it right. I'm over in Lake Mary ... sorta' sux to have to drive out to the track, but, it's worth it when you get to race.

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USFL0261_f.html
Today: Partly cloudy. High 87F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy. Low around 70F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph.
Tomorrow: Sunshine and clouds mixed. High 92F. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph.
Tomorrow night: Isolated thunderstorms in the evening, mainly cloudy overnight with a few showers. Low 72F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 30%

Hope I can make it out ... finally getting the suspension settings where they're workable.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:27 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

You mean against the silver dumdumdumdumdum, Dave? LOL!!! Ain't no way I could bracket race against your red car unless you break.
Bracket racing= setting a dial in time on your window and trying to run that number. The tree is staggered and the quicker dial leaves on the difference of the dial ins. Anyone can win, whoever runs closest to their dial and cuts a good light wins.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Caveman
Bracket racing= setting a dial in time on your window and trying to run that number. The tree is staggered and the quicker dial leaves on the difference of the dial ins. Anyone can win, whoever runs closest to their dial and cuts a good light wins.
Well, as you've seen, I have been known to cut a pretty good R/T ... best to date is a .001 and I've seen you consistently cut waaaaay low times ... you're about the best I've seen off the light (and I HAVE been watching brother ... LOL).

Two of the most meaningful races to me have been the two times I raced you, Dave ... when I beat the slowest car you have hehehe - granted THAT wasn't by much.

It's always good to meet and talk with you and all the local folks here and there. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out ... tomorrow ... along with the weather, I can't lose much rubber off the rears since the 295 MT DR's are back-ordered. I may wait until I get it tuned to come back out ... only got a couple more runs left in the DR's until I can get the new ones on. Maybe we'll see everybody out tomorrow ... if not tomorrow ... soon for sure.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jack, you should give bracket racing a try.. Its a freaking blast, and not to mention the track is prepped about as well as it's going to be.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

As posted earlier I'll be there. Just went and tried out the slicks/skinnies setup
Old 05-15-2008, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slowmofo
Jack, you should give bracket racing a try.. Its a freaking blast, and not to mention the track is prepped about as well as it's going to be.
Hell, maybe I will. Never done it ... what are all the how's, when's, and where's? How about some details?
Old 05-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Banned

my buddies Charger on 22s last week was running 16.7s @ 83mph. Not great, but he did the exact same thign 4 times in a row! We are gonna start bracket racing that biatch.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:58 AM
11 Second Club

Hell, maybe I will. Never done it ... what are all the how's, when's, and where's? How about some details?
Dave would be the man to talk to about it for sure, I mean I have done it enough but Im a rookie compared to guys like him.

One of the reasons I liked it so much was there are a couple classes running. You go to the track, make 2 practice runs to get a idea of what your car will run and you can go chill in the pits for a while between runs.. You don't have to worry about moving your car up all freaking night, don't have to worry about all the kids driving through the water box, ect. The track is as prepped as it will ever be for the most part.

Some guys have strategies on how to win, I just try to run my number and cut a good light. Last time I went i lost 2nd round but the time before I was in the money.. I love bracket racing.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:33 AM
10 & 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slowmofo
Some guys have strategies on how to win, I just try to run my number and cut a good light.
Thats pretty much the best way to do good in bracket racing. You just need a good idea of what your car is gonna run, usually your car picks up .05 to .10 after your 2nd qualifyer(when the sun goes down). Just leave on the last yellow and run real close to what you dial-in and you win some rounds. Somehow I have won 17 rounds and only lost 5 rounds so far this season. The track is very sticky from VHT and over 100 Super Pro cars with 17" slicks putting tons of rubber on the track surface.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

your right Dave, last time I ran my old 94 out there I ran a 13.06 my 2nd practice pass and ran a 12.97 my first time pass.. dialed a 13.02 thank god guy next to me redlight and I got the win light anyway..

After that the car didn't get to cool off and ran my 13.06 dial in 3 straight times.. that was fun for sure..
Old 05-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Launching!

Bracket racing sounds like fun. How often do they do it?
Old 05-16-2008, 02:46 PM
11 Second Club

OSW has the sched on there site, its like 2 saturdays a month on average.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't make it out, did people get a lot of runs in?

When I parked my car early Thursday where I was staying I saw actual dripping oil from the car. I think my rear main seal is shot, when you are getting on the car a bit you can smell burning oil. I don't have any weird colored exhaust or anything though, and engine is running great. I think its probably leaking into the trans....... So I didn't want to be the jackass dripping oil here and there and probably managing to break. Car made the 2 hour trip back home tonight though.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

I got 8 passes I believe. I think I could have gotten 9 but I was getting tired (and hot).

Quick Reply: OSW this Friday May 16th